Player Commands

If it's possible to do that via player command, I support it.

It is possible (it has been done already on other servers)... but I'm sure many people would complain xD
As always, up to Soda.

Why would people complain about it, Soly?

I always thought a command to restrict the maximum level of players allowed to access my room would be great. There always seems to be some high level players who want to plevel me

You can always ask them to leave and if they don't leave, leave the room and create another one with a password with the people who you'd be okay playing together with.

NDW said:
Just going from what I have seen, I think this wasn't before on the original game (if it was then dismiss this reply lol) and if you mess up, well, you messed up, not like you can just fix all the mistakes you make without any "penalty" which in this case would be make a new char.

A payment of some sort would be nice, but is fairly cheap when compared to the payment you would have to do without such a command/option

I'll buy Sodaboy a coffee as payment for a command. Done!

:mrgreen:

NDW said:

No matter what, there will always be at least one person who complains. :roll:

Forgot to post this, though it's been back for a little bit, /lobby works again, though it can only be used on Pioneer 2 and has a 6 minute cooldown.

Any way to just make it down at the area? There are some quest where you can't tp back up, and would be mighty convenient instead of just alt+backspacing.

/roominfo . Use this command to get information about the party where you are playing.

Output :

Roomleader : <theroomleader name>
RoomID : <the room ID>
Difficulty : <the difficulty>

People sometimes forget what difficulty they put the room on. As for the room ID, on ultima all players get the drops from the room creator ID even when that person is not in the area you are in. Not sure if the default teth handles it the same way.

There's already a somewhat similar command up already, which is /partyinfo: http://puu.sh/kQWhM/9582260d64.jpg

It doesn't give difficulty or the room leader like your command suggestion does, but room leader is a bit unnecessary (especially since the room ID sticks even if people leave now) and difficulty is also a bit unnecessary. I think forgetting your difficulty is a bit of a personal problem if you're somehow forgetting before hitting the first enemy...

I'd see no harm in adding them, but since the command is on a scrolling banner, it'd make it slightly more inconvenient as you have to sit around waiting for the information you want anyway.

There is sometimes people who forget very easily xD

I coded something similar to chuk, which would give you guildcard, name (just to relate the gc) and section ID of the players in the party.
But as how it works on Ephinea, it's pretty much not worth the hassle.

For the GMs

the /ban command could be improved to accept a 2nd optional parameter : banReason
This parameter is an integer that maps to a predefined string and gets stored in the db (only the number so we can reuse the isBanned column)
When the player logs in, they get the generic message "You are currently banned from this server" and if the isBanned is higher than 1, teth should try to add the banReason string to that message.

That way a player knows what he/she is being banned for.

Example:

/ban 42000001 4

switch banReason

Code:
Case 4:
return "Infinite mag feeding"
break;
Case 5:

The db stores isBanned = 4

When the user logs in, he gets the message :

You are currently banned from this server
Reason: Infinite mag feeding

EDIT: doesn't need to be hardcoded ofcourse, a parameter file with ban reasons would be cleaner, and make it available for the GMs so they know the options

Back