PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

I just installed it and it looks like this... any ideas? Also: my mouse cursor disappeared
I had this happen when i was trying to get the game to run on windows xp black (cracked with w10 updates) i fixed it by changing out the default font for another one (in the add ons folders) that was also installed on the system

Trying to recreate the work that e_bolavirus published screenshots of some time back in summer of 2020, as well as update the aesthetics of the monster HP and target display.

attached is an init.lua and configuration.lua that will result in pretty much what is shown in the screenshots, but these do not include the overcall window/menu color and background style, etc.

The configuration.lua is just for the size and position, you only really need the init.lua. I've included these changes:
colored resists and special activation rates
condensed whitespace and commas for activation rates, set to put 5 on one line. with dark+havoc being a little redundant, this should show the rest of them on a single line. this is shown in the 2nd screenshot, i just didnt have jellen and zalure on anything in that one, so im keeping the first screenshot up as well.
trimmed extra text for spacing/size.
moved jellen/zalure/frozen/confused/paralyzed status to the same line as the monster name/id, instead of its own line, to save vertical space.
added element suggestion, so far based ONLY on monster resists. i havent investigated any of the damage calculations yet, as e_bolavirus had previously done. the element after the monster name will be the lowest of fire/ice/thunder, or multiple if they are equal. if dark/light is less than or equal to the lowest primary element, it will be included as well.

PSOBB_MonsterReader_ColoredResists.pngPSOBB_MonsterReader_ColoredResists3.pngPSOBB_MonsterReader_ColoredResists2.png

:EDIT: basically re-wrote the entire post as i went back and updated a few things. i have a bad habit of posting when its "good enough", but continuing to work on it :)

Attachments

• MonsterReader.7z
    7.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Hey im trying to get the item reader to run on a fresh W11 installation but when I put the file : dinput8.dll in my game folder the game doestn start properly anymore.
Then it request msvcp140.dll and vcruntime.dll
If I download and put them in my game directory it finds the files but now I get the error message 0x000007b and the app closes. Tried compatiblity mode and running as admin.

If I remove dinput8.dll the game works fine but the addons obviously wont work. Anybody has an idea?

Cheers

The drop chart addon which allowed for updating the drop charts manually from the page no longer works, just wondering if anyone has looked at the code for it and got a fix?

The drop chart addon which allowed for updating the drop charts manually from the page no longer works, just wondering if anyone has looked at the code for it and got a fix?
So everyone knows this has been fixed and the charts are updated.

So everyone knows this has been fixed and the charts are updated.

Yeh I asked and then a few hours later you mentioned it in discord, I forgot to delete this post, ty again so much for fixing it n:cool:

addon.png

Does anyone know where I can find this addon that No Hit is using?

I would love to use it.

Update: apparently this doesn't work with Vulkan - issue resolved once I changed to D3D12.

So I decided to jump back into BB after a bit of a hiatus, and Im struggling to get this add-on setup this time around (last time I used it was on a different PC running W10, now running W11).
I've grabbed the PSOBB zip that has dinput8.dll date-stamped at 8/8/2022, I've got the x86 c++ distrib installed as you can see here.
1677966990944.png
So as far as I can tell, the install is correct.

When I run the game, it runs for maybe a second (black screen, cursor changes to the PSO mouse cursor) and then crashes to desktop. No error messages.
If I dummy out/delete the dinput8.dll file, the game loads fine again.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Last edited:
Suggestion for the Monster plugin: add a technique recommendation (based on the monster resistances). For example, it would read Ice for a hildebear, or Lightning for a claw. I know you can already just read the resistances and decide, but it would save seconds each time a new mob appears, which would be significant as a learning solo Force

Last edited:
Suggestion for the Monster plugin: add a technique recommendation (based on the monster resistances). For example, it would read Ice for a hildebear, or Lightning for a claw. I know you can already just read the resistances and decide, but it would save seconds each time a new mob appears, which would be significant as a learning solo Force
I feel like you didn't see my post, and yet its just a TINY bit of scroll-up from yours :p

Heard someone mention that Lua has sound capabilities and I was wondering how difficult it would be to integrate a sound effect into an addon? Like for example the rare drop sound effect for rares. That way I would be able to play with both sfx and bgm at 0 (for times I am streaming a movie and playing on the side).

