Proposed New Drop Charts

Heyo! To chime in once more on Purplenum. I don't think Purple's Ep1 is strong enough to warrant a Ep2 this... bad. Temple is terrible, Spaceship is terrible, Tower is bad, Seabed is bad. As strong items, Matt, you listed...

Frozen Shooter: Found by many IDs, only valuable with hit. It's strong, but not absolutely amazing of a drop.
Psycho Wand: I have to disagree heavily here. 1/205 from Mil Lilies is not good at all, but rather pretty terrible and basically a 1/100k drop. Oran is the best hunt, followed by Bluefull. It used to be great with piping, IIRC, but that is gone.
Parts of Baranz: Worth 2 - 3 PDs, would not really call that strong.
Spread Needle: Wort 1 - 2 PDs without any good hit. Outclassed in almost every way by S-Ranks. Fleshies using them make me sad :p
Guardianna: Yeah, I'll give you that one. The easiest Guardianna definitely; and Guardianna is amazing. :)
Yas 9K: Who is using those? I would not consider those a "strong" drop.

I don't want Purplenum to be amazing, but right now, its Ep2 drops are just really shitty (yeah, it gets HP from Meris, but well... HP is widely considered the least valuable uber). Just throw one or two decent items (Tyrell's in Tower maybe?) in there and I'd be happy.

But yeah, that is just my humble opinion. :3 I hope I don't sound too agressive.

Last edited:
Psycho Wand: I have to disagree heavily here. 1/205 from Mil Lilies is not good at all, but rather absolutely terrible and basically a 1/100k drop. Oran is the best hunt, followed by Bluefull.

I can agree that the rates are terrible and same with the other rare monster ubers (blue HP has nothing else of value in forest for its HP so the hunt is boring overall and a waste of time w/o an event going on)

I should point out that pwand in purple cave has no other things of value beyond purple card and branch of pakupaku. Both of those items aren't really worth much. Pakupaku is 1-3 at best and card is collectors only.

I saw a guy quit PSO back on schthack cause of this due to running into 100 some odd rare lilies and it never dropping for them.

Still I guess people counter this out by saying those areas are easy, and while the ape number is pretty small lilies are the most common rare foe due to how many there are. But still its pretty boring and if there is no event going on you are just wasting your time.

Well actually I guess rare rappies are the most common rare foe now that I think about it.

Let's see, will do the following things:

Purplenum:

- Add Vise drop to Ul Gibbon
- Need an idea for a Seabed drop that isn't too OP.

Bluefull:

- Add Vjaya drop to Merillia
- Twin Brand on Recon put at 1/640 instead of 1/3K

Redria:

- Replace HP on Girtablulu to Gratia.

For the "buffed uber" rates, that was mostly done because it was a pretty popular request, to get rid of the "dumb rates" on like 1/100,000 ~ 1/300,000 on stuff, however I think it might be a good idea to put them back down to be honest, as all these items usually have something else to hunt in the area, and I have an idea as to what to do with those rates in the future.

There's probably more stuff I should change, just done what I could think of off the top of my head.

About the HS/Lame Kondrieu droprates; is 1/8 from Kondrieu equal to their non-boss mob counterparts? I'd be sad if POD became the optimal way to hunt HS/Lame.

Maybe even make the Kondrieu HS/Lame droprates a little bit harder than the regular enemy rates, to discourage soulless POD spamming? you gms probably discussed this already tho

I just think the server's better if POD isn't the best way to hunt HS/Lame, and doesn't promote solo POD rooms.

Last edited:
Yeah it's been done to death discussion wise. What I remember we came to is that Lame/HS being kondrieu drops (1/10 appearance chance was it?) combined with 4p dar reductions makes it a far shot from your chances of getting anything. While the grind can be soulless that's what protects the drop, you have 1 shot at a drop in a 8-15 minute average run (depending on your skill level) at a rare boss appearing that has a reduced chance to drop it. While yes you can be lucky, and yes you can hunt solo the same could immediately be said for the viridia dorphon eclair drop, and that hasn't had any immediate bad reppercussions, matter of fact quite the opposite as people are preferring the skyly drop. :eek:

We cant forget also that these are the same rates we had before and they didn't guarantee us any drops even when POD was all people played. I personally got rekt by yellow kondy at least 25 times and never saw one lame drop, and probably purplenum Kondy even more.

Also I should note, the hate for the yellowboze delbiter lame was unwarranted and very kneejerky as if you're going to hunt Lame Dorphon is still better by a wide margin. I'm personally tired of the kneejerk responses and I'd like to see more critical thought.

Also the thing with PoD is that there's hardly anything else in it, meaning if you run a mob hunt, you have chances for lots of other items (Redria's Desert being a good example).

The idea was for a bit of variety, I somewhat doubt it'll be the only hunt but we'll have to see... I mean nobody hunts the Desert Heaven Striker right now because the LMB hunt is too overpowered.

If lots of people aren't too fond of the idea though, it can be definitely be changed.

Zalure is level 21 here, unlike 33 on GC. Furthermore the price of Jellen and Zalure are 60 PDs instead of 50 PDs.

