Magatama : a Modern Mag Planner/Calculator [ BETA 9 ]

Aether89

Creator of Magatama
Guildcard
Hi i would like to present to all of you "Magatama : a Modern Mag Planner"

I am currently Looking for any willing person to help me by testing it and giving me feedback on it.

To be honest it would not exist without Mag Farm Version 0.9.7r2 by James Baxter

Why did i start working on it well i had some personal issue with Mag Farm.

1. I had problem with the drop-down list not showing their content, it has since resolved itself
  2. The user interface is in my opinion somewhat outdated and clunky.
  3. Can't Update the Feeding Chart.
  4. No Description for the Photon Blast
  5. Lack of the Blue Burst Mag Cells.
  6. Can't save the current Session for later use, only Export History.

[ Current Features ]

General

• Include the Feed charts for Version 1 & 2 and also Episode 2 and Later.
  • Include all Mag & Mag Cells.
  • Can Save the current Mag and load it later time.
  • Can Export the Output to Rich Text Format.
  • Can Easily see how many items have been feed in total and their individual cost.
  • Can Mass Feed an items by editing the Quantity Column then pressing it own button, if it is at 0 it will presume 1.
  • Can Mass Feed multiple items by pressing Mass Feed and it will feed every item with a quantity higher from 0 by Starting from Monomate to end at Star Atomizer.
  • Color Syntax in the Output.
  • Can Easily Edit the Mag by Pressing F2
Settings
  • Can change the Game Version to Load on new Mag
  • Can Edit the Default Selected Class and Section ID
  • Can edit the time between feeding
  • Can Edit the Default Stats for a New Mag.
  • Can toggle On or Off Racial restriction on Mag Cells.
  • Can Edit the Cost of each items

MagDex
  • Can See Details about each Mag : Feed charts, Activation trigger and Percentage, Photon Blast.
  • Can Edit the Previous Details and the Feeding Charts.

Customisation
  • Can Edit the text and Color of Most of the UI by editing Theme.xml in Data
  • Can Edit most of the text by editing the appropriate xml files
  • Can Easily change the includes images

[ Download Link ]

[ Keyboard Shortcut ]

- Magatama
  • Press [ CTRL+ N ] to Start a New Mag.
  • Press [ CTRL+ Shift + N ] to Start a New Blank Mag.
  • Press [ CTRL+ O ] to Open a Previous Mag save data.
  • Press [ CTRL+ S ] to Save your current Edit
  • Press [ CTRL + S ] to Save As...your current Edit as a new files
  • Press [ CTRL+ E ] to only export the Output
  • Press [ ALT + F4 ] to Exit the Program
  • Press [ CTRL+ Z] to undo the last feed item
  • Press [ CTRL+ Y] to redo the last feed item
  • Press [ CTRL+ R] to reset all the quantity column to zero.
  • Press [F1] for the About Magatama... Screen
  • Press [F2] to Edit the Mag Stats and the History. It unlock them no second interface.
  • Press [F3] to open the Settings Window

- MagDEX
  • Press [ Ctrl + S ] to save the current Mag Data
  • Press [ CTRL + SHIFT + S ] to save the current Feeding Table
  • Press [ ALT + F4 ] to Exit the Program

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any suggestion or issue , i would be happy to hear about them.

For more Screenshot Look in the Magatama Album here on Pioneer2.net
Source Code available on GitHub : https://github.com/Aether89/Magatama

Last edited:

[ TO DO ]

To Determine !

[ BUGS/OVERSIGHT ]
[FIXED in Beta 3] - Beta 2 - Stage 3 Evolution don't seem to work.
[FIXED in Beta 5]- Beta 4 - Stage 3 evolution don't learn PhotonBlast ( Spuz )
[FIXED in Beta 5]- Beta 4 - Stage 3 Wrong Evolution Ranger Tybe B 50 Dex>= Pow > Mind( Spuz )
[FIXED in Beta 5]- Beta 4 - Hearts of Devil not working Correctly ( Spuz )
[FIXED in Beta 7]- Beta 6 - Stage 2 evolution stalemate condition overwrite the default choice.
[FIXED in Beta 8.1] Beta 6 - Total count of items in the Output not resetting when mass feeding
[FIXED in Beta 7]- Beta 6 - Mag Cell Pioneer Parts caused the program to crash, cause missing s in Pioneer Parts, ( Henonk )
[FIXED in Beta 8]- Beta 7 - Mag Tier 4 evolve into other form.( flatmen)

[FIXED in Beta 8.1] Beta 8 - Had an extra space in the output when loading a mag.
[ CHANGE LOG ]

- Beta 9
[ Features ]

• Contextual Menu to increase or decrease by 6 set value, by default the value are 5,10.25,100,250 or 1000 but can be changed in the settings.
  • Added Contextual Menu for the Quantity and Stats to allow to immediately set the value to 3, maximum,half the maximum or zero.
  • Added a progress Bar that display when Mass Feeding and can decide in Settings the minimum value needed to trigger the loading bar.
  • On Level Up display the current new stats.
  • Can change the color of the level up message.
  • Can change the color of the Stats progress bars.
  • Can change the color of the Stats that show after level up in Output.
  • Can Change the Maximum Value for the item Qty in the Settings menu
  • In settings show a warning before saving that for change to take effect need to reload or start a new mag.

