PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

in the final product imo, if it's 0 hit it should still be white. (I know you're probably still just testing)
I actually was thinking maybe add like ... if its above X% hit, make it red or yellow etc, I mean... if we are going fancy with colors, might as well do it right.
But then I'm like ¯\_ツ_/¯

Already pushed the changes to github, there is a link in my Stash topic if you need it.

@Soly Can you implement a setting to change the default to bank or floor? Aside from that a few other things I noticed was an odd misalignment with untekked weapons and techs having different spacing. You probably have this planned already but filtering out the meseta like the last version would be cool too.

You probably have this planned already but filtering out the meseta like the last version would be cool too.
Feel free to do it yourself... the latest version is pretty easy to modify... everything is in init.lua, the other file is now strictly to retrieve item names from the game.
Comment line 485
Code:
-- formatPrintMeseta(itemName, item)
This will remove meseta

Can you implement a setting to change the default to bank or floor?
Yeah, I want to add saving to the selected option but no idea how... so that will probably have to wait.

I noticed was an odd misalignment with untekked weapons and techs having different spacing
Any example of that?

Added saving to a file... it will only save the current inventory shown... mags don't write their feed timer.
I am using a modified dll that loads stuff from the folder ./imgui/
Yours probably is the original that loads from ./addons/ so make sure to open init.lua and modify the location of the file to dump the text to.
It will also always overwrite the file so be sure to copy the previous file somewhere else before saving.

7qptdMW.jpg

Added saving to a file... it will only save the current inventory shown... mags don't write their feed timer.
I am using a modified dll that loads stuff from the folder ./imgui/
Yours probably is the original that loads from ./addons/ so make sure to open init.lua and modify the location of the file to dump the text to.
It will also always overwrite the file so be sure to copy the previous file somewhere else before saving.

7qptdMW.jpg

Sweet.

Is the "big banks get cut off" bug fixed?

(Was it because it was a single string and too large?)

Odd, when I tried the new one out it doesn't detect weapons, tools, nor armor on the floor reader.

Edit: nvm, doesn't happen anymore with the newest ver.

Last edited:
One more thing I'd like to report.

Ex: Items A, B, C, D drop in that order. I pick up item B and the list updates to A, C, D. All fine and dandy. If I drop item B, the list updates back to its original location of A, B, C, D when I expected it to be A, C, D, B based on the recency. For something like Challenge Mode, all the gear that we drop and share to each other goes back into the original locations on the list which makes it confusing to know what it was we dropped to each other.

When an item drops or rather appears in the game, it gets added to an item pool, which only changes when a new item is added (drop from monster, /item command, etc) or is deleted (used monomate, etc).

Sure you picked it up and dropped it, but the item never left the pool so its position on it remains unchanged.
So that probably won't change.

Yeah, sorry I cannot do much.
I do want to invert the floor items again tho so newly added items appear at the top.
That would help a bit with what you want... since old items that dropped and you picked up and dropped, will probably not be relevant later on, so it can be left at the bottom of the window/list.

Alright... added numbers to the items and also inverted the floor items.
Already pushed the changes.

Yeah, sorry I cannot do much.

There's a way to do it but it's a lot more work, and would use a lot more CPU (not sure if that would affect anything).

You'd have to store 2 lists (a "previous" and a "current" list), and everytime you update the floor (every couple seconds) you'd have to move the "current" list into to the "previous" variable, load the floor into "current," and then compare the 2 lists. Anything that exists in "current" but not in "previous" gets sorted to the top of "current" before it is displayed on the GUI.

It's probably not worth it. Someone else could do it if they really wanted to. (Assuming they know how to modify the code)

Well yeah, obviously we can do anything I just meant there was nothing much I could do. ¯\_ツ_/¯

Not sure if its just me but it doesn't seem to be correctly detecting other mag colors.

Last edited:
@Soly This might be a dumb question, but if I wanted to export someone's plugin but NOT use imgui, what's the best method to do that?

(eg: not use an overlay/direct X/dinput8.dll, but use something that exports to a text file or something instead and doesn't touch the graphics at all)

Would I just have to use LUA the same way I used C++ for my button changer? Will plugging in your code be straightforward (once I remove the imgui elements of it)?

My ultimate goal is to export the floor to a text file, and then display that text file as a sorted list on a webpage, so I can view it on my phone.

---------------------------------

Unrelated question, but how do the transparent imgui windows interact with the video card? Is it drawing those pixels twice (once for PSO and once for the overlay)? Would making imgui completely opaque fix this (pixels only drawn once)? Or would the video card still process/calculate the pixels PSO would have otherwise displayed below the imgui window?

I don't know... the plugins work with the DLL (dinput) because it needs to read the memory...
Just make your own program if you are going to do what you are saying... in my plugin you can see all pointers and offsets (also the item name reader).

----------------
The game will generate the 3D stuff with shaders and all the crap then draw the HUD on top of it (if required)... the overlay is no different... HUD and overlay just don't have full alpha (in certain areas?).
I don't know what you mean with draw pixels twice.

Last edited:
in that case you might want to remove the HUD too as it draws pixels twice.

I just wanna do the least amount of work possible, and not reinvent the wheel. You've already done the hard work of formatting item names properly, thing's don't show up as unknown item, etc....

------------------------------------

I just know "transparent" makes my game lag hard (sometimes seabed, 100% of the time Gol Dragon dying, etc). But that might be because of multiple layers of transparency (Multiple layers of Gol Dragon body forcing the same pixel to be drawn 5+ times plus I think the floor is semi-transparent?)

I'm also contemplating using imgui instead of a webpage on my phone, but I still need to consolidate both lists (I multi-client) onto one screen. I'm not sure yet.

Back