PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

Coming back to PSO and seeing this is now possible is noice.

A purely aesthetic question though, is it possible to set a max window size for some addons instead of purely static size?
For example I want this so I can have the background on things which makes it easier to read over transparent window but when there is nothing there or only a few of anything (like with floor drops) I don't just have a blank floating box.

A purely aesthetic question though, is it possible to set a max window size for some addons instead of purely static size?
For example I want this so I can have the background on things which makes it easier to read over transparent window but when there is nothing there or only a few of anything (like with floor drops) I don't just have a blank floating box.

I suppose I could come up with something like what I did for my player reader (video below) but the problem is that is just more work and I am too lazy :eek:

I will see if I can come up with something, maybe add an option like "resize window to fit content" and then it would do fit to content up to max size.

I seem to be having an issues that I don't think I can find a solution to anywhere else, but if was stated elsewhere just link me to said place. The plugin installed fine and worked fine once or twice, but after that, the plugins show on the screen but can't be interacted with at all. They can't be moved, resized, and the main menu can't be clicked on at all. Pressing ` doesn't open or close it. Does anyone know what to do in this case?

I seem to be having an issues that I don't think I can find a solution to anywhere else, but if was stated elsewhere just link me to said place. The plugin installed fine and worked fine once or twice, but after that, the plugins show on the screen but can't be interacted with at all. They can't be moved, resized, and the main menu can't be clicked on at all. Pressing ` doesn't open or close it. Does anyone know what to do in this case?
I think something similar happened to me once. I'm pretty sure I fixed it by rebooting my computer.

I have finished the stuff I proposed before.
I had to remove the child window in the item reader aio because it would not let me autoresize the window back down.

If you want to try it, update the item reader as well as solylib.
Let me know if you find any issue.

I have a request/suggestion.
Whether the boss is rare or not is determined when the game is created. Meaning, if you free run an area and it has a rare boss, if you do a quest that has the same boss, it will also be rare.
Would you be able or willing to read and display if each boss is rare or not?

I have a request/suggestion.
Whether the boss is rare or not is determined when the game is created. Meaning, if you free run an area and it has a rare boss, if you do a quest that has the same boss, it will also be rare.
Would you be able or willing to read and display if each boss is rare or not?
I was gonna try that but after some thinking, the rare monster flag stuff is sent in a list that matches the index of the monster in the script's monster list and I am too lazy to parse all that in Lua.

Besides, the main reason of the monster reader was to show monster's HP and since I implemented the monster HP bar in Ultima (I gave that to Soda so that's available here too), I will probably not update the monster reader anymore, pull requests are welcome tho.

I was gonna try that but after some thinking, the rare monster flag stuff is sent in a list that matches the index of the monster in the script's monster list and I am too lazy to parse all that in Lua.

Besides, the main reason of the monster reader was to show monster's HP and since I implemented the monster HP bar in Ultima (I gave that to Soda so that's available here too), I will probably not update the monster reader anymore, pull requests are welcome tho.
Are you saying you can tell if any monster is going to be rare?
A rare boss reader would save a ridiculous amount of time already, but an any rare monster reader would be insane.
I don't know much about LUA, but if even you find it too daunting, it isn't as easy as just a filter to see if there are any names of rares. Dang. I understand.

Are you saying you can tell if any monster is going to be rare?
The rare monsters are defined when you create a room, but the "monster list" is in some file/data split in sections and a bunch of other "complicated" stuff... that's why I don't feel like doing it.

I also received a message asking to not do so, because of how it would affect the game and possible also affect Soda's and company thoughts on the addons (we already had a bit of an issue with my player reader).
I won't comment on the effects on the game but it is quite possible that such thing would affect the addon stuff in general, at least here in ephinea... what was it....
YJ11TEx.png

(Even though that's a fallacy)

Ah, yeah, it could totally obliterate the value of any item, by making it no longer a factor of chance, among other things. It's the nuanced effects that get overlooked that have the most profound changes.

What about a reader for shops? That should have similar impact as the drop checker; it just saves you the time from manually going through each thing and lessens the chance of you missing a good item.

What about a reader for shops? That should have similar impact as the drop checker; it just saves you the time from manually going through each thing and lessens the chance of you missing a good item.
AFAIK, the shop list is generated when you talk to the NPC, so this info isn't available when you make a game.

Does the drop chart add on work with the new hbr change to moving extra dar to rdr? Not sure it does.

Hello, sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a way to filtrate item shown in the drop checker? Like showing only mats, weapon with hit and rare drops ?

Last edited:
If you are talking about my addon, you can remove items by disabling them in the item list.
I don't think I have any way to filter them tho...

I just added some code to the Kill Counter addon that detects whether the user has their in-game menu open. There are now configuration options to change the display mode of each of the windows so you can choose to have them appear or disappear automatically when opening and closing the menu.

Also, I've released a new tool which I've called the psobb-session-reader. After installing the Kill Counter addon, if you created a "sessions" folder in your PSO installation directory, the Kill Counter addon will have been automatically saving session data to that folder. This tool gives you the ability to view that data in a more user-friendly way. It's still missing some features to really make it useful, and it's poorly documented, but feel free to give it a try.

https://github.com/StephenCWills/psobb-session-reader

Music disks on the drop checker add-on are colored yellow. How do I adjust the new music disk 21 to match?

Back