[ Fixed ]
  • Remember the path of a file when opening a save.
  • Now possible to change the string for the level up
  • Updated the Credits
  • Increased the Max value for Total Cost to be at it Maximum
  • can now edit the text in the menu
  • Can edit the Text and color of the tab in Settings
  • Fixed the issue of the next items being black after opening a save, previous method only worked for undo and redo.

- Beta 8.1
[ Fixes ]

• Removed the Extra spaced added in the Output when loading a mag.
  • Changed the order for the Section ID to the order of the Drop Tables
  • Fixed the feed counts reset not using the appropriate variables, caused it to not reset when mass feedings.
  • Increased the default value of the Quantity Numeric up down from 100 to 1000.

- Beta 8
[ Features ]

• Can set mag default stats.
  • Can load a Blank Mag from the menu
  • Formatting of the Output with color and fonts.
  • Added a Version Check on load of save file
  • Added Feedcharts for PSO Version 1 or 2 ( Ep1 )
  • MagDex have the option to load Ep1 or Ep2 Feedcharts

[Fixes]
  • Output Export as been modified to be in Rich Text File format.
  • Upgraded the PhotonBlast to use xml to populate list.
  • Redesigned the Settings Interface to use tabs.
  • Change the file structure to use number rather than text, easier to translate and easier to fix typographical error.
  • Fixed some typographical error.
  • Added Episode to Mag data files.
  • MagDex now start at the feeding chart.
  • Optimized the Feeding Code.
  • Fixed and error with Mag Tier 4 Evolving

- Beta 7
[ Features]

• Added a message in the output when the mag gain a level.
  • The list are now populated from the data contained in a files.
  • Added Different Version for How to populate the list, Ep1 ( Version 1 ), Ep2 ( Ep I & II ) and Ep4 ( Blue Burst )
  • Changed the Interface of Magatama Editor and renamed it to MagDex.

[ Fixes ]
  • Fixed a typo in spelling the first force mag evolution wrote Vitra rather than Vritra
  • Fixed the output log item count not being updated until the Mass Feed was completed.
  • Change the Stage 2 evolution as the ways the stalemate was coded, caused a Vritra to always evolve into a Namuci. Same for the other with their respective condition.
  • Fixes Stage 3 evolution not evolving when Class changed.
  • Pioneer Parts causing an errors when used, caused by a missing s in Pioneer Parts. error found by ( Henonk )

- Beta 6
[ Features ]

• Added a Redo and Undo Function to undo or redo the last feed item. ( Work with mass feed )
  • Added a Total Cost column for each item
  • Added the Mag Elenor and it Mag Cell Heart of YN-1107
  • Added Message for when the mag doesn't fulfil the requirement to use a Mag Cell.
  • Added Conditions to show Errors Message for when certain Mag Cells are tried to be used on a Stage 4 Mag.
  • Added in the Settings the ability to toggle on and off the Mag Racial Restrictions
  • Can Change most of the text in Magatama and the tooltips text and the color of the text that is over the background by editing Theme.xml
  • The Output now display next to the item the number of said item used since evolution rather than the total
  • The Output now display the number of cycle since last evolution rather than the number of cycle.
  • Can now reset the Quantity numeric up down to zero by pressing [ Ctrl + R ]
  • Toottips over DEF,POW,DEX,MIND, the element of the Quantity column, the Mass Feed button and the Feed button next to the list of Mag Cells.

[ Fixes ]
  • Added Skyly to the list of Section ID as i had forgotten to include it.
  • Changed the formula to calculate the showed Cost in Meseta
  • Changed the Title of the Windows contains the Stage and name of the Mag.
  • Change the Feeding Cycle Count value to be set to 0, rather than the previous 1.
  • Changed the evolution check to use the current level as the first check and then the mag stage when necessary.
  • Added Stalemate conditions to stage 2, evolution
  • Redid Stage 3 evolution check.
  • Changed Stage 4 evolution to only check the stats requirement depending on the Section ID Group, when they were separated a level 100 Mag with 25 in all stats would only evolve for a Greenill, Oran or Purplenum.
  • added the forgotten level Conditions to the Liberta Kit mag cell

- Beta 5
[ Features ]

• Added a Conditions that when you start it wont show evolved into a Mag
  • Added a default filename for the saved profile and the exported output. It follow the nomenclature Class_SectionID_Stage_Mag for a save and add _Output at the end for when Exporting the Output.

