PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

Music disks on the drop checker add-on are colored yellow. How do I adjust the new music disk 21 to match?

You download Notepad+ > go to your ephinea folders, open addons, solylib, items, items_list.lua.

RGdqRqC.png

Then scroll down and find the item you want to change. The number on the left is the game code and the number on the right (after 0x) is the colour. List of Code/colours

Here is a list of Ephinea items for the reader. Matt has not added Music Disk 21, so I am unsure which code/item in the lua actually is music disk 21.

Download Visual C++ from the 1st page.

I have Visual C++. If you're referring to 2015, I have 2017, which won't let me also install 2015 at the same time.
It's just saying "Unicode dinput8.dll created, cannot continue."

upload_2018-7-1_12-5-38.png
upload_2018-7-1_12-7-10.png

Well tar and feather me and call me a Rappy. I do happen to have Evolve, which runs in the background. I'll try it with evolve closed, and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT:

That was the ticket! But a new problem arose:
View attachment 6928

There should have been an addons directory in the zip file along with the dinput8 module provided by the psobbaddonplugin project. That folder should have an init.lua script inside it. Did you copy both the dinpu8.dll file and the addons directory into the PSO installation directory?

There should have been an addons directory in the zip file along with the dinput8 module provided by the psobbaddonplugin project. That folder should have an init.lua script inside it. Did you copy both the dinpu8.dll file and the addons directory into the PSO installation directory?
I did, indeed.

I did, indeed.

I can make that error happen easily enough by changing the working directory before running psobb.exe. I can't say for sure if that's the issue you're having, but it ought to be worth checking. Are you launching psobb.exe from a shortcut or a custom batch script or something like that?

I can make that error happen easily enough by changing the working directory before running psobb.exe. I can't say for sure if that's the issue you're having, but it ought to be worth checking. Are you launching psobb.exe from a shortcut or a custom batch script or something like that?

I'm just running it though online.exe.

Then it should work, but just for good measure, can you try running it directly by double-clicking psobb.exe?

Odd, that works, and the mods work fine. I am using the custom res launcher, if that helps narrow things down.

Odd, that works, and the mods work fine. I am using the custom res launcher, if that helps narrow things down.

Well, I can't say that I know what launcher you're talking about, but it seems reasonable to assume that the working directory of the psobb.exe process is not being set properly by online.exe. It could be using the working directory of the online.exe process itself. If you run the launcher directly by double-clicking online.exe, does the error still occur?

If so, and if you don't have access to the source code for the custom res launcher, my best recommendation would be to force a call to the SetCurrentDirectory() function by modifying the psobbaddonplugin source code and building your own dinput8.dll.

Well, I can't say that I know what launcher you're talking about, but it seems reasonable to assume that the working directory of the psobb.exe process is not being set properly by online.exe. It could be using the working directory of the online.exe process itself. If you run the launcher directly by double-clicking online.exe, does the error still occur?

If so, and if you don't have access to the source code for the custom res launcher, my best recommendation would be to force a call to the SetCurrentDirectory() function by modifying the psobbaddonplugin source code and building your own dinput8.dll.

Running the launcher directly produces the same errors. It's Tofuman's launcher, found here: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/generic-psobb-widescreen-launcher.69/

Running the launcher directly produces the same errors. It's Tofuman's launcher, found here: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/generic-psobb-widescreen-launcher.69/

Yeah, here's what I get from GetCurrentDirectory() after using tofuman's launcher.
C:\Users\staphen\AppData\Roaming\MMFApplications

I believe MMF stands for Multimedia Fusion, which is a game and software creation tool. So this is likely a side effect of the development software he used to create his launcher. You can either do as I suggested and build your own dinput8.dll file or you can ask tofuman if there's anything he can do to his launcher to resolve the issue.

Yeah, here's what I get from GetCurrentDirectory() after using tofuman's launcher.
C:\Users\staphen\AppData\Roaming\MMFApplications

I believe MMF stands for Multimedia Fusion, which is a game and software creation tool. So this is likely a side effect of the development software he used to create his launcher. You can either do as I suggested and build your own dinput8.dll file or you can ask tofuman if there's anything he can do to his launcher to resolve the issue.

I'll put up a message on his thread about it, but from what I have seen, he's not online very often. I also have no idea how to build my own .dll files.

I'll put up a message on his thread about it, but from what I have seen, he's not online very often. I also have no idea how to build my own .dll files.

Do you know anything about coding in C++? The psobbaddonplugin is just a Visual Studio project that compiles to the dinput8.dll library that you drop in the PSO install folder.

Do you know anything about coding in C++? The psobbaddonplugin is just a Visual Studio project that compiles to the dinput8.dll library that you drop in the PSO install folder.
Luckily, I have taken some classes for C++. I'll have to take a look at it.

I love these. I used to use Soly's plugins before I stopped playing. Now that I have a new laptop, I've been setting things back up. I just have one issue. Everything works fine for me except the Item Reader windows. The config window for it is fine, but say, the Mag or floor windows, I can't move them or resize them by using my cursor. Each time I try to drag them somewhere, they snaps back into the default position. This only happens to the windows added by the Item Reader plugin. Things like the Monster reader, and Player Reader work just fine, and can be dragged around.

I love these. I used to use Soly's plugins before I stopped playing. Now that I have a new laptop, I've been setting things back up. I just have one issue. Everything works fine for me except the Item Reader windows. The config window for it is fine, but say, the Mag or floor windows, I can't move them or resize them by using my cursor. Each time I try to drag them somewhere, they snaps back into the default position. This only happens to the windows added by the Item Reader plugin. Things like the Monster reader, and Player Reader work just fine, and can be dragged around.
I added some settings to have the windows "anchor" to a position on the screen.
You can adjust the window position in the settings or use the top left anchor, it should disable the anchoring, if it does not, please let me know.

Back