Please revisit the post-Lv. 200 Grind debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, @anime . I'm gonna level here. Your idea is a lot more complicated than mine. I'm talking about simply rewarding the player for the XP that the game is already continuing to count past Lv. 200. What you're proposing is potentially very messy and confusing. I think we need to make a unified front here and agree that we want SOMETHING and just let @Matt decide what it is.

Matt: It's pretty clear that everyone wants some post Lv. 200 progression, and the server population has been hurting pretty badly lately. I wash my hands of further discussion on this matter because the exact same thing happened in this topic as does every other. It's time for you to be the dictator and make a unilateral decision. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth from at least SOME people (ie. changing the Ep. 2 drop charts so that Ep. 2 didn't absolutely suck), but the end result will be overwhelmingly positive and people will come back. It might take awhile for everyone to notice, but it'll work.

(Then maybe we can talk about adding a new difficulty setting... lol not now though)

I hope some others still speak up, but I have other things I need to work on where I won't be opposed / punched / kicked at every turn. Perhaps this is why I've been so successful in my career, though. I have to argue HERE, in the ninth circle of Hell, so having to argue financial matters with normal people is pretty easy by comparison. Thanks for all the pay raises, guys :)

Yea my proposal involved progressing colored names per prestige, possibly a Photon Sphere or something. I'm not deciding on a concrete reward, because everyone has different ideas for that. I'd just like to brainstorm ideas for this without shutting it down.

This. And I have to agree with anime. A prestige system with a name color change and possibly a Photon Sphere has been the LEAST controversial suggestion that I've seen, and only a few people have outright rejected the idea (regardless of whether or not it's possible OR "complicated"). Yeah, it's not the best suggestion, but it hasn't started NEARLY as many arguments or ego contests as the other suggestions in the last few topics of similar nature, and it's a STARTING POINT. We can, at the very least, build around and refine it, and hopefully (assuming this topic EVER becomes modest and tame like Matt WANTED the one from a year back to be) figure out something a little more concrete to bring to Matt and Sodaboy's attention.

I think I've posted enough too. Interested to hear what other people think about this. I hope we can reach a compromise where 200's receive some kind of reward, regardless of whether it gets implemented or not.

POWER TO ALL HUNTERS OF PSO

Reactions: Ade
I think we need to make a unified front here and agree that we want SOMETHING and just let @Matt decide what it is.
...why did you make this thread if you're saying this? @.@ you are not making very much sense here. are you just saying "All my posts don't matter, I got bored of arguing because people didn't agree with me" ???

I hope some others still speak up, but I have other things I need to work on where I won't be opposed / punched / kicked at every turn
people not agreeing with you is not the same as attacking you.

hidoomandmigium.png

right now we are not seeing eye to eye and we are the split Pan Arms. but I believe we can join once more.

we all want something post 200, you want an extreme advantage for the people who have spent the most time on their post lvl 200 characters, creating a larger divide between newer players and vets. I believe a type of reward similar to changes made before, like exchanging exp to an item/ticket/halloween cookie/etc would be feasible, and non-cosmetic as you'd like.

but however i personally would love cosmetics in return for post 200-exp or a rebirth system. the only reason i play pso is to be a cute racaseal and i know many, many, many others like me. we are strong with the highest defensive potential in the game and in real life. The RAcaseal can survive in the tumultuous ninth level of hell like it is her native enviroment. Her factory, her home, her birthplace. Because that is where RAcaseal players come from.
TN5lYVu.gif

TBH I think all the proposed suggestions do have some merit.

My only literal concern at this point is, for the HC playerbase, if name color changes were hypothetically implemented, how would that affect us?

I would also like to voice that if any post 200 perks are implemented, please don't leave us out of the party :3

hi, please refer to previous thread for current opinion

please present new data and/or case for suggested change on third attempt

prestige system shows potential on initial analysis, more data needed

unable to parse self-aggrandizing and political undercurrent running through thread

kind regards
racaseal

ade just wants higher drop rates cause he thinks with enough pds dab will one day separate from his cvulcs.

BUT REALLY, if you're bored playing pso cause you have no incentive to play...why not just play something else?

Onion.

After spending x amount of hours getting to level 200, I'd really rather not have to go back to level 1 to be optimal, and the thought of a system rewarding players for reverting to level 1 scares me.

I want to play my level 200 character and have some form of guaranteed progression while doing so. Slightly increased drop rates after attaining x amount of exp up to a cap would be cool. We already have weekly rotating boosts, custom events, etc, so I don't see a problem with riding the snowboard down the hill a little more so to speak.

First and last post here probably. I don't want to make any enemies but I did want to share my voice.