[ Fixes ]
  • Fixed thats when you saved a Mag the output would print the last content of a variable. CAUSE : the variable was a remnant of old code before i optimized the save feature.
  • Fixed Angels Wings and Devil's Wings not working. CAUSE : I had forgotten to put the s in Wings
  • Fixed the Third Stage Evolution not learning their Photon Blast. CAUSE : The dynamic removal of the Photon Blast from the First and Second caused the third one to have no selection.
  • Fixed a Typo in Settings that caused a RAmar set as default to not work. CAUSE : i had written RAMar.
  • Fixed Stage 3 Evolution for Ranger. CAUSE : I had written the wrong Mag name.

- Beta 4
[ Features ]

• Added all Mag Cells Evolution

- Beta 3
[ Bug Fixes ]

• Fixed the Third Stage Evolution not Happening. CAUSE : the conditions to make sure a Fourth Stage Mag would not devolve into a Third Stage one was set incorrectly in that it required the mag to be in it Fourth Stage to evolve into it third stage form.

-Beta 2
  • Initial Public Release here on Pioneer2.net

Last edited:
What an absolute champion, I'd help you test it out but I don't have enough time to make mags right now. I'll give it a shot in about 2 weeks though!

That PGP profile you uploaded is great, keep it up man.

Well then you will probably be able to use an improved version in two weeks, i am adding some nifty new interface and quality of life improvement.

The PGP profile i mostly made it for myself, then i realized other might like the improved controls in their game without having to fine tune everything.

What i mean is that normaly a Stage 3 Mag ( level 50 ) can change form every 5 level.
Example we have a Bluefull Humar with a Level 54 Kama with the following stats and progress
DEF 9 / 0
POW 15 /0
DEX 15 /0
MIND 15/21
at level 55 if we feed it more monofluid it will change form to be a Bana
But if the Stats were
DEF 9 / 99
POW 15 /0
DEX 15 /0
MIND 15/99
if we feed it a Star Atomizer it would Gain Two level by eating one item thus skipping to 56 and not changing form, but the ways i coded it the evolution would still take place, as each stats are separated and verified individually, and each check do the evolution Verification individually, it pass for Stage 1 ( Level 10 ) & Stage 2 ( Level 35 ) mag as they would still evolve, but stage 3 which should not evolve if it not the first evolution.

So i am getting to press this like button, as you helped me by making me explain the problem to you and made me realize that the fix is simple to do but i also need to edit the Stage 1 et Stage 2 Evolution Check . And also while trying to find semi-plausible Mag with almost equal stats i discovered they're may be still some issue to fix, that i wasn't aware off. I tried to test as much as i can but i will obviously miss some combination.

What i mean is that normaly a Stage 3 Mag ( level 50 ) can change form every 5 level.
Example we have a Bluefull Humar with a Level 54 Kama with the following stats and progress
DEF 9 / 0
POW 15 /0
DEX 15 /0
MIND 15/21
at level 55 if we feed it more monofluid it will change form to be a Bana
But if the Stats were
DEF 9 / 99
POW 15 /0
DEX 15 /0
MIND 15/99
if we feed it a Star Atomizer it would Gain Two level by eating one item thus skipping to 56 and not changing form, but the ways i coded it the evolution would still take place, as each stats are separated and verified individually, and each check do the evolution Verification individually, it pass for Stage 1 ( Level 10 ) & Stage 2 ( Level 35 ) mag as they would still evolve, but stage 3 which should not evolve if it not the first evolution.

So i am getting to press this like button, as you helped me by making me explain the problem to you and made me realize that the fix is simple to do but i also need to edit the Stage 1 et Stage 2 Evolution Check . And also while trying to find semi-plausible Mag with almost equal stats i discovered they're may be still some issue to fix, that i wasn't aware off. I tried to test as much as i can but i will obviously miss some combination.
I could be wrong (and i haven't tested this recently) but doesn't the mag still evolve, even if you happen to get 2 levels at once and go from 54->56?

The sad thing is the information about mag seem to be dispersed a little bit everywhere.
I got the information from here "http://pso.wikia.com/wiki/MAG".

