Post your vehicle!

yeah. definitely. But I can barely afford her since having to drop hours at work

yeah. definitely. But I can barely afford her since having to drop hours at work
Nuuuuu! Keep that negative specter of "barely affording" at bay! SURE you may have lost a few critical hours RECENTLY...But thats not gonna be the case 2 weeks from now eh? Not to mention you'll has a few opportunities for overtime, no? It's that increase of insurance that has mew cringing for you tho. You ever find out how MUCH the increase a month is? $100+? Not including 'lube' or taking u out to dinner first! =P

not any idea.
The ppl at progressive had shafted mew with a $100 increase a month for her little mishap. Even AFTER the case was dropped and her record was cleared of the incident, these knuckle draggers wanted to keep at least an $80 increase a month just because "it was reported to the company" that mew had an accident....wtf? Had the same company and ppl for almost 20 years! You'd think they'd treat mew like family =(. So mew said a teary farewell to her fave insurance agent and got with USAA and gonna see how That works out >=3.
Good news is....any accident record rate increases are only temporary. Bad news is....think its still 3-5 years before they change anything =/. Our Boomies has Homework to do! =3

Last edited:
Had an ST180 I impulse bought new in Xmas 2015. It was my pride and joy. In 9 years of driving I have owned 8 cars. I got bored of my cars quickly and each time I traded it in for a faster car. I thought buying a new sporty car would get it all out of my system. Within 6 months I was looking at getting another car. Problem was I moved house and where I wound up living was much further away from work. The ST said average mpg of 40 but in reality most of the time I was driving it like a tool and getting around 10-15. What with fuel prices in UK being so expensive (around x3 price of in US) I looked for more economical but faster cars. A tricky sell indeed.

Then, come February me and my partner decide we're buying our first house even further away from where I work. So I did what I thought I'd never do, I decided to ditch my car and buy an economical one. Initially I looked at diesel. The Renault Clio DCI was getting 80-90 mpg. But with the current frenzy over VW diesel scandals and governments wanting to ban diesels from certain cities around the world etc I decided to opt for a petrol car.

So I got rid of my pride and joy (which lost £9000 off it's initiall £21,000 price tag in just over 12 months of ownership) and bought a 0.9 litre Suzuki Celerio. Averaging 66.7 MPG at the moment. I've changed how I drive too, no longer a lead footed overtaking idiot. Now I stick to the speed limites everywhere I go. I felt like there was a bit of an ego death with buying the Celerio. I mean, I love driving fast and I love cars, but at the end of the day I asked myself what's the point. Flashy cars and driving fast are just an ego trip. There's no need to drive fast and overtaking a bunch of people on the way to work sees you get ahead of the pack for a while, until you hit traffic and then all the cars you overtook catch up with you.

Ed

Attachments

• 12341066_957591180986573_5921822431778495247_n (1).jpg
    12341066_957591180986573_5921822431778495247_n (1).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 38
ain't she a beauty? KLR 650 -- gonna black it out over the summer and put on an aftermarket skid plate. Someone backed into it the other day, and it fell on some poor guy's Brutale ;_;

GwmE5oRr.jpg

ain't she a beauty? KLR 650 -- gonna black it out over the summer and put on an aftermarket skid plate. Someone backed into it the other day, and it fell on some poor guy's Brutale ;_;

GwmE5oRr.jpg
Owies! Satin Matte black is a nice trend >=3. For some reason this smexy bike reminds mew a lot of this old TV series....
Yes, mew's an Ancient =P

Back