Am I the only one not seeing lame D on boze seabed? >_>

1. Spaceship still looks weak. It has barely any decent 10 stars compared to the others now. Even add some PCs or something to it. It needs some regular 10 star drops.

I think it'd be a good idea to add some Red sword/spread needle/fs/yunchang/demo comet/sange/yas9k/asuka/shit like that just to make it more accessible.

and kondy drops should be 1/4, not 1/8. Even back at 1/4 those things never fucking dropped. 28 Kondys and 1 HS. Garbage. I know this is to stop PoD spamming but man with pso2 drops and rare enemy rates. that shit never happens.

Last edited:
I always want more Spaceship drops because it's the best map, but. I think a third of the shit rares need to be overhauled instead of simply being moved (Spaceship, not everywhere.)

kondy drops should be 1/4, not 1/8. Even back at 1/4 those things never fucking dropped. 28 Kondys and 1 HS. Garbage. I know this is to stop PoD spamming but man with pso2 drops and rare enemy rates. that shit never happens.
Woohoo somebody make this man president. Bring on the solo pod's.

To make Kondrieu rares 1/4 would be going in circles, they're staying at 1/8.

Also Heaven Striker Coat is supposed to replace Yunchang in VH, I completely forgot about that so will revert the Boota change and do that.

I agree that spaceship could be buffed in some fashion, it isn't much of an improvement from the current chart atm.

Edit:

A lot of E2 hunts are best with Girth's quests (Lost, VR, MU). Some of them seems poor without those quests, rappies hunt for example, and some may be too powerful with those quests, belra hunts for example. I have not made my conclusion yet on this, I think this part needs to be scrutinized by the community, to see if they're actually underpowered or overpowered.
There are definitely some problem quests (Xrd, Dolmolm, Lost, etc). I'm not sure what's gonna happen here whether it be nerfing, removing, or just letting them stay and nerfing drops.

Last edited:
Well, I don't think it's necessary to nerf the "Lost" quests because they really don't break from Sega's formula. (Yes, Matt, I know you disagree with this, but hear me out.) I know you don't like the "layout" of some of these, but most players do. If you consider regular Mines versus LSB, for example, and think about the progression in enemy type / count, Girth's Lost quests follow this very closely. Don't allow your aesthetic distaste for these quests, which is subjective, to prevent you from seeing that they're interesting hunts that save some otherwise abysmal areas.

Ep2 enemy counts are pretty bad in the base areas, and Sega didn't release very many good quests for hunts that focused on individual areas. (Really just the PWs.) If you wanted a good Temple or Ship hunt, you prettymuch had to do MA2V2, which means you can't start on the desired area right away (unless it's Temple).

Oran seems to be the one-stop shop for making a Double Cannon. It has both a good Sycnesca drop in Ep1 and a good Lavis drop with the new Ep2 chart. Not sure if that was the intention, however.

If anything happens to any quests for any reason, it's not a community decision so let's not discuss them here and keep on topic. If any quests are obviously an issue, it will be addressed (much like with Rampage D).

Purplenum:

- Need an idea for a Seabed drop that isn't too OP.

Is Yunchang morfos too op?

Purplenum:

Bluefull:

- Add Vjaya drop to Merillia

ty

For the "buffed uber" rates, that was mostly done because it was a pretty popular request, to get rid of the "dumb rates" on like 1/100,000 ~ 1/300,000 on stuff, however I think it might be a good idea to put them back down to be honest, as all these items usually have something else to hunt in the area, and I have an idea as to what to do with those rates in the future.

"Bare minimum" solution: Just add like another ~20k on the big ticket ones (p-wand, heaven punisher, possibly guld). So if your new drop chart has a new heaven punisher drop at 1/30k, make it 1/50k. And make the buffed zele p-wand 1/70k instead of 1/50k.

A better solution (imo): Halve the old rates (current drop chart, before change). So if p-wand is 1/300k on the current charts, make it 1/150k. If p-wand/hp is 1/131k, then make it 1/65k (or round up to 1/70k). For "new" drops use these rates accordingly. Only exception imo would be PoM, since.... Those drop never, even with current charts (do any exist outside of plat badge?). This would make the drops still "not huntable" but one MIGHT drop every once in a while, rather than never.

Just throwing out ideas.

A better solution (imo): Halve the old rates (current drop chart, before change). So if p-wand is 1/300k on the current charts, make it 1/150k. If p-wand/hp is 1/131k, then make it 1/65k (or round up to 1/70k). For "new" drops use these rates accordingly. Only exception imo would be PoM, since.... Those drop never, even with current charts (do any exist outside of plat badge?). This would make the drops still "not huntable" but one MIGHT drop every once in a while, rather than never.
^I agree w/ this idea

Just from personal bias I typically enjoy my uber hunts from so called trash mobs. I love fighting in the jungle, mountain, and seaside areas but I see very little movement when it comes to ul and zol gibbons along with merillas... Would like to see something worth hunting from these enemies. Even at 1/28k rates

Back