Proposed New Drop Charts

It's easier to hunt on Very Hard, so I doubt it would make much of a difference.

I wasn't even aware it dropped on lower difficulties lol.

Do whatever you think is best then.

Tower definitely needs a buff in some degree because it's the hardest area but people almost refuse to play on any ID other than Skyly.

The problem with trying to do these changes is we're kind of running out of items to actually move around. We don't want to put all the Episode 1 exclusives (Spread Needle and Red Weapons for example) into Episode 2 because that means you won't necessarily have to play Episode 1, and we're not trying to mercilessly slaughter Episode 4 either.

One thing I can agree with is that a lot of new items have been put onto enemies that are already hunted, which is kind of boring so that might change (especially CCA wise, putting stuff on the minibosses just buffs Tower).

I can see Spaceship and CCA needing a little bit here and there, but what can we even put in that isn't already elsewhere?

My issue with buffing tower is allbeit most people only will play tower on skyly... It does get played and is quite possibly the most played area in ep2 period. And putting the more feasible drops in that area and tossing straight ubers in the spaceship at a rate that most of the playerbase will view say ummmm... Nope not doing that,is going to land us in the same spot i believe as regards to playing in certain zones

but what can we even put in that isn't already elsewhere?

Assuming you're deleting a junk item that drops elsewhere in the chart (so you don't need to "move" it, you can just flat-out delete it): throw in some random extra Photon Crystal drops, and don't keep them episode 4 exclusive.

You could even go as far as to throw in one PC for every ID in spaceship, the same way every ID has at least one PC in episode 4.

Example:

You could make it drop on Gulgus on every single ID except Redria (since they drop garbage or almost-garbage, and every item exists elsewhere in the drop chart). Redria is a good drop (DoB) so you could replace its Gulgus-Gue instead (Agito 1980 drops in 3 other places in the drop chart)

Viridia - Spaceship Gulgus - Delete Final Impact and replace with Photon Crystal
Greenill - Spaceship Gulgus - Delete Cross Scar and replace with Photon Crystal
Skyly - Spaceship Gulgus - Delete Dragon Slayer and replace with Photon Crystal
Bluefull- Spaceship Gulgus - Delete Alive Aqhu and replace with Photon Crystal
Purplenum- Spaceship Gulgus - Delete L&K 14 Combat and replace with Photon Crystal
Pinkal- Spaceship Gulgus - Delete Storm Wand Indra and replace with Photon Crystal
Redria- Spaceship Gulgus-Gue - Delete Agito 1980 and replace with Photon Crystal
Oran- Spaceship Gulgus - Delete Flowen's Shield and replace with Photon Crystal
Yellowboze- Spaceship Gulgus - Delete Ancient Saber and replace with Photon Crystal
Whitill- Spaceship Gulgus - Delete God/Legs and replace with Photon Crystal

Reactions: Ade
Since the primary argument for this change was that temple and spaceship charts were AWFUL, I think we should actually make them decent. I don't really have ideas on what to put there besides RS/SN, DoB, Vise. All I know is that when I argued against this I was spammed with screenshots of the spaceship droptable, and they have hardly changed at all. I understand you don't have many items to add or many to move around, and that's why I've been against a rebalance of anything except temple/spaceship from the v beginning.

Since the primary argument for this change was that temple and spaceship charts were AWFUL, I think we should actually make them decent. I don't really have ideas on what to put there besides RS/SN, DoB, Vise. All I know is that when I argued against this I was spammed with screenshots of the spaceship droptable, and they have hardly changed at all. I understand you don't have many items to add or many to move around, and that's why I've been against a rebalance of anything except temple/spaceship from the v beginning.

My PC idea + changing a couple other trash drops would probably fix it.

Just the PC idea might make it a good DoB hunt on a couple IDs.

I personally think adding PCs and modifying the Delsaber drops so they're all good would fix spaceship. Most of them already have been changed, but...

Viridia Delsaber Agito 1977 - could be deleted and replaced with something good, drops in one other place on the charts

Greenill Delsaber - Already good (GULD).

Oran Delsaber - cannot be changed (DB's Sword/Saber/Whatever 3070 model only exists here)

Redria Delsaber Flowen's Shield - Can be deleted and replaced with something good. Currently has 4 drops in the chart. PC change + this change would delete 2 of them, leaving 2 still in the charts. Trash shield doesn't need 4 drops.

