Quick question - Quick answer

Is there any sort of etiquette for joining the voice chat on the Discord server? Wouldn't wanna fifth wheel people when they're trying to play games or anything.

If people are in the challenge mode channel often they are concentrating on cmode so going in there and talking a lot can be distracting/an annoyance; But generally, as long as you are polite and not screaming or something it's fine. For the other channels it's just usually people chilling/gaming and as long as you be polite and follow the standard etiquette of how you talk to people in real life, then join and chill, no need to stress. If you're shy at first you can even join with no mic and just use the text channel in the voice chat, people may just not always see this straightaway as there is no notification and they may be looking at other discord things. I usually avoid voice channels and especially with many people, and within public discord to boot, can defo look unappealing and scary; but I spent most of this easter month in the public VC and everyone has been super nice and chill, just so relaxed and just had a good time. Sometimes when it's busy it can be hard to get a word in as people sometimes end up talking over each other but if it becomes too much people often split up into other channels for games and such. You're always free to hop in and hop out as you wish and the peeps there will welcome you.

Hello! I'm a pseudo-returning player (as in, the last time I played was nearly a decade ago and even then I never got past level 100) who got back into PSOBB as of last month. I've been playing it with my partner and we've both been having a blast. Currently on a HUcast (the only class I really have experience playing), and my question is: is there a level of DEX I should be having on my mag?

I followed the basic guide on the wiki to get to my fourth stage (though, in hindsight, I probably should have gone for Nidra instead of Rati, but I guess I can always make an alt for that) and am now in the phase where I just...add numbers to it. I know that hit% is really important for late game (which I never got to back on Ultima), but is there any sort of ballpark estimate on how much DEX I need? Do I stay at 50? Do I go higher? Accuracy rates are still confusing to me.

Hello! I'm a pseudo-returning player (as in, the last time I played was nearly a decade ago and even then I never got past level 100) who got back into PSOBB as of last month. I've been playing it with my partner and we've both been having a blast. Currently on a HUcast (the only class I really have experience playing), and my question is: is there a level of DEX I should be having on my mag?

I followed the basic guide on the wiki to get to my fourth stage (though, in hindsight, I probably should have gone for Nidra instead of Rati, but I guess I can always make an alt for that) and am now in the phase where I just...add numbers to it. I know that hit% is really important for late game (which I never got to back on Ultima), but is there any sort of ballpark estimate on how much DEX I need? Do I stay at 50? Do I go higher? Accuracy rates are still confusing to me.
The stats you want on your mag are 5/133/62/0.
There is also a very good guide for Hucast following this link.

Just started a RAmar, any links on info (equips, materials, mag, etc)?

I hate to be the guy to ask this kind of question, but are we completely sure that you can get Three Seals from the 1000 Meseta gamble on Monday/Saturday? I've tried about 1300 times, and the likelihood of not getting one is getting a bit comical. XD Not mad, just like... I'd feel dumb if I didn't ask and it turned out that it was moved to only be on the 10,000 gamble, y'know?

You absolutely can, people have gotten it a lot.

Just to be sure though - the day of the week is based off UTC; I don't know your timezone but make sure it's the right day judging from UTC.

If your unsure what time UTC is also don't forget you can type /time in-game, this will be the UTC time the sever stuff is based on.

Aye. I've definitely been trying on the correct days - I've gotten every other 1000 meseta prize multiple times, and they match the Monday/Saturday prizes. XD I guess I'm just super unlucky. Thanks for the response, guys.

Is it possible to remove bindings for controllers in game? I'd like to totally unbind a few buttons because I'm using them for other programs.
Also I saw somewhere that it's possible to bring up a big map using ctrl+M. I'd like to bind this to my controller but It doesn't seem to do anything for me. Using /map works fine.

Is it possible to remove bindings for controllers in game? I'd like to totally unbind a few buttons because I'm using them for other programs.
Also I saw somewhere that it's possible to bring up a big map using ctrl+M. I'd like to bind this to my controller but It doesn't seem to do anything for me. Using /map works fine.

