Quick question - Quick answer

A character can not go over its max stats. Having more mats and pow on a mag will mean at earlier levels you will be more powerful and max earlier. But once you are max, that's it.

I personally ignore DFP/EVP and max ata/atp/Luck/Mind and use extra for early lvls/maxing stats earlier (I feel it's efficient). If i have spare after I'm satisfied I'd look into DFP afterwards possibly. But EVP is pretty useless outside of using Estilla and the only reason to follow a max stat plan is if you want your stats to show gold and have that 'complete feel' IMO.

1.) hucast is the 'best' class in game and Ramarl is one of the 'easiest' plus has a support role so both very good choices. I say play both and see what you prefer.

What makes HUcast even considered "best" in the game?

Can i feed a pure mind mag to switch and learn techs earlier on my RAmarl or will that ruin my techs?

A character can not go over its max stats. Having more mats and pow on a mag will mean at earlier levels you will be more powerful and max earlier. But once you are max, that's it.

I personally ignore DFP/EVP and max ata/atp/Luck/Mind and use extra for early lvls/maxing stats earlier (I feel it's efficient). If i have spare after I'm satisfied I'd look into DFP afterwards possibly. But EVP is pretty useless outside of using Estilla and the only reason to follow a max stat plan is if you want your stats to show gold and have that 'complete feel' IMO.

Most groups can streamroll anything in the game past level 160ish, no matter their stats. You might have the occasional hiccup, like the Ill Gill spam at the end of PW4, but you absoluatly do not have to max your stats to overcome those hurdles. A decent mag, some materials, and a good unit or two are more than enough to get the stats you need to destroy the game.

Can i feed a pure mind mag to switch and learn techs earlier on my RAmarl or will that ruin my techs?

His attack power is insane and his traps give him excellent crowd control ability. If you give him Shifta, he becomes even stronger. Pair him up with a Force or a Ranger with Arrest or Demon's and it's GG for anything in the game.

Hucasts atp is something like 200 atp above the rest. It's insanely op to the point he can solo with no SDJZ needing to be cast. He can use traps for EVP reduction and controlling spawns and sranks for Zalure where needed.His ata may suck but his atp is so broke that it's not even 'too much' off an issue. Just hunt more hit.

Yes, you can do that, just means you'll have higher Techs than you lvl intended thus draining TP fast and using more fluids. But since its Ramarl and not a FO shouldn't be using too many Techs, just support and the odd one. I do this on all chars at lvl 1.

The ATA problem can also be fixed with freeze traps. Freezing (and paralying) decrease an enemy's EVP by 30%, making it much easier to hit most enemies and makes critters with high EVP, like Lizards and Seabed Sinows, much more managable.

So a friend @Zero641 found an SJS with 0/0/10/30. Cg wew.

He was curious if he could tekk it down and sphere another %. I am pretty sure the % is still 'in the weapon' so other %'s are blocked. However being unsure I tested in SB for him.

SJS being a sealed weapon and unable to receive photons from paganini I tested the same stats on a HS. He let me add 30 to native after tekking down to 0.0.0.20 however the dark glitches and went poof. I am assuming this means I was correct in assuming it is still within the weapon and by trying to force it, became broken. Can anyone confirm this or did it just bug out meaning it is possible?

Edit: Discussion in lobby confirmed it's stuck MD Forever and I bugged it out by forcing. But apparently HIT % in BB can be tekked down and removed for another.

Attachments

• PsoBB 2017-02-15 21-52-06-21.png
    PsoBB 2017-02-15 21-52-06-21.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • PsoBB 2017-02-15 21-53-04-15.png
    PsoBB 2017-02-15 21-53-04-15.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • PsoBB 2017-02-15 21-54-37-90.png
    PsoBB 2017-02-15 21-54-37-90.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

He was curious if he could tekk it down and sphere another %. I am pretty sure the % is still 'in the weapon' so other %'s are blocked. However being unsure I tested in SB for him.

SJS being a sealed weapon and unable to receive photons from paganini I tested the same stats on a HS. He let me add 30 to native after tekking down to 0.0.0.20 however the dark glitches and went poof. I am assuming this means I was correct in assuming it is still within the weapon and by trying to force it, became broken. Can anyone confirm this or did it just bug out meaning it is possible?

Edit: Discussion in lobby confirmed it's stuck MD Forever and I bugged it out by forcing. But apparently HIT % in BB can be tekked down and removed for another.
I would test that last point in sandbox mode as well, because that doesn't sound right.
Items tekked down to 0% hit still show hit on the stats page, which might indicate it's still "being used" even tho it's 0.
It should behave similar to the machine you tekked down.

Each percentage on a weapon occupies two bytes. One byte defines the area (00-05 for None/N/A/M/D/H) and one byte defines the value (-128 - +127%). In order to have a percentage show on the weapon's stats, you must have a non-zero area defined, as well as a non-zero percentage value. Tekking down from 5 or 10 to 0 changes the value to 0, but the area is still set as 1-5, and Paganini can only add percents to a new area if there is at least one area byte that's still 0. If a weapon drops with a specific attribute, you can't get rid of it by tekking down to 0. You need to set the area byte to 0, and the Tekker only lets you modify the value byte.

Keep as swag hell sword and never unseal? lel

I'm certainly in no rush to unseal. I think it looks better sealed lol

You should be in a rush.

We're on track to hit 110% this week, which is cutting it really close. We need all the help we can get.

See below:

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/...reporting-valentines-edition.5201/#post-52709
Right now we're on track to reach 110% when the buzzer sounds, which is enough to get 2x EXP for another week, but that's cutting it too close. We gotta pump those numbers up, guys!

65096364.jpg

I would test that last point in sandbox mode as well, because that doesn't sound right.
Items tekked down to 0% hit still show hit on the stats page, which might indicate it's still "being used" even tho it's 0.
It should behave similar to the machine you tekked down.

I have no desire to test hit as I have nothing I want to tekk down. But @Bagarozy said hit value can be tekked down and unused unlike other %.

Example: 10H SJS > 0hit and sphere 2% on TJS.

I have no desire to test hit as I have nothing I want to tekk down. But @Bagarozy said hit value can be tekked down and unused unlike other %.
Example: 10H SJS > 0hit and sphere 2% on TJS.
Not unused but the Hit bar just disappears when you tekk it down to 0%. Mistekked a Yami from 10 to 0% Hit -> banked and looked at it again -> just shows Native-Dark, not Hit. Seemed odd to me since I'm used to seeing the 0% Hit in the GC version.

That's a server bug. It erased your Hit area byte. Hit always shows as long as one area is 5, even if the value associated with that area is 0 (Hit 0% -> 0%).

Back