Player Commands

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
There are a few player commands that users of the server may not know, so I will describe them below.

/help - Displays all player commands in the lobby only.

/lang - Changes your quest language preference. (1=English, 2=Japanese) This command is currently only working on Auldrant and Lumireis right now. Will be working on Fodra tomorrow after I restart it.

/setname - Allows the leader to change the room name while in room.

/setpass - Allows the leader to change the room password while in room. If in lobby this command will set the join password for when you select "Meet user" from your search results.

/partyinfo - Displays information about the current party (can only be used on Pioneer 2 or the Lab).

/hbr - Displays your Hunters Boost Road progress and rank (can only be used on Pioneer 2 or the Lab).

/luck - Displays your current luck level. (Luck changes every day across all ships at 00:00 UTC.)

/forecast - Displays today's luck forecast.

/noluck - Disables luck boosts in any game led by you.

/bank - Switches between your character bank and the common bank shared between characters. (Useful for passing items between your 'toons.) (Yes, I know this isn't SEGA-like as SEGA didn't have a common bank. But we're going to keep this feature, like it or not.)

/lobby - Quickly returns you to the lobby. (6 min. cooldown)

/showwep - Enables or disables the showing of detailed SPECIAL WEAPON item pickups.

/matcount - Displays the current material usage for your character.

/killcount - Scans your inventory and reports kill counters for unsealable items.

/ping - Checks your ping to the currently connected ship. (Result tends to be inaccurate if you're moving around. So stand still and use this command.)

/time - Shows time in UTC.

/help - Lists these commands in-game.

ONE TIME USE PER CHARACTER commands:

/modname - Lets you change your character name one time, but will also calculate your section ID again unless you've previously used /modsecid (Names are limited to 10 characters or less. Must be under level 20 to use.)

/modsecid - Sets a section ID of your choice onto your character and locks it permanently. Even if you use /modname AFTER using this command, your section ID will not change. (Section ID controls the drops you get from boxes, monsters and even the stuff you see in the shop. Must be under level 20 to use.)

Valid section ID values are: VIRIDIA, GREENNILL, SKYLY, BLUEFULL, PURPLENUM, PINKAL, REDRIA, ORAN, YELLOWBOZE, and WHITILL.

You don't need to type them in caps, but correct spelling is essential.

---

Please note that /ignore is not a valid command here. If you wish you ignore users, go to the Guild Card menu (F5) and use the Block Senders list to permanently put them on your "blacklist". You can remove them anytime. Note that you cannot block any administrators or GMs ingame.

*** UPDATED WITH THE NEW /modname AND /modsecid COMMANDS ***

These are great! Any chance we could get a /magtimer as well?

I could probably do that, do you want it to show for like ALL the mags in your inventory?

Wouldn't it be easier to use a program designed to be a mag timer instead of using an in-game player command? I know there are a few programs out there for this purpose.

The thing is how easy to have it working within the game, without having to use another program (i would totally hate that). also some people play in full screen.
But I guess most if not all players have a phone, if your phone doesn't have any kind of alarm or timer... :?

Magtimer, from my previous experiences on servers, is based off of the feeding of the first mag. If you always feed them in the same order, the time allocated between mags should be ready to feed once the previous one has finished.

Soda, do you think in the future some sort of command that tells you how many materials you have used will be implemented? I know we should be tracking it ourselves :oops: but it would still be cool to have.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. I'll code that in and it'll work on Sunday. I'll add it to the maintenance notes.

OK, I'm done with the command. Like I said, it will be available to use on Fodra on Sunday. If you want to try it yourself right now, you can go to Algol/Dev and type /matcount.

This is how the output looks.

Attachments

• matuse.png
    matuse.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 855
Did you patch the BB client to always allow the big message window packet? In my past BB experience, the big window will only show one time on each game session. After that, you have to close the game and start it again to be able to see the window.

I didn't do any special patching, but we've always been able to use it as much as we want ever since the first release of Tethealla in 2008. Maybe the tests you guys were doing with the packet didn't have it formatted right? It's always worked whenever I wanted it.

There's 2 large windows. 1A and D5, they do the same thing in BB. however in GC D5 will respond with a packet when the window is closed. And this window will only appear the one time in GC. on BB however it works as many times as you like but no packet is sent back from the client when closed.

That's probably why, since Schthack used the USBB client with patches, it copied GC's inability to display the window more than once. Some GC versions won't display it at all or will crash if you try to use it, I think.

I've confirmed this today and looks like I had my facts wrong. D5 can only be processed 1 time. but other than that is processed the same way in that 1A is processed.

It might be a good idea to change the material counter to use the BB scrolling banner message, then, since using the big window means players will have to relog if they want to check their material counts more than once per game.

Back