Onion.

After spending x amount of hours getting to level 200, I'd really rather not have to go back to level 1 to be optimal, and the thought of a system rewarding players for reverting to level 1 scares me.

I want to play my level 200 character and have some form of guaranteed progression while doing so. Slightly increased drop rates after attaining x amount of exp up to a cap would be cool. We already have weekly rotating boosts, custom events, etc, so I don't see a problem with riding the snowboard down the hill a little more so to speak.

First and last post here probably. I don't want to make any enemies but I did want to share my voice.

Agreed with the reverting to level 1, that is a good point and fair to bring up. Respectfully disagree with even slight drop rate increases, but maybe I'm just being petty. IDK honestly. :lenny:

I hope some others still speak up, but I have other things I need to work on where I won't be opposed / punched / kicked at every turn. Perhaps this is why I've been so successful in my career, though. I have to argue HERE, in the ninth circle of Hell, so having to argue financial matters with normal people is pretty easy by comparison. Thanks for all the pay raises, guys :)
Lay off the persecution rhetoric Ade. People criticizing a suggestion of yours does not warrant this "unenlightened hordes attacking my forward thinking genius ideas, luckily I'm super successful in real life tho so TAKE THAT HAHA" nonsense. It's bizarre how often you bring up your job in pso discussions. I cannot fathom why someone would believe that arguing about pso on the internet somehow strengthens their professional skillset. idk man, is the reason it's easy to "argue" financial matters with normal people just because you're following a script for phone calls?

I even agree that something can be done for post-200 experience but goddamn your posts get painful once the inevitable page 3 persecution complex essay stage starts

Just make a new char (more ids), enjoy the fruits of being a level 200 char, or maybe don’t play.
I am against the progression. Unnecessary. There are 12 very much playable characters in pso. Come back when you have all 12 at level 200, rather than just playing the optimal chars like ade and wanting to be innovatively rewarded for it.
Yea I love that fruitless 124125125 year hunt for a item that will never drop, and when it does it wont drop with the required hit because PSOBB is retarded and has EVA out the ass. Fuck fairness, it should all be luck and no effort rewards. /sarcasm
To my comrades who want a bit of extra help from rngesus, suck it up. With all your level 200’s, you should be able to hunt twice as fast.

Last edited:
@VENOM : It's pretty abnormal for someone to level all 12 classes to 200. Once you have all of the "most powerful" classes at 200, which I do, there's really no value-add in leveling others. That's a weak argument.

@mt76907 I feel periodically compelled to bring up my professional success because it seems that when I work with reasonable individuals who give my ideas a chance, good things happen. I can't even occasionally enjoy that here on Ephinea. I guess it's the server's loss that they don't value the opinions of highly experienced players. Yes, this sounds arrogant. No, I don't care. If the truth sounds arrogant and people want to cry about it, that's fine. I also feel like quite a "failure" here on this server because I've tried so many times to propose changes to increase the long term enjoyment of the game and failed. I don't want people to think I'm a complete failure at EVERYTHING, however.

You can sit there an laugh or judge, but it's hard to be on the "butt end" of a community that you care about and want to see grow, only to be opposed by spite at every turn. Maybe there is the occasional moment of hurt where you just want to say, "Oh yeah? Well I'm way more successful than you are, so piss off." Because you want to hurt someone back.

I'm not perfect. The difference between you and I is that I'm willing to admit it.

Ignoring the arguments...

Prestige was tried elsewhere and it ultimately was not that popular. People don't want to do the N-VH grind over again; prestige could be cool if you start in Ultimate again, but I think it would be better if there was just simply a usage for EXP after 200, so it's not a "wasted resource".

Also Ade, seriously... >_>

To my comrades who want a bit of extra help from rngesus, suck it up. With all your level 200’s, you should be able to hunt twice as fast.
Or wait for the OP events. :cool:

@VENOM : It's pretty abnormal for someone to level all 12 classes to 200. Once you have all of the "most powerful" classes at 200, which I do, there's really no value-add in leveling others. That's a weak argument.
There is a point in continuing to play the game though, if you get bored of Normal Mode because you feel "there's nothing left" then learn or get good at Challenge and Battle Mode. If you still don't find PSO is keeping your attention then I think it's time for you to find a new game.

I like the idea of turning excess exp into an item ticket for black paper that might just get me a scape doll for it cause it is black paper lol.

Though I like the idea of a cosmetic change more cause I also would like to turn my plain old boring red ring into a blue ring or turning my lt. mantel looking like the mouse armor cosmetic wise.

Also Gal Wind looks for cards, Rainbow Baton looks for slicers, and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back