PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

for some magical reason my drop checker wont show any drops or anything anymore and its not even showin up on the Mod UI under addon. so wondering what i can do fix this
QMzl0BW.jpg

for some magical reason my drop checker wont show any drops or anything anymore and its not even showin up on the Mod UI under addon. so wondering what i can do fix this
QMzl0BW.jpg

Is it Jake's? I heard somewhere Jake's needs the folder to have a very specific name.

Solution: if you can't figure it out, use Soly's

i got it figured out but id like to use soly's but when i reload my modUI it says character reader has a lua reader error so i dont understand how im suppose to have it the file or what or what im missing

i got it figured out but id like to use soly's but when i reload my modUI it says character reader has a lua reader error so i dont understand how im suppose to have it the file or what or what im missing
Paste the log in pastebin or something and link me to it so I can look it up.

You should be able to just download the whole repo and paste the Character Reader directory in the addons directory.

i did that n even tried to rename it to character reader and just says lua error.
KIbfCkS.jpg

seems ive got it to work. thanks for the help. friend of mine talked me threw it on discord

I guess the problem was not having the space in the folder name...?
Oh well.. glad you got it to working.

Updated the Character reader.
Options are now in a different file, this way they will stay the same when I update the main file (init.lua), however they will still reset if I update the options (which I have planned soon).

Added starting inventory, you can select which inventory you want to select at startup, for example if you don't care about your inventory and only the floor items, you can select startingInventory = 3;

Fixed error with Swordsman Lore kill count.

I guess I'd just drop the bomb.
I'm currently working in adding a lot of coloring options, so you can choose the what color each option color will be.
Just started to work with the untekked/wrapped area... as you can see in this pic
2seartI.jpg

Here is a preview....
Keep in mind you will be able to change almost every color.

GJ0T8cy.png

Soly, you da man. Working on stuff people want. Colours, parameters, and ability to set on those. Any chance wed be able to bold also?

Also, when setting parameters for hit % with certain colour would you be able to change that on both tekked and untekked seperately?

Last edited:
Soly, you da man. Working on stuff people want. Colours, parameters, and ability to set on those. Any chance wed be able to bold also?

Also, when setting parameters for hit % with certain colour would you be able to change that on both tekked and untekked seperately?
- I don't know if I can make it bold, in combination with color... would have to investigate.
- No, they appear the same in both types, untekked weapons have a marker at the beginning of their line (after the index) anyway.

Was hoping to assign a different color for high hit % that would also be shared by untekked weapons 10 hit lower. Would that be something easy to implement?

No issue on the bold, but would be rad.

Lazy/ease: Because looking for one colour is easier than 2.

All weapons untekked at a given % I am assuming will always be presumed to be 10 higher if tekked (as they plan to do this always meaning it's the ''same percent'') hence the same colour desired. Remembering less colour for the ''same percent''. What do you mean by having its own marker (I have no clue lol).

Lazy/ease: Because looking for one colour is easier than 2.

All weapons untekked at a given % I am assuming will always be presumed to be 10 higher if tekked (as they plan to do this always meaning it's the ''same percent'') hence the same colour desired. Remembering less colour for the ''same percent''. What do you mean by having its own marker (I have no clue lol).
I was referring to the U saying its untekked...

What I don't get is why do all that if you know the percent will go up anyway... right now the colors change every 20%, but could make it change earlier, still you already know it will go up so ¯\_ツ_/¯

Ok... the colors stuff is up now.
All options are inside configuration.lua

If you get a nice color scheme that you think would be good as default, feel free to PM me, create a pull request.. make some smoke signals, etc.
Please include a picture showing every color.

Also, if someone wants to, I can add different color settings for specials (in case you are interested in certain specials from common weapons)

Last edited:
Ok... the colors stuff is up now.
All options are inside configuration.lua

If you get a nice color scheme that you think would be good as default, feel free to PM me, create a pull request.. make some smoke signals, etc.
Please include a picture showing every color.

Also, if someone wants to, I can add different color settings for specials (in case you are interested in certain specials from common weapons)

Woo, great update! Also yes, certain colors for certain specials would be pretty nice for things like Hell and Charge.

Back