Quick question - Quick answer

Can someone tell me about their experience using Snow Queen over Frozen Shooter? The piercing effect appeals to me but I'm afraid to lose my 3 hit combo. Any insight on this would be appreciated before I experiment with my high hit FS

imo, SQ outmodes FS everywhere except for e2 imo where you need to carry it for ill gills, delbiters, sinows and deldepths. It uses hard accuracy for its special and typically gets multiple ATA rolls due to client desync so even without combo capacity it's very accurate as long as you have some hit.

imo, SQ outmodes FS everywhere except for e2 imo where you need to carry it for ill gills, delbiters, sinows and deldepths. It uses hard accuracy for its special and typically gets multiple ATA rolls due to client desync so even without combo capacity it's very accurate as long as you have some hit.
Thanks for the info. Outside of those mobs, there aren't too many that I crowd control with FS (maybe Baranz, Belras in Ep1). That makes me think it might not be worth the 50 PDs for the Photon Booster, but I'd love to be talked into it.

Can someone explain to me why is the gifoie merge is so much more valuable is gifoie considered the best spell, because I was just going to make a red merge.

Can someone explain to me why is the gifoie merge is so much more valuable is gifoie considered the best spell, because I was just going to make a red merge.
Yes, Gifoie is considered to be the best/most versatile spell.

To put it into perspective, you can look at the techniques table of the price guide on the wiki or in the Auction subforum. Technique disks for the Gifoie Lv30 spell easily can go for over 2 PH in value, while every other Lv30 technique disk cap at 1.8PH or less. (unless you get a bidding war)

A major reason for this is that Gifoie's effective damage period is way longer than that of any other technique. This comes in handy because you can set up a wave of Gifoie in a new area/room before the 1st wave of monsters spawn there, effectively preemptively damaging the incoming monsters. Also, because of Gifoie's longer effective damage period, you can set off multiple waves of Gifoie to rack the damage up, while giving the other players whose classes are less effective at spells more time to inflict more punishment while enemies are still following being damaged.

I hope this answers the question.

Also, if I've missed some or all of the point, can someone else also give their input as well?

Yes, Gifoie is considered to be the best/most versatile spell.

To put it into perspective, you can look at the techniques table of the price guide on the wiki or in the Auction subforum. Technique disks for the Gifoie Lv30 spell easily can go for over 2 PH in value, while every other Lv30 technique disk cap at 1.8PH or less. (unless you get a bidding war)

A major reason for this is that Gifoie's effective damage period is way longer than that of any other technique. This comes in handy because you can set up a wave of Gifoie in a new area/room before the 1st wave of monsters spawn there, effectively preemptively damaging the incoming monsters. Also, because of Gifoie's longer effective damage period, you can set off multiple waves of Gifoie to rack the damage up, while giving the other players whose classes are less effective at spells more time to inflict more punishment while enemies are still following being damaged.

I hope this answers the question.

Also, if I've missed some or all of the point, can someone else also give their input as well?
Thanks that answered it for me, should I make a gifoie merge instead of the red merge?

Thanks that answered it for me, should I make a gifoie merge instead of the red merge?
Gifoie Merge will give you an additional 10% damage on gif over the red merge, but will cost significantly more pds to do so. If 8 - 10 pd for the amp and 4 - 5pd for the barrier are no big deal, you should go with the Gif merge. If not, red merge is still very much usable and about half as expensive.

Gifoie Merge will give you an additional 10% damage on gif over the red merge, but will cost significantly more pds to do so. If 8 - 10 pd for the amp and 4 - 5pd for the barrier are no big deal, you should go with the Gif merge. If not, red merge is still very much usable and about half as expensive.
thanks for the info.

is there anybody that has access to or is willing to make a step-by-step mag making chart? whether it be basic lvl 200 mags or ones that require special treament? I and many others would be grateful for anything you all have thank you

Has the mat limit been removed on this server? my character has used over 150 mats.
Humans can use 250 total mats, whereas Newmans and Casts can only use 150. Bear in mind this only counts Power, Defense, Mind, Evade, and Luck. HP and TP materials have their own separate counters of 125.

is there anybody that has access to or is willing to make a step-by-step mag making chart? whether it be basic lvl 200 mags or ones that require special treament? I and many others would be grateful for anything you all have thank you
There are a lot of different mags to make. If there's one specific mag you want I can tell you how to make it, but making a full guide would not be a "quick answer".

I have a few questions 1. why is the NUG2000 so valuable when it has lower stats than the cannon rouge in everything. 2. why does fonewm get 3 armors all to himself mothers garb, mothers garb+ and smoke plate the mothers garb would be great for all forces but they get screwed out of it for no reason. 3. why is a 50% hit dark flow worth more than a 60%. 4. Why are damage traps so awful they literally do no damage. 5. why does the real DB saber and flowen sword not get the buff from the armor.

