Quick question - Quick answer

What's the point of being in a Team? I know there was certain bonuses for being in a team on PSO2, like XP or drop boosts. Is there anything like that for PSO, or is it just a social thing?

What's the point of being in a Team? I know there was certain bonuses for being in a team on PSO2, like XP or drop boosts. Is there anything like that for PSO, or is it just a social thing?
You need to be in a team to be able to use the dressing room, and to unlock Point of Disaster, as well as a few other less important things

For a leveling solo RAmarl using V101/ADEPT/ADEPT, what is better for the 4th armor slot, a V801 or another ADEPT?

I'd use v502 for levelling, v801 if you're doing ttf or debuffing

For a leveling solo RAmarl using V101/ADEPT/ADEPT, what is better for the 4th armor slot, a V801 or another ADEPT?

v502 if using hell. v801 if not using hell. Swap in mid-battle to v502 for paralyze when you memorize spawns. You could use a 3rd ADEPT if you're both not using hell and not casting techs (resta). Buuuuut.... I don't find that to be worth it.

There's two things I'm curious about.

1.) Recently I've heard several times in-game that "weapons are more likely to drop with hit in Ruins". As far as I know, this is not the case and there should be a flat 5% chance to get an item with hit. Is this the case or am I absolutely misinformed?

2.) I have also recently heard that Dark Flow uses the ATA of the weapon that is used for conversion as its base ATA (not talking about Hit). Meaning, when using a Sword, for example, the Dark Flow would have lower ATA than using a Calibur. is this true? If so, wow, how did I not know about this all this time.

Thanks!

1.) Recently I've heard several times in-game that "weapons are more likely to drop with hit in Ruins". As far as I know, this is not the case and there should be a flat 5% chance to get an item with hit. Is this the case or am I absolutely misinformed?

A correct statement would be "Weapons with a high amount of hit are more likely to drop in ruins"

eg: You're not going to get a 95 hit Calibur in Forest 1.

2.) I have also recently heard that Dark Flow uses the ATA of the weapon that is used for conversion as its base ATA (not talking about Hit). Meaning, when using a Sword, for example, the Dark Flow would have lower ATA than using a Calibur. is this true? If so, wow, how did I not know about this all this time.

Thanks!

Dark Flow Base ATA is always 50.

The weapon that is used for conversion just changes the level requirement for the conversion to go through.

From PSOW
Hunters only with 971 ATP.
Sword +55 + at least LV100
Gigush +32 + at least LV110
Breaker +18 + at least LV120
Claymore +16 + at least LV130
Calibur +10 + at least LV140

A correct statement would be "Weapons with a high amount of hit are more likely to drop in ruins"

eg: You're not going to get a 95 hit Calibur in Forest 1.

Thanks for the quick reply!

By saying that, do you mean "never" get one, or just very unlikely? Extremely high Hit Froozer, for example, do exist, so you should be able to find high hit stuff, even there.

Thanks for the quick reply!

By saying that, do you mean "never" get one, or just very unlikely? Extremely high Hit Froozer, for example, do exist, so you should be able to find high hit stuff, even there.

Rares might be exempt but I honestly don't have a clue.

Everyone who told me that could also have been wrong.

FYI it's not just ruins, it's the last areas, in general that are better for hit. And not just that, Tech discs, and stuff..etc

Thanks about the DF confirmation, I was relatively certain that this was wrong, but good to hear it.

I always though Hit was 5% all across the board (on Ult), even Ep2 on this server - the original chance for hit there was 1% (3% for Yellowboze), but luckily, this was changed. Maybe - just maybe - more weapons drop in Ruins, making high hit more likely?

All information I find online points towards the chances for hit being the same everywhere. Sadly, though, that one website that had tons of data seems to be offline. Maybe someoe who can take a look at the data can clear things up? =P

Last edited:
There are 6 stat patterns in the .gsl file (or 5... I can't remember if it goes 0-5 or 1-5);

In the areas themselves, the earlier areas will use patterns 2-3, while the later areas use pattern 4. Pattern 2 will have a lower chance of getting a hit high piece of weaponry, and I'm pretty sure it might be impossible to go over 70% (I'd have to double check), but the later areas with pattern 4 can get all the way up to 100 after tekk.

Rares use pattern 5, same table across all areas.

The above patterns are for the likelihood of getting a certain percent number as well, whereas the chance of getting a specific attribute varies on area as well, but it is 5% across all areas here.

There are 6 stat patterns in the .gsl file (or 5... I can't remember if it goes 0-5 or 1-5);

In the areas themselves, the earlier areas will use patterns 2-3, while the later areas use pattern 4. Pattern 2 will have a lower chance of getting a hit high piece of weaponry, and I'm pretty sure it might be impossible to go over 70% (I'd have to double check), but the later areas with pattern 4 can get all the way up to 100 after tekk.

Rares use pattern 5, same table across all areas.

The above patterns are for the likelihood of getting a certain percent number as well, whereas the chance of getting a specific attribute varies on area as well, but it is 5% across all areas here.

Awesome, thanks for the reply! This explains it very well.

I think this is the closest you can get (without using adept or cent/ability.)

Link
FOmar @ LV 200
--------------------------------
Armor: THIRTEEN
Shield: RED RING
Units: V101, V801, SMARTLINK, V502
Mag: 5/117/46/32 @ LV 200
Mats: 0 left
- 65 Def
- 123 Mind
- 34 Evade
- 28 Luck