Skyly, Bluefull, Purplenum, Pinkal, Yellowboze, Whitill Delsaber - already changed... Although the pink Delsaber Agito 1980 could be deleted and given a better drop - even with the PC change deleting another Agito 1980 (Redria Gulgus-Gue), it will still exist in the charts 2 times. A trash agito doesn't need 4 drops.

Now Spaceship would be a good place to hunt a few items and get PCs along the way. Whereas episode 4 is the place to go to hunt a shit-ton of good items and get PCs along the way (so it's not really breaking things, even spaceship becomes "the" PC hunt).

My previous post about PCs in a spoiler (for anyone skimming who missed it I guess, just to keep this in context):
but what can we even put in that isn't already elsewhere?

Assuming you're deleting a junk item that drops elsewhere in the chart (so you don't need to "move" it, you can just flat-out delete it): throw in some random extra Photon Crystal drops, and don't keep them episode 4 exclusive.

You could even go as far as to throw in one PC for every ID in spaceship, the same way every ID has at least one PC in episode 4.

Example:

You could make it drop on Gulgus on every single ID except Redria (since they drop garbage or almost-garbage, and every item exists elsewhere in the drop chart). Redria is a good drop (DoB) so you could replace its Gulgus-Gue instead (Agito 1980 drops in 3 other places in the drop chart)

Viridia - Spaceship Gulgus - Delete Final Impact and replace with Photon Crystal
Greenill - Spaceship Gulgus - Delete Cross Scar and replace with Photon Crystal
Skyly - Spaceship Gulgus - Delete Dragon Slayer and replace with Photon Crystal
Bluefull- Spaceship Gulgus - Delete Alive Aqhu and replace with Photon Crystal
Purplenum- Spaceship Gulgus - Delete L&K 14 Combat and replace with Photon Crystal
Pinkal- Spaceship Gulgus - Delete Storm Wand Indra and replace with Photon Crystal
Redria- Spaceship Gulgus-Gue - Delete Agito 1980 and replace with Photon Crystal
Oran- Spaceship Gulgus - Delete Flowen's Shield and replace with Photon Crystal
Yellowboze- Spaceship Gulgus - Delete Ancient Saber and replace with Photon Crystal
Whitill- Spaceship Gulgus - Delete God/Legs and replace with Photon Crystal

How would people feel about Dress Plate and ADR dropping (and also the ELT equivalents)? Right now they're basically event only (and TE for ADR) and I'm honestly not a fan of practical items being tied to events.

Naturally the drop rates for any of the EDK items is not going to be easy.

How would people feel about Dress Plate and ADR dropping (and also the ELT equivalents)? Right now they're basically event only (and TE for ADR) and I'm honestly not a fan of practical items being tied to events.

I'm down with the proverbial clown.

This would be cool man. I always felt these important edk resists should be available at any time (if not from a drop then from gallons shop or something).

Make it so that the Ob Lily, Mil Lily, Zol Gibbon, Deldepth, or Del Lily drops them for extra irony.

The idea I personally proposed was either a possible mil lily drop at 1/21++ for DP and WD, alternatively another idea me and matt potentially agreed on with dressplate/wd or antilight ring is somethin like a spaceship delsaber drop at 1/12k somewhere. In this case it'd keep them rare, and you'd be better off trading for them. The alternative option is a pretty difficult hunt. I'd like to see these help flesh out spaceship a bit as i love the area and would like to see more runs.

The idea I personally proposed was either a possible mil lily drop at 1/21++ for DP and WD, alternatively another idea me and matt potentially agreed on with dressplate/wd or antilight ring is somethin like a spaceship delsaber drop at 1/12k somewhere. In this case it'd keep them rare, and you'd be better off trading for them. The alternative option is a pretty difficult hunt. I'd like to see these help flesh out spaceship a bit as i love the area and would like to see more runs.
I like this idea, but the rates are a bit abysmal IMO. The Mil Lily is far more viable than Delsaber at those proposed rates. Just my strict opinion but as far as the rates I'd do 1/16 for the Mizzle Lily and 1/4K for the Delsizzle.

That's why I said +, and it's only an idea not a confirmation at this point lol. While yes it would be abysmal if say it was (just by pure example) ADR, you'd still have better options to trade for it or do Tyrell's ego for it. Though we're not sure if we'll include that one yet, might just leave it TE only. =p

Just realized something I've been meaning to bring up:

Why don't we take this opportunity to inject 'missing' items into the EP2 drop table? Perfect example of this is the Shichishito. That Katana was on the EP4 table before it was revised and is now unobtainable. I'm sure there are a number of other items that are currently unobtainable, so why not put em in EP2?

Back