Quick question - Quick answer

Are there any mods to change the font in game? I've added a bunch to make the game look better, however its just the font that's left now as it looks pretty pixelated.

Thanks in advance! :)
Theres some text mods in this link. I think they work by replacing the actual game data files and idk how youd go about injecting your own fonts as a mod but its probably pretty simple id imagine

Had to do a fresh install of Windows yesterday and since reinstalling Ephinea my screen is offset at the bottom slightly (OCD nightmare...)

I've tried accessing the 'More' section in 'Options' on the initial loading screen, but I'm getting the errors below, first the one on the left, followed by the one on the right. Any suggestions?

Edit: I have reinstalled multiple times, same error occurs.

Errors.png

Last edited:
Had to do a fresh install of Windows yesterday and since reinstalling Ephinea my screen is offset at the bottom slightly (OCD nightmare...)

I've tried accessing the 'More' section in 'Options' on the initial loading screen, but I'm getting the errors below, first the one on the left, followed by the one on the right. Any suggestions?

Edit: I have reinstalled multiple times, same error occurs.

View attachment 17708
So, as the readme.txt file that comes with the game, which installs itself as a Start Menu shortcut and also a desktop shortcut, explains:

1. Make sure the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributables are installed on your system.

You can download both the x86 and x64 redistriibutables from these links:

Quick Q:
What level should I be, and how much of the single player content should I complete, before venturing into multiplayer? I don't wanna be the person who turns up unready.

Before Ultimate, it doesn't really matter. People there are either focusing on levelling really fast (so it doesn't matter too much what you're doing), or just chilling by playing some levels and seeing what there is, so they're not gonna care what you're doing.

And the in Ultimate, the answer is also that it depends. Your material builds, mags and equipment matter a lot more than your level, so a good test would be to see how much you struggle in certain single player content and see if you feel comfortable tackling things yourself. As long as you feel you're alright by yourself, you'll be alright in multiplayer.

Hello, new to server, and looking for a little quick Q/A help. I've played a significant amount of PSO 1&2 on GC, but know nothing of the extra content and items available through Ephinea. If I'm unsure whether I'll have the energy to level more than one character, what ID would folks recommend for most access to quality gear/weapons for Ranger (RAmar or RAmarl)? Just don't want to hamstring myself by picking an ID that's not really compatible. Thanks in advance for the help!

Hello, new to server, and looking for a little quick Q/A help. I've played a significant amount of PSO 1&2 on GC, but know nothing of the extra content and items available through Ephinea. If I'm unsure whether I'll have the energy to level more than one character, what ID would folks recommend for most access to quality gear/weapons for Ranger (RAmar or RAmarl)? Just don't want to hamstring myself by picking an ID that's not really compatible. Thanks in advance for the help!
Generally youre going to want an ID that allows you to hunt an uber for the class your are playing. Only a few ubers are super relevant luckily:

HU: Excaliber (Lots of IDs and hunts for this, practically half of the chart. Only HU and possibly FO really needs it since S beats arms is almost always faster for killing lizards with RA in ep 4 and much more easily accesible with hit)
RA: Heaven’s Striker (Green, Red, Purple IDs: Green and red are practically the same and purple is a rare mob hunt so that means basically only hunting it one week outve the month)
FO: Psychowand (Purple, Blue, purple is probably the best option for this but it is also a rare mob hunt but luckily a pretty easy one to spam)

Honorable mentions:
TJS (HU, Sky: More of a flex than anything).
Heavens Punisher (RA, Blue, Sky, Purp: has some uses but they are extremely niche
FO: Pretty much only really needs psycho wand

Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
Are you going to go mostly self found or are you also aiming to trade with other dudes? Better yet, you have the energy to put enough time in long term hunts (like post-level 200)?

Generally youre going to want an ID that allows you to hunt an uber for the class your are playing. Only a few ubers are super relevant luckily:

HU: Excaliber (Lots of IDs and hunts for this, practically half of the chart. Only HU and possibly FO really needs it since S beats arms is almost always faster for killing lizards with RA in ep 4 and much more easily accesible with hit)
RA: Heaven’s Striker (Green, Red, Purple IDs: Green and red are practically the same and purple is a rare mob hunt so that means basically only hunting it one week outve the month)
FO: Psychowand (Purple, Blue, purple is probably the best option for this but it is also a rare mob hunt but luckily a pretty easy one to spam)

Honorable mentions:
TJS (HU, Sky: More of a flex than anything).
Heavens Punisher (RA, Blue, Sky, Purp: has some uses but they are extremely niche
FO: Pretty much only really needs psycho wand

Happy Hunting!

Are you going to go mostly self found or are you also aiming to trade with other dudes? Better yet, you have the energy to put enough time in long term hunts (like post-level 200)?

Thanks for the response to you both!

RazakelKairo: I am fine trading with people, but it would be fun to have some Uber items on my ID's loot table that I might otherwise be unable to trade for. If someone asked me the same question for Gamecube version I've played before, I might say that Purplenum would be fun because they're the only ID I think that can get Yas 9k; I might also recommend Whitill since they can get both Guld and Milla. Having no idea how the game/items/armor/weapons have changed with addition of EP 4, just looking for a similar recommendation if that makes sense.

Thanks for the response to you both!