Been googling a bit but I literally have no clue so figured I'd see if anyone else has any idea.

@Spuz LUA doesn't seem have inherent sound capabilities.

You need a LUA library or bindings to a library written in another language I guess.

Some possibilities:
- https://github.com/TheLinx/lao uses a well established backend by the XIPH foundation
- https://github.com/Tangent128/luasdl2 has a battle proven backend (SDL has been used by a lot of people over the years) and there's a tutorial on how to play sound with it.
Lua indeed does not have inherent sound capabilities, but the PSOBB plugin for Lua addons actually does have a function for playing sound files.
https://github.com/Solybum/psobbadd...0a64110f6a2b61d/bbmod/src/lua_psolib.cpp#L182

I use it on my local system to indicate when Shifta and Deband are running out. I also once made this dumb thing for laughs because I started collecting Soul Caliburs on one of my accounts.

Heard someone mention that Lua has sound capabilities and I was wondering how difficult it would be to integrate a sound effect into an addon? Like for example the rare drop sound effect for rares. That way I would be able to play with both sfx and bgm at 0 (for times I am streaming a movie and playing on the side).

Been googling a bit but I literally have no clue so figured I'd see if anyone else has any idea.
It's a little bit tricky, since the floor reader literally just reads whatever is in PSOBB memory. There's no concept of "when the item dropped" so you'd have to try and work that out by comparing current state with previous state. There's also no concept of "what the item dropped from" so you might hear the sound again if a player drops their item on the ground from their inventory.

Maybe there's a completely separate way to determine when the rare item drop sound would have played if the volume was on, but that would probably be a fair amount of work to figure out.

I feel like you didn't see my post, and yet its just a TINY bit of scroll-up from yours :p
Probably should update that to say plugin "Lightning" instead of "Thunder".

Thunder is the sound you hear after a lightning flash... not the actual lightning itself. :( You're not hitting the Gilchics with sound!

Probably should update that to say plugin "Lightning" instead of "Thunder".

Thunder is the sound you hear after a lightning flash... not the actual lightning itself. :( You're not hitting the Gilchics with sound!
And after all that trouble i went to in order to impliment a new sonic damage type to the game? :p j/k.
Obviously you're not wrong about lightning/thunder. Not sure if i picked thunder or if it was already in the add-on listed that way? Or if it got used for just being the 2nd tier lightning damage weapon special name?

Thankfully, since LUA files are just text files, if it bothers anyone or the spacing/length of the name looks better to them, SUPER easy to find/replace.

Hey all, just started playing on Ephinea recently but have been using this addon suite for a while now. Short-form review: It's incredible, hard to live without it.

Quick question, is there or could there be a shop reader? I'm looking for 50h charge items in the weapon shop and I'm wondering if I can use a plugin to speed things up by not having to run all the way over to the counter between pipes.

Apologies if that's something I could search or has been answered or might not be allowed or something.

Hey all, just started playing on Ephinea recently but have been using this addon suite for a while now. Short-form review: It's incredible, hard to live without it.

Quick question, is there or could there be a shop reader? I'm looking for 50h charge items in the weapon shop and I'm wondering if I can use a plugin to speed things up by not having to run all the way over to the counter between pipes.

Apologies if that's something I could search or has been answered or might not be allowed or something.
No because the shop is generated by the server when you talk to the NPC the first time after entering P2/Lab.

Last edited:
Hey everyone quick question. Is there a way to edit the "Main" window like all the other windows? I'd like to remove the background of the title bar or remove it entirely. I haven't changed the layout of my item reader in years so I don't really need the Main title bar always visible. I know I can hide it with the tilde key but I really don't need it there at all. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back