PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

I added some settings to have the windows "anchor" to a position on the screen.
You can adjust the window position in the settings or use the top left anchor, it should disable the anchoring, if it does not, please let me know.

Yeah, the top left (disable) anchor setting doesn't disable it. However, I was able to move the window by changing the X and Y position on the settings. Wherever the window is put, it won't let me move it, even when anchoring is disabled.

For the Item Reader - Floor, I seem unable to reposition the window.

I have tried minimizing/collapsing the box, and then dragging it to a new location.
Or keeping the box expanded, and then moving it.

No matter what I do it keeps putting it back in the upper left hand corner over my characters display information. As shown in this image https://imgur.com/ZmGBH7Q

I have tried minimizing/collapsing the box, and then dragging it to a new location.

No matter what I do it keeps putting it back in the upper left hand corner over my characters display information. As shown in this image https://imgur.com/ZmGBH7Q
Try changing it through the configuration window's fields. In the lower right of your screenshot is a "Item Reader - Configuration" window. Use that to reposition the "Item Reader - Floor" window by clicking the + and - or typing in numbers for x, y, height, width.

As Ender said, I seem to have made a mistake (probably just forgot to disable the anchor when top left is selected), so it will always snap to the position set in the config.

I'll look into this later today.

I just updated the addon.
It will now NOT re-position the window when the anchoring is top left.

So I've been using these addons for awhile now and they're fantastic but... The windows are too opaque for my liking and I don't like the blue. The theme editor is perfect for what I need but alas, I go and make a theme, hit the "save" button, and nothing happens. I edit the theme.ini and nothing happens. I edit the init.lua in the Theme Editor folder and nothing happens. Nothing I do will actually theme these windows. Is this broken? Am I missing some weird DLL?

Thanks in advance! <3

I tried digging through the thread about after going back about 8 pages or so, I got tired. This thread is so long. X.x

I haven't had any issue with it.
Do you have the latest version of everything?
Yeah. I actually formatted and reinstalled windows like, 3 days ago. I grabbed everything straight from your github. I installed the Visual C++ 2015 libraries. At first I did just the 64-bit ones but it still gave me errors, so I grabbed the 32-bit ones also and it worked. If it matters, I'm on schtserv running windows 10.

I'll try it on Ephinea and see if that makes a difference.

I didn't think it'd matter, and it doesn't. Ephinea's client also has the same issue. I also had this problem prior to my format/reinstall. :/

Last edited:
I'll try getting that. I thought I had that already, though? *goes*

(Also, thanks for the help!)

EDIT: OH HAY IT WORKS. Thank you so much staphen! You are AMAZING.

Would you like to be able to use Item reader in Japanese?

Attachments

• pso131778461295372531.jpg
    pso131778461295372531.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 39
The plugin initializes a default font which covers only ASCII range. It's also a texture, which is why it looks awful when your resolution is scaled up or down.

What needs to be done is add something like this to the end of ImGui_ImplD3D8_Init() in imgui_impl_d3d8.cpp:
Code:
    ImFontConfig config;
    config.MergeMode = true;
    io.Fonts->AddFontDefault();
    io.Fonts->AddFontFromFileTTF("bbmod_fonts/japanese.ttf", 12.0f, &config, io.Fonts->GetGlyphRangesChinese());
Where bbmod_fonts/japanese.ttf is a truetype font for a font that supports these ranges:
Code:
        0x0020, 0x00FF, // Basic Latin + Latin Supplement
        0x3000, 0x30FF, // Punctuations, Hiragana, Katakana
        0x31F0, 0x31FF, // Katakana Phonetic Extensions
        0xFF00, 0xFFEF, // Half-width characters
        0x4e00, 0x9FAF, // CJK Ideograms
This way we have default font for the basic range and then the other font for everything else. The font would have to be distributed (can't find a guaranteed way to point to a system font for a font that's always there). I have this working locally but can't find a suitable font I can distribute freely :(
  1. Imgui documentation says otf files are supported but that doesn't seem to be the case in the version of imgui used in the addon. Must be .ttf it seems.
  2. The plugin should load the font only if the folder+file exist. If it's not there or there's some other error loading it, psobb.exe immediately closes. Exercise left to the reader.
  3. It would be nice to optionally replace the default font as well, but again I'm struggling with imgui loading fonts. If this was done, we could have a font that looks nice when the resolution is scaled up/down. I haven't tried a newer version of imgui.
  4. Also I guess this means Lua addons could be translated too ;)
Someone point me to a free CJK ttf font that covers those ranges and I can distribute this temporarily. Would be nice to get this 'featurized' with a default font to support CJK range but also a config file to specify different fonts to load.

bbmod_japanese.png

Last edited:
Back