Please revisit the post-Lv. 200 Grind debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an idea: Let's let the Lv. 200's ONLY vote on this in THREE MONTHS.
"I have an idea: Let's let the wealthy landowners ONLY vote on this on ELECTION DAY."
I can't believe I'm still here trying to do anything while a bunch of people who care about the game way less than me get to dictate my enjoyment of it.
The only person trying to "dictate" anything to anyone here is you, as evidenced by you directly telling Matt to be a dictator and go along with your opinion, as well as you calling for anyone who isn't level 200 to be left out of a discussion about the server. Get real.
Again, I don't care if this comes off as cold and unfeeling because it is a FACT. I have experienced it. So I'm either lying, or I'm mistaken. I seriously doubt either.
... or feelings are subjective, and you feel different things than other people do because feelings are subjective.
and these are the same people who believe that it's unfair that veteran players are wealthier than newer players, just to give an indication of their intelligence level.
Scathing. I didn't say the current balance of wealth was unfair, I just suggested it'd be unfair to further tilt the balance in the direction of, say, people who have 1300+ PDs lying around to spend on a lucrative item and demand that they be given more, because it's unfair that they're bored.
However, I MISS playing PSO with people. But JUST THE PEOPLE are not enough. There has to be a sense of progression that goes with it.
This is a feeling that you are missing, and it's subjective.
Do you want MORE people to play with, or LESS? It's your choice.
What a great oversimplification.

I can't believe I'm still here trying to do anything while a bunch of people who care about the game way less than me get to dictate my enjoyment of it.

Okay. That's it. I wanted to actually give this topic another chance, but seeing this RIGHT HERE confirms that there's a 0% probability that a compromise will be possible, since for you it's either your way or the highway, and fuck everyone else who doesn't accept your word without question. So I'm jumping off this train before it reaches its inevitable crash (just like the others that Matt and Sodaboy had to lock because of this kind of crap), because according to you, no one cares about the game unless they're level 200 (which I, for one, call bullshit on, because otherwise I wouldn't be trying to find opportunities to fit it into my time frame whenever I can, NOR would I be hanging around here OR the Discord).

Edit: Also, how do you expect the forums to tell who's level 200 and who's not (especially since you yourself prove that not everyone gives out their Guildcard ID)? You're practically asking for Matt and Sodaboy to waste their time trying to figure out which forum account owns what characters/game accounts JUST to police your poll and filter out the "non-200s", when they've got other, more important things they need to do that already take up a good portion of their daily lives.

Edit 2: Pretty sure @anime cares QUITE A BIT about the game (despite reportedly not playing as much these days), and so do a couple other admin and moderators (including Matt, the same one who you're "dictating" should be a dictator and go behind everyone's backs on this topic). I suggest, Ade, that you watch your words if you choose to continue down this route, lest you make enemies out of them and kill any hope of your ideas coming to fruition (if you haven't already).

Last edited:
I don't think we should earn better rates or boosts because we've reached level 200. As others have said, if you need more progression, make a new character or quit PSO. I'm still slowly grinding my gear like the rest of everybody else. Multiple level 200s later. PSO is fine the way it is and I personally don't want any more hand outs. We already get lots of great boosted rates. HBR this month was OP and summer event coming up. I don't think we need to revisit this topic to be honest.

A lot of the reactions to my "allow Lv. 200's to vote on this" was artificial outrage because someone dared to say that the opinions of more experienced people are more valuable than the opinions of less experienced people. Try being outraged at that assertion in any other field and see how far that gets you, but I did want to address @Ryan and @Zen :

Ryan: You are correct. It IS my subjective experience. And the subjective experience of countless others who don't post here anymore because they got bored and quit PSO. You are in the minority in thinking that the current "progression" post Lv. 200 is adequate.

Zen: First, I played plenty of Challenge mode back on Scht. It's boring and I don't ever want to do it again. Second, Time Attack is playing the same quest over and over to shave a few seconds off your time. Typically when you're hunting items and playing the same quests over and over, this is going to happen anyway. It just depends on whether or not you want to have a stick up your butt and strive for absolute perfection or are okay with playing adequately but are not concerned with pouring in huge efforts for tiny gains in efficiency. I'm in the latter group, which tends to make friends more easily because we don't criticize someone for using the wrong type of trap ONE time.

The main concern here is with NORMAL gameplay in ULTIMATE Mode, which is where 95% of PSO takes place. Stop trying to shift this over to topics that have nothing to do with the matter at hand. It's a BS tactic. THIS topic is about a previous topic that @Matt posted asking about Post. Lv. 200 progression in the MAIN GAME of PSO. Not all of this side crap. Stick to it.

Also, I would love HBR if the quest selection for it didn't absolutely suck. Mix it up a little. The Episode 1 Endless Nightmare quests are NOT well-designed, have too many empty filler rooms, and are used too often. MOST of the WoL and Ep. 4 Mop Quests are awful, too. (Most, not all.) Only the PW quests are decent, and I'm so sick of running those that I didn't even bother with this month's HBR.

Last edited:
This is the third time this thread that I've seen you ignore all the good arguments in a post and only reply to one bit of it.

Also, outrage that you disagree with isn't "artificial" or "false", stop saying that.

