Please revisit the post-Lv. 200 Grind debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're just being a contrarian for the sake of it. You're willing to jeopardize the potential of having countless players return to PSO for the sake of spiting me.
How in the hell is your ego inflated enough to think that I posted in this thread in support of post-200 progress just to spite you and/or be a contrarian?

How in the hell is your ego inflated enough to think that I posted in this thread in support of post-200 progress just to spite you and/or be a contrarian?

Because you hate my guts and you harassed me for two months outside of this community. It was also proven to be you. Why you're still allowed to exist here in any manner is beyond me.

Keep the game simple. The more the math that makes PSO what it is is deviated from, the more problems will inevitably arise. Level 250? What is this, Maplestory? ಠ_ಠ

Ignoring the arguments...

Prestige was tried elsewhere and it ultimately was not that popular. People don't want to do the N-VH grind over again; prestige could be cool if you start in Ultimate again, but I think it would be better if there was just simply a usage for EXP after 200, so it's not a "wasted resource".

Isn't this the angle that should be worked? Simple and reasonable. I can see why having a ton of time and exp on a 200 character would make you want some rewards for your efforts. But that's an entirely different story than wanting the level cap raised.

Keep the game simple. The more the math that makes PSO what it is is deviated from, the more problems will inevitably arise. Level 250? What is this, Maplestory? ಠ_ಠ

Isn't this the angle that should be worked? Simple and reasonable. I can see why having a ton of time and exp on a 200 character would make you want some rewards for your efforts. But that's an entirely different story than wanting the level cap raised.

Nobody wants the level cap raised. IF YOU HAD READ THE ENTIRE PREVIOUS TOPIC YOU WOULD KNOW THIS WAS NOT THE ISSUE. The issue is "how do we handle the post Lv. 200 EXP?" Nobody wants "Lv. 201, Lv. 202...etc." Maybe a sub-menu or something that shows your RDR boost (or whatever the reward is).

The last couple of pages have been the EXTREME vocal minority saying "Oh it's fine just quit if you're bored" while the rest of the community (the ones who PM me after my topics get locked and say they agreed with me) say NOTHING.

For those who tried and got drowned out by these clear, intentional attempts at subterfuge, I applaud you.

I always decide to fight on, but it never works.

To be honest Ade, if you find Challenge mode boring and you don't want to improve your Normal mode skill then there's not much left for you in the game. If the only thing that still gives you thrills is findind a once in a lifetime drop but it's frustrating because you don't have the patience to find it, it's not going to help with the situation either. You can stay close-minded and spite on time attack players bringing weak and fake excuses every time, saying this is boring and whichever arguments you will find; it's still the only viable long-term solution for you to experience a progression on this game. By the way, I'm sure we're talking about more than "a few seconds save", there's a real progression to experience.

To be honest Ade, if you find Challenge mode boring and you don't want to improve your Normal mode skill then there's not much left for you in the game. If the only thing that still gives you thrills is findind a once in a lifetime drop but it's frustrating because you don't have the patience to find it, it's not going to help with the situation either. You can stay close-minded and spite on time attack players bringing weak and fake excuses every time, saying this is boring and whichever arguments you will find; it's still the only viable long-term solution for you to experience a progression on this game. By the way, I'm sure we're talking about more than "a few seconds save", there's a real progression to experience.

@Zen

Real progression for those who rote memorize everything, but overall game skill (ie. behavior the first time running a brand new quest) gets pretty stagnant after awhile. It's an asymptotic function where you have to pour increasingly huge amounts of effort into the game to make the smallest of improvements, which is the same problem that post Lv. 200 progression has to begin with.

(Basically, you'll hit the same wall in TA.)

If you enjoy playing the game in hyper stress mode all day, more power to you. I prefer not to treat video games like work.

The last couple of pages have been the EXTREME vocal minority saying "Oh it's fine just quit if you're bored" while the rest of the community (the ones who PM me after my topics get locked and say they agreed with me) say NOTHING.

For those who tried and got drowned out by these clear, intentional attempts at subterfuge, I applaud you.

citation needed for the following:
'EXTREME vocal minority'
'the rest of the community (the ones who PM me after my topics get locked and say they agreed with me) say NOTHING.'
'clear, intentional attempts at subterfuge'

in future, please include full bibliography and references to back up your claims. kind regards, knowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back