RazakelKairo: I am fine trading with people, but it would be fun to have some Uber items on my ID's loot table that I might otherwise be unable to trade for. If someone asked me the same question for Gamecube version I've played before, I might say that Purplenum would be fun because they're the only ID I think that can get Yas 9k; I might also recommend Whitill since they can get both Guld and Milla. Having no idea how the game/items/armor/weapons have changed with addition of EP 4, just looking for a similar recommendation if that makes sense.
Yeah a lot of the drop charts is changed around this time and EP4 is no exception, but a lot of the same ideals are still there. Purple is still definitely the mechgun ID (including Yask's), and Whitill still gets both Milla&Guld (though Milla is relatively way easier to get now because BPD-quest exists).

Because you're looking to play RAmar/RAmarl and not against trading, I can value some recommendations:

Greenill might not be the strongest in all areas respectively after awhile, but its actually really nice as a first ID because it gets you most of the great units and RA specific weapon hunts (V101, V502, also has a Guld hunt, Frozen Shooters and Dress Plate is near BIS for RAmar). It also gets Heaven Striker, which is a very good hunt both short-term and long-term.

Purplenum is in a somewhat similar boat but finds more things off-class. Its still good, still gives Frozen Shooters, Dress Plate, and fares better on the mechgun side of things (getting good Vulcans or Vise's is a godsend for any class, RA included), but besides maybe Heaven Punisher most other hunts are geared towards HU or FO. Its a very good ID for that however with a lot of high-value hunts, and it also has Heaven Striker (although on a boss-drop)

Yellowboze is an contender that might be more niche in comparison to those two, but the fact it has good ratios on Daylight Scars and Lame D' Argents have to be mentioned. Imo though? I'd just tag with other people because Lame's get hunt by literally everyone ever.

Whitill is an ID you literally cannot really go wrong with. There's no area where Whitill doesn't get a drop that can at least sell, and it gets Frozen Shooters, Guld, Milla, V502 and quite frankly Slicer of Fanatic isn't bad either for your class. But you'll also get a lot of "filler" that may be worth something or useful for other classes, but ultimately isn't something you may want yourself.

I put Greenill on top for a reason just for the fact that it's basically the ID that seems most fitting to what you're looking for, and everything you may find twice sell so well that you can trade for other things. But I still recommend looking at the charts to see for yourself on where your priorities are. Hopefully that will give you some ideas though.

Yeah a lot of the drop charts is changed around this time and EP4 is no exception, but a lot of the same ideals are still there. Purple is still definitely the mechgun ID (including Yask's), and Whitill still gets both Milla&Guld (though Milla is relatively way easier to get now because BPD-quest exists).

Because you're looking to play RAmar/RAmarl and not against trading, I can value some recommendations:

Greenill might not be the strongest in all areas respectively after awhile, but its actually really nice as a first ID because it gets you most of the great units and RA specific weapon hunts (V101, V502, also has a Guld hunt, Frozen Shooters and Dress Plate is near BIS for RAmar). It also gets Heaven Striker, which is a very good hunt both short-term and long-term.

Purplenum is in a somewhat similar boat but finds more things off-class. Its still good, still gives Frozen Shooters, Dress Plate, and fares better on the mechgun side of things (getting good Vulcans or Vise's is a godsend for any class, RA included), but besides maybe Heaven Punisher most other hunts are geared towards HU or FO. Its a very good ID for that however with a lot of high-value hunts, and it also has Heaven Striker (although on a boss-drop)

Yellowboze is an contender that might be more niche in comparison to those two, but the fact it has good ratios on Daylight Scars and Lame D' Argents have to be mentioned. Imo though? I'd just tag with other people because Lame's get hunt by literally everyone ever.

Whitill is an ID you literally cannot really go wrong with. There's no area where Whitill doesn't get a drop that can at least sell, and it gets Frozen Shooters, Guld, Milla, V502 and quite frankly Slicer of Fanatic isn't bad either for your class. But you'll also get a lot of "filler" that may be worth something or useful for other classes, but ultimately isn't something you may want yourself.

I put Greenill on top for a reason just for the fact that it's basically the ID that seems most fitting to what you're looking for, and everything you may find twice sell so well that you can trade for other things. But I still recommend looking at the charts to see for yourself on where your priorities are. Hopefully that will give you some ideas though.
Thank you this is great!

Recommended section id for a FOnewm and HUnewearl? Current characters are:
HUcast: Skyly
RAmarl: Purplenum
RAcast: Yellowboze

Last edited:
Recommended section id for a FOnewm and HUnewearl? Current characters are:
HUcast: Skyly
RAmarl: Purplenum
RAcast: Yellowboze

• Redria would be a solid choice for FOnewm to FO in crater + dessert solo or multi (as he is OP in E4 and eventually, you will want to hunt HS/CR for your rangers).
  • HUnewearl is not great at soloing many areas compared to your other classes but she has solo TTF down so having another TTF ID like Possibly Viridia / Greenill / Whitill ---> I would personally White for best DoB ID among other things, or Viridia for L&K38 & Lame.

question, when people make games like "forest MILLA" (an actual game I see right now) and people join are they expected to give that item to the person who made the game if it drops? I assume not but I never have joined one of those games.

another question, I see a lot of games with "res" in the title, does that just mean "reserved" and don't join? or save one spot?

Thanks!

question, when people make games like "forest MILLA" (an actual game I see right now) and people join are they expected to give that item to the person who made the game if it drops? I assume not but I never have joined one of those games.

another question, I see a lot of games with "res" in the title, does that just mean "reserved" and don't join? or save one spot?

Thanks!
No people are just trying to advertise their game by telling you what drops. Helps people who aren't familiar with the drop tables. Also yes res means reserved, usually they will change game name when friends have joined.

Back