Not all functions can have no button, but some can. But if you use Input Map from https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/solys-stash.1001/ you can do stuff like set no function and Button 16 to a function (where your gamepad may only have 14 pad buttons so essentially is nothing) and stuff like this.

And for ctrl+m to work as well as/map you need to first type /shortcuts on that character.

Hi I have a question, I need to clear tier 1 missions to unlock more for a NPC to appear that can make weapons, Do I need to do this missions in solo mode?

Is Rianov-5 really a useful piece of equipment for Rangers?

I mean, I know it has a reputation for being decent, but that seems to be a throwback from servers where it could combo.

On this server it's listed on the wiki as a recommended piece of equiment for Rangers, and yet I have never seen anyone actually use it (in any meaningful way). I mean realistically what situations would it actually be useful for (if any)?

Ranger inventory real estate is valuable, as we already need to carry a LOT of toys. Is R5 really worth the inventory space in any situations?
And if not then maybe lets remove the recommendation from the wiki?

Last edited:
Is Rianov-5 really a useful piece of equipment for Rangers?

I mean, I know it has a reputation for being decent, but that seems to be a throwback from servers where it could combo.

On this server it's listed on the wiki as a recommended piece of equiment for Rangers, and yet I have never seen anyone actually use it (in any meaningful way). I mean realistically what situations would it actually be useful for (if any)?

Ranger inventory real estate is valuable, as we already need to carry a LOT of toys. Is R5 really worth the inventory space in any situations?
And if not then maybe lets remove the recommendation from the wiki?

No. "Someone" added it in 2022 without any actual reasoning/input.

Orotiagito has a legitimate purpose and it isn't listed as recommended equipment for a HUmar, so I removed it.

Im trying Force now but i don't know how to feed the mag/Vritra, yes I checked the mag feeding guide but I can't find what I need to level MIND only because almost all the items level up something else.

Last edited:
No. "Someone" added it in 2022 without any actual reasoning/input.

Orotiagito has a legitimate purpose and it isn't listed as recommended equipment for a HUmar, so I removed it.
“Someone” here (is it just me or is referring to someone as “someone” in quotations extremely rude?). It has niche uses on the worm bosses and it can activate the ricochet glitch. It is easier to find than a hit lame and it doesnt really need hit, since its so easy to find you can easily find it with other percents as well. It also does a ton of damage and it ones of the most boosted weapons by Sweetheart due to its insane atp base stat.

I would post calcs but psostats does not have rianov in its calculator but i have confirmed using SB mode that R-5 is faster than using lame on wyrm bosses for RA. If you were to sphere one it does a similar amount of damage as a sphered berserk arms with the benefit of no limit to the number of enemies it can damage. It can do about 3 attacks in the time it takes to do a full arms combo. However using it overall takes some level of skill. It can also be used as a “ghetto hell needle” if you dont have one yet.

Ultimately it is certainly fun to use (lining up enemies or trying to do the ricochet glitch is fun an rewarding) and worth mentioning while also having the stats to back it up in certain scenarios. Who knew that adding a weapon to a list of weapons required reasoning in a game with 5 usable weapons. Next time i try to add any weapon to a list of usable weapons i will make SURE it includes a paragraph explaining why its usable. The more you know!

Last edited:
Next time i try to add any weapon to a list of usable weapons i will make SURE it includes a paragraph explaining why its usable. The more you know!
That list is for recommended equipment. Not debatably "usable" equipment.

Last edited:
The Wiki shows who made the edit, but I didn't want to specifically name a person, so...

The SNR-5 has less uses than Orotiagito so there is really no reason to include list it as 'recommended.' Can't really say Orotiagito is something a general hunter needs to lug around so it makes sense that isn't listed either.

I also don't think SNR-5 outperforming Excalibur is true in all scenarios but I don't want to crunch numbers. Ramer is the only character that can actually get Hard attack off 100% of the time without hit in multimode, while Excal can do NHS 100% of the time on all rangers, no hit (or even RA wall) necessary.

Back