[citation needed]

Here's your citation:

sad1JZt.png

Combo breaker :cool:

Okay @Ryan . If you insist on showing everyone just how poor you are at arguing:

"I have an idea: Let's let the wealthy landowners ONLY vote on this on ELECTION DAY."

If the landowners were voting on a matter that primarily affected landowners ONLY, and had either no (or very little) effect on others, and if it was regarding a matter that only landowners would understand, then yes.

"The only person trying to "dictate" anything to anyone here is you, as evidenced by you directly telling Matt to be a dictator and go along with your opinion, as well as you calling for anyone who isn't level 200 to be left out of a discussion about the server. Get real."

Incorrect. I told Matt to go ahead and decide for himself because nobody can agree on anything, but it was evident that most people wanted SOMETHING. I did NOT tell Matt to go with my opinion. That is an outright lie.

"Scathing. I didn't say the current balance of wealth was unfair, I just suggested it'd be unfair to further tilt the balance in the direction of, say, people who have 1300+ PDs lying around to spend on a lucrative item and demand that they be given more, because it's unfairthat they're bored."

I haven't demanded anything here. I'm trying to get some additional sense of progression added to the game because I, along with many others, are having trouble feeling any satisfaction from PSO. YOUR solution is "just quit or play something else" but we're operating under the premise that people WANT to have a reason to continue playing PSO (which you're ignoring).

I have 1,300+ PDs because I can't find a damn thing worth sphereing because this game's drop rates, the necessity of hit %, and post Lv. 200 progression are horribly broken.

"What a great oversimplification."

No.

yeah, you might recognize them from great hits such as "getting a full night's sleep"

No. Not at 1:30 AM (Central Time).

EARLY in the evening when I get off work at 7PM Central Time, there's still hardly anyone on. And everyone just runs HBR, which like I said, sucks if there's nothing there you want to hunt.

If the landowners were voting on a matter that primarily affected landowners ONLY, and had either no (or very little) effect on others, and if it was regarding a matter that only landowners would understand, then yes.
It's a good thing none of this is true in this case!
Incorrect. I told Matt to go ahead and decide for himself because nobody can agree on anything, but it was evident that most people wanted SOMETHING.
OK. My point stands - you're the only one coming close to "dictating" anything here. Others are sharing their opinions and better ideas, and you're shooting them all down because they're not your ideas.
I haven't demanded anything here.
o_O
YOUR solution is "just quit or play something else" but we're operating under the premise that people WANT to have a reason to continue playing PSO (which you're ignoring).
I'm not ignoring it, I'm looking at the reality that I know a bunch of people with multiple level 200 characters who still play the game.
I have 1,300+ PDs because I can't find a damn thing worth sphereing
You have 1300+ PDs and you don't have anything worth sphering. Care to connect the dots and figure out what to do here?

@Ryan : I am purposefully ignoring the nonsense. Regarding the 1,300 PDs remark: Nobody is going to sell their very best equipment. You practically have to strangle someone to get a hit HS around here. (My personal best is 20 hit.) The only choice for many of these "once in a lifetime rares that most people would never sell" is to hunt them yourself. I'm past the stage where most players have anything to sell that tops what I have.

Just to give myself a reason to hunt more PDs, I offered Dab 1,300 and then 1,500 PDs for his legendary Charge Vulcans, both offers were understandably turned down, but what else should I strive for? I'm not wasting Spheres on a 20h HS and I'll have to pay 600 PDs for one better than that. No thanks.

I WOULD be okay with hunting a better HS if I felt like all of that EXP I'm accumulating was going toward something. Which puts us right back at the beginning and hence @Matt 's reason for the original topic.

The sense of progression is PART of the equation that goes with everything else. You might be okay without it @Ryan , but I'm not. And many others are not. As evidenced by their absence.

We've come full circle now. I ask you to imagine a world in which my idea is implemented and this somehow upsets someone enough to quit. Do you REALLY think that would happen, or do you think that a whole bunch of people would come back and the overall enjoyment of the game would increase? You're just being a contrarian for the sake of it. You're willing to jeopardize the potential of having countless players return to PSO for the sake of spiting me.

Last edited:
Your argument's starting to boil down from "I want more of a sense of progression" to "I want to get multiple once-in-a-lifetime drops, and I don't want to pay the steep PD price that comes with said items if I don't find them myself".

Ade is the most skilled person at undermining his own ideas I've ever seen. Every time he starts a topic to express some opinion, he yells at everybody else for not appreciating how brilliant he is, at which point his topic gets locked. Take a chill pill, dude. If that doesn't work, try smashing a few tables until you feel better.

@Aleron Ives : It's frustrating to see such small-time thinking ruining something that could be huge. It's easy to become resentful. And no, Ives, I didn't just "yell" at people. I argued against about as many points as possible in a 5 v 1 as anyone could, and I had a brief rant earlier about how it's frustrating to know that people IN REAL LIFE tend to listen to me and good things happen, but I can't get even a shred of success in the community of an online game. You grossly over-simplified this entire thing.

@Ryan : I would be okay with NOT getting once in a lifetime drops if I still felt like I was progressing toward SOMETHING while I was hunting them. You deliberately missed the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back