1. Nug is not valuable, it's just super rare on the drop charts but its value is low.
2. Sega
3. it isn't, it is because 50h as a restless lion calibur is the base for a starter DF (RL being 50 in 3%'s). The damage of the 50% attributes is worth more than the 60hit with clean stats (ofc if you found a 60h with higher stats also, that would be worth more). Above 60h even if clean becomes pricey because the hit is making a significant difference in most cases at that point. Most people like the 70-80+ area.
4. Damage traps are a very good trap when you know how to use them. Sure using one for damage can often suck especially since they are fire based and you probably use it on enemies with high EFR. If your trying to do damage with them you need to stack multiple of them on fire weak enemies (the lower the difficulty the better this is but it can still do some damage in ult, if you're a cast killing a group of lizards putting up some DT can help the process.) Also, they have many uses outside of actually doing damage, such as stopping enemy charging/dives, KO slime spawn spots, staggering enemies so they don't attack you while you hit another group and so on.
5. Yes it is the replicas that get the boost. Again the answer is ''sega''.

1. Nug is not valuable, it's just super rare on the drop charts but its value is low.
2. Sega
3. it isn't, it is because 50h as a restless lion calibur is the base for a starter DF (RL being 50 in 3%'s). The damage of the 50% attributes is worth more than the 60hit with clean stats (ofc if you found a 60h with higher stats also, that would be worth more). Above 60h even if clean becomes pricey because the hit is making a significant difference in most cases at that point. Most people like the 70-80+ area.
4. Damage traps are a very good trap when you know how to use them. Sure using one for damage can often suck especially since they are fire based and you probably use it on enemies with high EFR. If your trying to do damage with them you need to stack multiple of them on fire weak enemies (the lower the difficulty the better this is but it can still do some damage in ult, if you're a cast killing a group of lizards putting up some DT can help the process.) Also, they have many uses outside of actually doing damage, such as stopping enemy charging/dives, KO slime spawn spots, staggering enemies so they don't attack you while you hit another group and so on.
5. Yes it is the replicas that get the boost. Again the answer is ''sega''.
Ok I would say that there is no reason why number 2 and number 5 could have been fixed because this is not a vanilla psobb anyway why not fix the mistakes and bad game design that sega did. Make psobb the best version it can be. Also traps are still bad because you get so few and their damage is still awful.

I mean that would be down to the moderation if they decided to change anything. Changing how gear works directly affecting gameplay is one of the big things the community tend to be against. Yes, ephinea is not vanilla, but they try to stay true to that for the most part, vanilla with sprinkles. Also what the ''best it can be'' is also very subjective.

I'm mostly against changing equipment unless there's a good reason like if it somehow weren't equippable by anyone or something stupid like that. But like, for stuff like Mother Garb, the other FOs aren't really missing much. Honestly it's best to use either a boost of your most commonly used element by 10% or Lieutenant Mantle or Sweetheart or some frame that at least does something. Mother garb is extra mana but I virtually never run out anyways so it's really not that big of a deal to me. I doubt I'd use any of the 3 FOnewm exclusives on anyone else even if I could anyways.

Also traps are still bad because you get so few and their damage is still awful.
You get 20 at max level, some classes get a lot early. That's often plenty for most quests.
As Spuz mentioned, there's a lot of usage you can get out of DTs outside of damage (which are nothing to scoff at, the utility is great), but there's instances where the damage can matter. To name a few examples, you can kill Delbiters in solo with a single DF swing and a DT. In solo Mines you can kill a large group of Canabins with just 3 DTs (combine with Twin Blaze to proc them) and do impressive damage on Gillchichs (especially potent on HUcl/RAcl who may want the extra damage, and even outside TA, speed is often key in Mines to get you through spawns painlessly). Lizards are impeccably much easier/faster to deal with the extra damage the trap gives in both solo and multi. Honestly, I can go on.

The power of damage traps lies in how you use them.

The complete beginner example:
Oops, I thought they were useless so I forgot to use any almost all quest. Now all that's left is that groups of dorphons at the end of MAE: Crater so I'll just set a couple as they're about to spawn to get in a tiny bit of extra damage. And then proceed to demon's needle them to the point where the original damage was almost completely irrelevant so it felt like the traps hardly did anything.

Good examples, well see all of the above, but there are more. Such as putting them above rappies and then when you walk away they all get hit and drop items.

And of course there is all the in-betweens as well. So how useful they are to you can be anywhere in this range based on how well you make use of them.

Are there any mods to change the font in game? I've added a bunch to make the game look better, however its just the font that's left now as it looks pretty pixelated.

Thanks in advance! :)

Back