Player Commands

Well 1A is used so it wont be a problem.
D5 actually isn't used at all in teth.

I prefer the matcount we got now then schthack had because schthacks would disappear too fast so you'd have to keep typing it to check fully what you got. x3

tofuman said:
Well 1A is used so it wont be a problem.
D5 actually isn't used at all in teth.
Oh, I thought 1A only worked in Ver.2. I'm pretty sure GC either doesn't respond or crashes when you use it, so I'm surprised BB supports it.

Can we get a command to let the leader change the party name? (like the leader can change the password with /setpass)

This would be useful in various cases, e.g., when needing help for a boss/switch, when changing purpose of the party (from "Mag feeding" to "Forest run"), when deciding to do a quest etc.

These commands would be neat if added:

/setname - In Game Only. Leader only command. Changes the name of the current room. Shows the new room name to everyone.

/setpass - In Game Only. Leader only command. Sets a password in the game. If you don't provide a password, it clears the current password. Announces this to everyone, but does not show the new password.

/canjoin - In Game Only. Leader only command. Quest only command. Allows players to join the current quest. Announces this to everyone.

/notjoin - In Game Only. Leader only command. Quest only command. Prevents players from joining the current quest. Announces this to everyone.

/canjoin and /notjoin would never happen.

You cannot join quests in progress with the exception of government quests. All other quests cannot be joined in progress.

For the record, this is because BB's new quest join packet is limited to synchronising the same information that the free play join packet synchronises (defeated enemies, opened doors and boxes, and items on each floor). BB doesn't have a way to store and relay information related to the quest itself so as to get new players up to speed as to what's happening in the quest (e.g. how much time is left on the timer in a Mop-up mission), so the only way to make such missions joinable is to add a lot of extra code to the server to track aspects about the quests and to manually relay that information to new players. The only reason the government quests are joinable is that they are clones of the freeplay maps where nothing "quest like" happens, so there's nothing extra that needs synchronising.

I got the idea from Schtserv since they had that feature.

I see. I would rather keep things how they are in that regard then. :)

can we have /killcount for weps and items that require you to kill X amount of mobs to enable the use command to transform into another item eg lame to excaliber,limiter to adept.ect?

not everyone has photographic memory to remember how many monster they killed.

When I restart the server in about 11 minutes, /setname and /killcount will be added.

/setname will change the game's name

/killcount will scan your inventory for items that have counters and report their kill counts.

Also fixed the Vol Opt /matcount exploit by changing /matcount to a scrolling banner at the top of the screen instead of a window.

In addition to that, fixed problem with Point of Disaster not showing up at the Quest Counter when unlocked. (Quest will still not show up if your team has not unlocked it or there is anyone in your room who is not a part of your team.)

falkenjeff said:
Was this the thing where people attacked the boss during their spawn animation?

Because I've had someone do this (to Vol Opt and Dragon) and blame lag. lol
Yeah, basically, that's what my matcount command accidentally allowed people to do. :(

OK, /showwep has been added to show or hide SPECIAL WEAPON detailed information.

Aleron Ives said:
Alternatively, you could patch the client to no longer allow you to issue shortcuts during cutscenes. :p
That's not how it worked.

What you did was throw up the /matcount window before a cutscene and then close it during the cutscene and you get free reign during those cutscenes.

Very useful for Dragon, Gol Dragon, Vol Opt 2 and Olga Flow 2. :p

Any reason the modname and modsecid is limited to under level 20? I had no idea of these commands and sadly had to choose a not-so-ideal name for a specific Section ID. Didn't realize this was an option and now I'm lvl 35.

Matt said:
What you did was throw up the /matcount window before a cutscene and then close it during the cutscene and you get free reign during those cutscenes.
Oh, I thought people were opening it during the opening cutscene and then closing it for the ability to run around during the Vol Opt cutscene (since there is no delay between the start of the fight and the cutscene, you wouldn't be able to open the window if shortcuts are forbidden during cutscenes). It wouldn't help for the form 2 cutscene, though, as you said.

OldSchoolRPGs said:
Any reason the modname and modsecid is limited to under level 20? I had no idea of these commands and sadly had to choose a not-so-ideal name for a specific Section ID. Didn't realize this was an option and now I'm lvl 35.
It prevents you from using one ID to hunt a bunch of valuable stuff in a difficulty higher than Normal and then changing your ID once you've found everything you want on the old ID, thus letting you get two IDs' worth of stuff.

He has a point though, the commands are not really listed anywhere ingame so if you don't look here specifically, you're not going to know about them. My friends had no idea these IDs existed and did the whole name#`12 thing before I told them.

Aleron Ives said:
It prevents you from using one ID to hunt a bunch of valuable stuff in a difficulty higher than Normal and then changing your ID once you've found everything you want on the old ID, thus letting you get two IDs' worth of stuff.

Makes sense. Wish I would've noticed it sooner.

Matt said:
He has a point though, the commands are not really listed anywhere ingame so if you don't look here specifically, you're not going to know about them. My friends had no idea these IDs existed and did the whole name#`12 thing before I told them.

Yeah. I found this server through reddit so I didn't even really look at the forum until I was 10+ hours into the game. Even then I only just noticed all these commands.

Back