Quick question - Quick answer

my mag is currently lvl 41 and i am currently lvl 75. I'm putting all dex into mag. skills my mag be higher lvl? also what r the benifits of mags? i am a ranger.

Some mag info here:
http://wiki.pioneer2.net/index.php?title=Mags

Mags can do three things:
  1. Directly boost your character's stats (up to their class maximum).
  2. Give you boosts when certain triggers (you fall below 1/10th HP, enter a boss room, or mag PB bar fills to 100) are tripped. Boosts include short-term invincibility, a heal, or a Shift/Deband buff.
  3. Launch a PB (photon blast). The PB bar fills up to 100 as you deal and receive damage. At 100 you can unleash a PB. Your mag will learn various types of PBs (up to 3) while leveling, depending on what stats it is raised with and by what character. PBs can either damage enemies, heal you, or buff you (shifta and deband).
For now you should just focus on leveling up your mag as much as possible to boost your character stats. You should focus on POW and DEX, which increase ATP (damage done) and ATA (accuracy) respectively. DEF and MIND are somewhat useless for a Ranger so it's not very efficient to level those up on your mag. Generally speaking you want your ATA to be at or close to your class's maximum ATA at all times in Ultimate, as it's pretty hard to hit enemies there without high ATA.

@XiCwoodXi sells affordable level 200 (max) mags and can give you some great advice on what is best for you, check out his thread here:

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/...-rati-kama-and-many-other-mags-for-sale.7697/

Some mag info here:
http://wiki.pioneer2.net/index.php?title=Mags

Mags can do three things:
  1. Directly boost your character's stats (up to their class maximum).
  2. Give you boosts when certain triggers (you fall below 1/10th HP, enter a boss room, or mag PB bar fills to 100) are tripped. Boosts include short-term invincibility, a heal, or a Shift/Deband buff.
  3. Launch a PB (photon blast). The PB bar fills up to 100 as you deal and receive damage. At 100 you can unleash a PB. Your mag will learn various types of PBs (up to 3) while leveling, depending on what stats it is raised with and by what character. PBs can either damage enemies, heal you, or buff you (shifta and deband).
For now you should just focus on leveling up your mag as much as possible to boost your character stats. You should focus on POW and DEX, which increase ATP (damage done) and ATA (accuracy) respectively. DEF and MIND are somewhat useless for a Ranger so it's not very efficient to level those up on your mag. Generally speaking you want your ATA to be at or close to your class's maximum ATA at all times in Ultimate, as it's pretty hard to hit enemies there without high ATA.

@XiCwoodXi sells affordable level 200 (max) mags and can give you some great advice on what is best for you, check out his thread here:

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/...-rati-kama-and-many-other-mags-for-sale.7697/
wow some great info on mags. i had no idea they were so complex

a player just informed me that i can only consume so many boosting materials. i have been gobbling up every mat I've found. is my char ruined? is there a way to reset stats?

i am a ramar(ranger) lvl 76
here is what I've put in so far:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-04-21-42-15~2.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-04-21-42-15~2.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 15
@ryacca You can reset your mat, while in the lobby, by typing /matreset it will then ask you a confirmation and you gotta type /matreset again. This will not reset your HP/TP mats counts though. (this is separate from stat mats)

Last edited:
ty. did u see my attachment? maybe it's not as bad as i thought?
As a human character you can use 250 stats materials, you've only used 31 so i'm pretty sure you don't need to reset.

Is there any way to use that empty number row at the bottom of the screen? I play with a controller. How do I assign and use that row of numbers, though?

Is there any way to use that empty number row at the bottom of the screen? I play with a controller. How do I assign and use that row of numbers, though?
Open the menu and select "Customize" then select one of the action with Enter which will bring up the action list, if you highlight "Monomate", for example, and press the 1 key on your keyboard it will assign monomate to 1. I don't think you can assign those to the controller without the help of a 3rd party program, I think. I didn't try myself.

you can still max at 200 having eaten those, but you'd be a lot better served by resetting and only eating powers/lucks from that point on. going for the max stat build while leveling slows your progress way, way down vs. maxing the important stuff first (ata,pow). don't worry too much about the cost—you've only used about 2-3 pds worth of mats, and you won't even notice a difference really when playing. it'll get a lot more expensive if you wait longer to reset, too.

if you don't care about maxing as early as possible though, you could just do lucks/pows from now on and not bother resetting. not that big of a deal

two builds below:

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/definitive-material-plan-guide.6706/

you can still max at 200 having eaten those, but you'd be a lot better served by resetting and only eating powers/lucks from that point on. going for the max stat build while leveling slows your progress way, way down vs. maxing the important stuff first (ata,pow). don't worry too much about the cost—you've only used about 2-3 pds worth of mats, and you won't even notice a difference really when playing. it'll get a lot more expensive if you wait longer to reset, too.

if you don't care about maxing as early as possible though, you could just do lucks/pows from now on and not bother resetting. not that big of a deal

two builds below:

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/definitive-material-plan-guide.6706/

ty i will probably just leave it alone and just consume pow lucks as u suggested.

Back