Keyboard won't work properly (not IME issue)

popcorn

I installed PSOBB on Mac (running through Wine) but I can't get the keyboard to work correctly.

Initially I was playing using a PS4 controller. This worked fine, but it wouldn't let me type anything.

Today I've now lost the ability to type my name and password on the initial menu - even without the controller plugged in - so I can't log in.

I've tried enabling and disabling IME but this hasn't fixed anything.

I've also searched for similar problems. There are lots of people who have reported different kinds of keyboard problems, but the only one that sounded like mine never got a reply and according to the poster just went away on its own.

Any ideas?

I'm on Windows 8.1 and I have the IME off as well but I'm also having the same problem. When I go to sign in the keys on my keyboard don't type at all but I can move the cursor up and down with the arrow keys. Is that the same with you?

tl;dr You have to press enter on the text boxes for the name and password in order to type in it, it will light up green when you can type and be orange when you can't.

I figured it out! It's not a bug, you just have to press enter on the text box, type in your name, then press enter again to confirm that. Then you can go down to the password and press enter on it then type your password and press enter again to confirm that. Then you just go down to the confirm button at the bottom and then it should sign you in.

When I go to sign in the keys on my keyboard don't type at all but I can move the cursor up and down with the arrow keys. Is that the same with you?

yep, same.

tl;dr You have to press enter on the text boxes for the name and password in order to type in it, it will light up green when you can type and be orange when you can't.

I figured it out! It's not a bug, you just have to press enter on the text box, type in your name, then press enter again to confirm that. Then you can go down to the password and press enter on it then type your password and press enter again to confirm that. Then you just go down to the confirm button at the bottom and then it should sign you in.

This isn't the issue for me unfortunately. Pressing enter selects the field, but nothing happens when I type.

Back