I will try to do a test to validate or invalidate this information, will have to plan for it to have stats that are near equal, same for the Mag that wont evolve if def >= 45 with the exception of Force. At least for the Level 45 DEF i have Four source that seem to correlate it. once again "http://pso.wikia.com/wiki/MAG", this one http://universps.online.fr/pso/bb/mags/mags_evolutions.php this one http://www.pscave.com/pso/mags.shtml and Good old Mag Farm. Tough i less sure of relying on Mag Farm because if the stats of a Level 49 Mag get to POW=DEF=MIND at level 50 the mag does not evolve in it, to verify i made a test in an emulated version of Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 Plus for GameCube and the mag did evolve, and the previous source correlated with this test.

Kinda sad they're no fast ways to set the stats of a mag just for the purpose of making these test.

Kinda sad they're no fast ways to set the stats of a mag just for the purpose of making these test.
You could actually make a sandbox account, download Soly's 'item creater' and make/test there at any stats you desire.

Reactions: Mad
i was aware that sandbox allowed for item creation command, but i tough it was for weapon or armor only.
And that Soly's items Creator can set the progression will save a lots of time. That will be a time saver, as even emulated with unlimited feeding and items as i still needed to feed it manually.

Sandbox Mode here i come.

Yeah it's great for testing!

Actually it can also help in making a conversion chart from the game progress bar to number easier to do.

--- Update ---
Confirmed - If a Mag skip from level 49 to 51 it wont evolve until it retry at level 55

Debunked - I tested multiple Level 49 mag on a RAmar each with DEF > 45 and it would still evolve and if the stats is only DEF i also tested with a HUcast and i came to the conclusion it will evolve according to the character Class. Hunter will get a POW>DEX>MIND, Ranger will get DEX>MIND>POW while Force were partially covered by their DEF special evolution and if only DEF at level 50 they seem to get MIND > POW + DEX

Last edited:
I'm not sure where else to put this, but I think there might be a small error somewhere in this MAG planner.

According to Magatama, feeding a MAG nothing but monofluids until level 35 exclusively on a Redria RAmar yields a Mitra with PB#1: Estlla and PB#2: Pilla.

But what I got instead was a Tapas with PB#1: Estlla and PB#2: Mylla.

The MAG in question was originally from a throw-away level 1 Whitil HUcast. However, it was never fed, not even once, by the HUcast. It was taken immediately after character creation and put into the shared bank prior to the first feeding. The MAG in question has not been put back into the bank after any feeding, either.

I have no idea if this info is helpful at all, but I figure I would point it out just in case.

Mind as highest value on lvl 35 Ranger mag yields to Tapas (Twins), so bug is in magatama.
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1241

EDIT: Sorry, I just downloaded Magatama and fed only monofluid on Ramar Mag and got Tapas (Twins). Guess you did something wrong there. Or maybe had something to do with setting / resetting stats manually?

Looks like my issue was that I was using the Beta6 version, and not the new version that was just released like yesterday. I guess that's a good confirmation that this particular bug has been fixed.

Yeah that was an issue i introduced in BETA 6 by accident when i added the stalemate conditions ( DEF is the Only Stats or 2 or 3 stats are equal). Glad to see more people using it :).

Hi, nice app you have there, is it "compatible" with PSOGC in a way ? Did SEGA only add new mags or did they modify feeding charts for BlueBurst ?

Reason is Aleron Ives, with his PSOGC patches kind of revived the game to my eyes. The latest being an "Item Loss Prevention" patch. Also I finally have a set up with working online play on Dolphin Emu using my own dump of the disc I made with a modded wii. I'll be playing on Sylverant.

Last edited:
Great, Magatama is pretty legit ! I guess a mat-plan solver would be kind of hard to implement wouldn't it ? (Like "I want a lvl 100 PWR Sato" and it outlines the steps with or without taking into account current character class & ID)

Does the Ralf guy roam around these forums ? If yes "Thanks Ralf! ^_ ^"

Also, my brother and I are big fan of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne Lucifer's Call, so Magatama as a name speaks to us @_@

Last edited:
STOP GIVING ME IDEA ! LOL.
In theory this should be feasible but would not necessarily give the most cost effective options and Photon Blast.

First before trying to implement a solver i will complete the switch that will make it easier to update and add Game Version.
The reply of both of you MagicLuthee and Aleron Ives gave me the spark on how i should implement multiple Version, which in other term also mean i have to redesign the Settings design as more information need to be displayed now.

On the bright side less dwelling on the code side will be required to add Different Version, which mean possible to use one version of the program and be compatible with different server.

These new options may be more in BETA 9 than BETA 8, as BETA 8 is finalizing the switch from the Mag name in the code to be replaced with number, easier to create translation and fix typos, and will need to test the stability of these change first.

Back