Quick question - Quick answer

You can find such information, but the general rule is that if the enemy is dangerous enough that blocking its attacks would be useful, it has enough ATA that you can't block its attacks reliably (or ever), and thus EVP is useless.

Does anybody think it would be alright if I posted pictures of my Gamecube accomplishments/findings in that picture thread? There's not a Gamecube section but GCN & Ephinea are very identical to one another in the respect that they're both vanilla PSO. Does anybody think anyone would object?
Probably, Ephinea and GC are actually quite different since we have different drop tables, gear, character balance and whatnot (due to what BB added and modified), and the forums are meant to be for what people do on Ephinea specifically.

Advice on how to cope with Ult Seabed with a 113 RAmar? The only weapons that really make a dint are Charge specials and Baranz Launcher. I'm not planning on doing Olga, but I enjoy Seabeds and there are some good items I would like! Am I too under levelled?

You are a bit low level for Seabed but a lot of that can be sidestepped with hell weapons.

Using hell weapons with V501/502 is very effective there for most enemies, for the rest (Delibiters, blue sinnows, the other blue guys that I can’t remember the name of) Use a frozen shooter to immobilize and drop their evasion so you can unload with your charge weapons.

I really recommend saving up for something like a Hell Needle S-rank and V502 if you want to farm Ep2 effectively

Probably, Ephinea and GC are actually quite different since we have different drop tables, gear, character balance and whatnot (due to what BB added and modified), and the forums are meant to be for what people do on Ephinea specifically.
I understand about the forum stuff but BB didn't really add very much in terms of content to PSO and change much balance. The vanilla drop tables for BB are the exact same as the GCN ones with the addition of whatever is in Episode 4 and a few items that were added into Episodes I & II. In fact, a lot of the items from Episode 4 are already in the code for GCN PSO they just weren't used.
So, as far as the base game goes, not including Ep.4, BB and GCN vanilla are pretty much the same with very few exceptions.

We have the information on our wiki, e.g. http://wiki.pioneer2.net/index.php?title=Booma. We don't have one central page though, the closest thing being certain template pages, e.g. http://wiki.pioneer2.net/index.php?title=Template:Uataon&action=edit
I found by diiging when i got home, this table http://universps.online.fr/pso/bb/monstres/forest.php .
This gave me a rough idea of what i was after.
Though i wasnt sure if it was up to date and/or this server, the template page you linked me seems to match it, for Ult/online.
This will be very nice and interesting to work with this, Thanks a lot Melirei :)

I know this is probably the most stupid question ever, but to save me doing the quest again and selecting the wrong choice, how do I keep my Rappy's Egg and get Photon Tickets in Gallon's Plan?
Alicia is a hoe.

You don't. If you hand over the egg to her, she'll give you a different egg that will satisfy the quest, and allow you to get the photon tickets.

what is the formula for charge/berzerk/spirit =

A. (base dmg + att% + grinder) * multi
B. (base dmg * multi) + att% + grinder
C. ((base dmg + grinder) * multi) + att%
D. none of the above

Of the 2 I would say BKB.
All you need is a good ranged weapon and a sword after that. As always with HUct the weapon with more ATA is probably the best choice.

Of course, the best weapon for any situation is variable depending on lots of things. I'm not an expert or I would try to outline a few examples.

Last edited:
So, add-on advantage question: I'm hunting a Thirteen and Rambling May from Mil Lily and Love Rappy in EP2. I keep refreshing a new game as soon as I warp into the Temple because due to the way Temple spawns, the bulk of the monsters appear in the Monster Reader. This is saving me a bunch of time piling through enemies, but...is it not kind of cheating? Or do rare enemies get refreshed when they physically spawn before the player?

Ahh thank you! Well, no, not bulk of the monsters. But 7 lilies every 60 seconds is a very quick way of hunting.

what is the formula for charge/berzerk/spirit =

A. (base dmg + att% + grinder) * multi
B. (base dmg * multi) + att% + grinder
C. ((base dmg + grinder) * multi) + att%
D. none of the above
Copied from Azure PSO and and corrected:
Damage formula:
[(ATP - DFP)/5] x 0.9 = Weak/Base
Heavy: Base x 1.89
Sacrifice: Base x 3.32
Vjaya: Base x 5.56
Critical: Result x 1.5

To factor in Shifta and Weapon Attribute %:

(Maximum ATP; highest damage)
ATP = [BA x (Shifta + 1.0)] + [(MWA + Grind x 2) x (ATR + 1.0)] + [(MA - MinA) x Shifta] + AA + SA

(Minimum ATP; lowest damage)
ATP = [BA x (Shifta + 1.0)] + [(MWA + Grind x 2) x (ATR + 1.0)] + AA + SA
  • BA: Base ATP
  • MA: Maximum ATP (According to Ives, character base ATP is actually varied so this is not just MWA)
  • MWA: Maximum Weapon ATP
  • ATR: Weapon Attribute %
  • MinA: Minimum ATP (Similar to the reasons for MA, this is not just MinWA)
  • MinWA: Minimum Weapon ATP
  • AA: Armor ATP
  • SA: Shield ATP
DFP = TD x (1.0 - Zalure)
  • TD: Target DFP

For example, assuming we have a berserk weapon with 900~900 fixed ATP and +50 grinds and 40% in Native, our character has 800 ATP with Shifta level 30 and let's ignore character atp variance for now. e.g.

ATP = (800*(0.477+1)) + (900 + 50 x 2) x (0.40 + 1) = 1181.6 + 1000 x 1.4 = 1181.6 + 1400 = 2581.6

Suppose our target has 800 DFP and is under Zalure 30:

DFP = 800*(1-0.477) = 418.4

Base damage = [(ATP-DFP)/5] x 0.9 = [(2581.6-418.4)/5] x 0.9 = 389.376
Sacrificial damage = Base x 3.32 = 389.376 x 3.32 = 1292.72832

There's rounding somewhere but that should be very close to the damage values in game.

I wanted advice on weapons for hucast. and better a srank jcutter hell or a black king bar?

As they serve different purposes, optimally you would have both, although there are competing options for BKB.

Hell J-Cutter is very good for clearing masses of weak enemies in Spaceship, CCA, and Seabed. It's also very good if there are many recoboxes in Tower.

As Charge Vulcan is the overall best single target damage weapon for HUcast, BKB is usually used to complement Charge Vulcan, where it's used against high DFP enemies or high EVP enemies when there's no high level Shifta/Zalure available. The way this works is that it's easier to hit with BKB and Charge Vulcan deals less damage if (ATP-DFP) is not high. Competing options for BKB includes Jizai, Daylight Scar, and other lower ATP Double Sabers and Twin Swords.

So, for reals, would it ever be considered to modify the Mag requirements for Heart of Chao so you could have a regular 5/150/45/0 or 5/0/45/150 etc. Mag? Chao is so pretty, but you can't use it because, well why would anyone want a Mag with stats like that...

Back