Question about Ephinea drop table

Kyohei

Heyo, everyone. Kyo here, and I'm back with more annoying questions!

Well, it's actually just one question, and thankfully it won't take 10,000 years to convey what I'm trying to say.

Basically, I'm wondering if the Ephinea drop table on the main page of the website are accurate to the default version of PSOBB. Reason being is I have a friend who likes to play legit solo in solitude and he was wondering if he could use the drop charts from here as an accurate representation of what drops on PSOBB. I figured I'd take the liberty of asking for him since he's mad lazy and probably would never get around to it by himself and end up forgetting about it. Plus this would be kinda cool knowledge to know anyways for future reference for anybody, really.

Thanks for the help in advance~

Edit #1: Already editing 20 seconds later, gg. What I was trying to say was is the drop table for episode 4 accurate. Since I would assume the drop table for Episode 1&2 are the same. But since the drop table on psoworld for episode 4 is blank for every drop, it's kind of hard to tell what is and isn't going to drop.

Alright, that should do it for now, I hope.

Yes, the drop tables are faithful to Sega's PSOBB. The drops and rates for Episodes 1 and 2 are identical to the GC version of PSO and there are no plans to ever change those. For Episode 4, the drops are identical to vanilla PSOBB, but the drop rates were never released and are therefore unknown. Drop rates for Ep4 are very occasionally tweaked, but there are no plans to change the drop chart itself.

I hear that Ep4 drop rates for Sega PSOBB were really low though, much lower than they are here (since people have gotten used to decent drop rates for Ep4 on private servers), but I may need someone to confirm that.

You can post in the Quick question, quick answer thread for, well, quick questions like these. (:

Yes, the drop tables are faithful to Sega's PSOBB. The drops and rates for Episodes 1 and 2 are identical to the GC version of PSO and there are no plans to ever change those. For Episode 4, the drops are identical to vanilla PSOBB, but the drop rates were never released and are therefore unknown. Drop rates for Ep4 are very occasionally tweaked, but there are no plans to change the drop chart itself.

I hear that Ep4 drop rates for Sega PSOBB were really low though, much lower than they are here (since people have gotten used to decent drop rates for Ep4 on private servers), but I may need someone to confirm that.

You can post in the Quick question, quick answer thread for, well, quick questions like these. (:
Shoot, I'm pretty scrubby with forums since I don't go on them that often, but I will definitely go on quick question quick answer in the future! And I really, really appreciate the help, I'll make sure to let the homie know about the drop table news. Thanks so much for you time, friend. ^_^/

They are. They're identical to SEGA's final JP table.

The other servers are using a different table that comes with Teth.

i don`t think the drop tables for episode 4 are the same

I've never played vanilla PSOBB, so I can't speak from experience, but here is Soda's initlal post in the drop chart discussion thread regarding the matter (words in brackets are my own):
For Ephinea, the entirety of Episode 4 has been changed to be more in line with the latest information from the Japanese Wikis.

Since the ItemPT and ItemRT files (game files which have the drop anything rate and rare rates for enemies, respectively) were never available to players for Episode 4 and only hosted on SEGA's server, we had to guesstimate on what the drop rates were for enemies in Episode 4. Because of this, we may revisit the Episode 4 drop rates from time to time.

As far as Episode 1 and 2, the drop chart and rates are an exact copy from Phantasy Star Online on the GameCube with the exception of bosses in Ultimate mode where their drops were modified to be more in line with the last Japanese PsoBB update.

You can view the drop chart at http://ephinea.pioneer2.net/drops.php?secid=0 [old link, broken]

The rate displayed on the Ephinea drop chart factors both the enemy's "Drop anything rate" and their "Rare rate" into the equation, so you're looking at your absolute chance to get that item to drop by defeating that enemy.

Drop chart sources used to create Ephinea's drop chart:

http://wikiwiki.jp/psobb/?EP1%20%A5%A2% ... 5%B9%A5%C8 - JP Wiki

http://www.pso-world.com/downloads/jpbb ... 072007.xml - PSO World

oh

yea I played on the official sega servers for USA

the drop tables for that were definitely different

Back