PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

Went over to Sandbox to test a few mags. Character Reader seems to have a thing for red.

Untitled2.png

Last edited:
Quick (unimportant) question @Soly
EDIT: (I see what it's doing now, nevermind)
Skimming the code, was file-saving supposed to append or overwrite? I noticed one save function uses the W flag, but the others use the A flag. I haven't read all the code thoroughly enough to know what's going on (I don't speak the LUA language yet). As it is, it seems to overwrite, which is fine for my purposes. I just wanna know what's going on.

And on that note, I found a bug/inconsistency. Inventory saving copies line numbers. Bank saving does not. I fixed it in my version (commented out the line that saves inventory line numbers).

Last edited:
Also question for everyone (not necessarily Soly): anyone know how to modify the imgui window transparency? I might just modify text size instead, but it would be good to know.

You might want to delete line 573 I think? This line:
io.write(localCountStr)

So inventory doesn't save line numbers when you save to file. Bank saving already does this.

Here's some more bugs I found.
-the new update that tries to fix the barrier stats now reads every barrier as max stats (previously all min)
-it doesn't read --, -, +, ++ units (not important but I guess I'll point it out)
-Farlla being placed on the left PB slot causes issues like being read as error

-the new update that tries to fix the barrier stats now reads every barrier as max stats (previously all min)
-it doesn't read --, -, +, ++ units (not important but I guess I'll point it out)
where did you find ++/-- units?

The barrier stats is fixed... The max stats and the current stats are right next to each other and I just tested with a max barrier.... you can see where its going.
The units, there is no code that reads that stuff atm.. I'll add it.
I'll have to check the mag code then... Fixed too

1) is there a way to completely hide the "modui" window or whatever it is that ships default with the program? (Rather than just minimizing it)

2) If I were to completely hide a window (eg: Soly's drop checker) and have it pop up ONLY when specific items drop (and then hide again when I pick them up), would this alleviate any performance issues the program may cause? Or does it still alter the performance of the game while hidden?

Feel free to do it yourself... the latest version is pretty easy to modify... everything is in init.lua, the other file is now strictly to retrieve item names from the game.
Comment line 485
Code:
-- formatPrintMeseta(itemName, item)
This will remove meseta

Excuse me but I could not understand it and I could not do it.
https://github.com/Solybum/PSOBBMod-Addons/blob/master/Character Reader/init.lua

I found out {formatPrintMeseta(itemName, item} from this URL. (511 and 650 line)

Then copy and paste all the lines into a text editor
I changed {formatPrintMeseta(itemName, item)} to {formatPrint(itemName, item)} and saved it.

What am I doing wrong?

Excuse me but I could not understand it and I could not do it.
https://github.com/Solybum/PSOBBMod-Addons/blob/master/Character Reader/init.lua

I found out {formatPrintMeseta(itemName, item} from this URL. (511 and 650 line)

Then copy and paste all the lines into a text editor
I changed {formatPrintMeseta(itemName, item)} to {formatPrint(itemName, item)} and saved it.

What am I doing wrong?

"formatprint" is not a function that exists, so the program will throw an error and fail (unless you literally changed all instances of it, including the function definition - but that would do absolutely nothing, you're just renaming the function in that case, you could rename the function "asdfghjk(itemName, item)" and it would still do the exact same thing: print meseta).

You need basic programming knowledge to modify the program.

Soly's instructions were to comment it out. This essentially deletes it. If you don't know what a comment is, then literally just delete both lines where this exists:

Replace this:
Code:
itemStr = formatPrintMeseta(itemName, item)

With a blank line (delete it). Meseta should be gone.

Untitled.png

I guess I found one more...some mags with less than 3 PBs may show the wrong PB in the wrong slot. Picture is the Kalki. The Mitra displays correctly.

Besides this, I'm happy to say its been pretty bug free.

Last edited:
Well that's lame... the first 2 (center, right) PBs are pretty easy to read, the only one that was a bit of a headache was the 3rd... originally I made an array (of 256 bytes) to read it but later on found the function that selects it in the client.

I'll look it up cuz it really makes no sense to get that one wrong.
(should be) Fixed, get the latest version.

Back