Items that were just flat let downs:

For what it's worth, I actually suggested magic water be a drop during our episode 2 drop chart remake debates.

Nice. Eden went as far as adding Photon Booster to drops. Yep. Hopefully that made you laugh. :rolleyes:

You know, I've heard a lot of chatter that, despite the Ep. 2 chart updates, that VR Spaceship is still very weak, and I agree. Perhaps some of the Gallon's Shop items could be added there? (They would have to be pretty rare so that it would still be viable to purchase them from Gallon instead of hunting them.)

BlitzkriegAJ, a friend just linked me this thread after I heard of your DM comments. And before I go any further, I'll go and say I'm a very experienced PSO player along with a few names I recognise in this thread. Every argument that you've put forward for Dark Meteor to be better than anything a Ranger can hold is completely false. Combo-locked Dark Meteor with vanilla ATP is absolute trash.

If you're using it for general damage on mobs, a sacrificial Arms beats it hands down no questions. Do you want to hit 1500-2000+, or less than 1000 with a bad attack speed.
You say DM special is what you use for Olga Flow phase 1, maybe try out a Heaven Striker. You'll kill Olga 1 so much faster using NSS or HSS combos. The special of HS has infinite height. When Olga comes to the platform, swap out to charge vulcans with NSS combos, or even just stay with HS.
Vol Opt form 1. I'll assume by your sig that you're a RAmar. Go grab an Excalibur, v801, and use Gizonde, you'll kill him in a matter of seconds and you'll stunlock him. For form 2, what do you use? DM? Try using sacrificial Arms, or a Baranz Launcher. It only hits 4 targets, but Vol Opt form 2 only has 4 parts.
For Barba Ray, Gol Dragon, and Gryphon, a Cannon Rouge is far superior. Not only is it much more damage, but the shell travels instantly meaning that even if the boss is moving, you'll always hit it. Though with DRL and Barba you would Excal when it jumps on the platform. Excal hits 3 targets and you only have to 3 targets of worm bosses because of how their health pool works. With Gryphon and Gol Dragon, swap to charge Arms when it hits the ground. Make sure you hit Gryphons head, more damage.
Worm bosses have weird health pools. Killing 3 body parts with Excal is much faster than using a penetrating weapon (DM special/Snow Queen) even though you're hitting 10+ body parts.

So to close, Dark Meteor with vanilla ATP and being combo-locked is completely terrible. However, there is one thing that a DM can do better, and that is to hit a Dubswitch on the exact first frame it appears because of how DM's hitbox stays for a second, but really just shoot it with any gun and you'll hit it fast enough.

is guld milla considered overrated? since a generic with zerker kinda outplays it

Gush apparently works on invincible Dark Falz. Would use.

Also, since I can bothered to read now.

If you're using it for general damage on mobs, a sacrificial Arms beats it hands down no questions. Do you want to hit 1500-2000+, or less than 1000 with a bad attack speed.

You say DM special is what you use for Olga Flow phase 1, maybe try out a Heaven Striker. You'll kill Olga 1 so much faster using NSS or HSS combos. The special of HS has infinite height. When Olga comes to the platform, swap out to charge vulcans with NSS combos, or even just stay with HS.

Vol Opt form 1. I'll assume by your sig that you're a RAmar. Go grab an Excalibur, v801, and use Gizonde, you'll kill him in a matter of seconds and you'll stunlock him. For form 2, what do you use? DM? Try using sacrificial Arms, or a Baranz Launcher. It only hits 4 targets, but Vol Opt form 2 only has 4 parts.

For Barba Ray, Gol Dragon, and Gryphon, a Cannon Rouge is far superior. Not only is it much more damage, but the shell travels instantly meaning that even if the boss is moving, you'll always hit it. Though with DRL and Barba you would Excal when it jumps on the platform. Excal hits 3 targets and you only have to 3 targets of worm bosses because of how their health pool works. With Gryphon and Gol Dragon, swap to charge Arms when it hits the ground. Make sure you hit Gryphons head, more damage.
Worm bosses have weird health pools. Killing 3 body parts with Excal is much faster than using a penetrating weapon (DM special/Snow Queen) even though you're hitting 10+ body parts.

I don't use it for general damage on mobs. Who does that.

I use HS. Yes I know about height glitch. Are you expecting every RT I play to be with LV200s with DFs and 100% Dark HSs that kill it before it even has chance to go below platform? Because I don't. Wait, please don't tell me you're assuming I use DM special for damage on Olga... How many times do I have to say "glitch" for people to know what I'm using DM on Olga for. Did I forget to mention a CR can do it, too, albeit a lot harder timing?

I use Needle for Vol Opt, I'm not keeping a V801 just to Vol Opt glitch. If I'm playing in a party a FO can do it, and the FO usually makes me Needle to conserve TP anyway.
For form 2 I use Charge Arms. Why would I use DM.

Barba Ray, S-Rank Berserk Launcher is superior. I've used CR for years and it rarely hits for more than 2-3 body parts. Trash. DM is more fun than CR.
Gol Dragon. Run up and use Charge Arms. Meteor when in air. Dead. CR is shit for it and shells miss. Again, I've used a CR for years so don't say I don't know this stuff. Also again, I could just use S-Rank Berserk Launcher.
De Rol, yes, I Excal when De Rol is on boat. CR? lol S-Rank Berserk Launcher.
Gryphon, DM hits more body parts, CR shells miss, CR rarely hits for more than 2-3 body parts, DM is easier to aim.

Why are you telling me game mechanics I already know lol :rolleyes:

CR is trash, S-Rank Berserk Launcher is superior to it and I only use DM because, as I've said already, I'd rather have a weapon with more utility uses and decent enough damage with a stack of 50s and some good buffs and debuffs. I could have both, and I might, actually, given I feel I could make room for 1 more weapon, but I'd still use a DM for its utility.
There's a certain guy around here who's probably better than all of you who PMd me saying "way to stand up for DM" and his opinion means more to me than the trash opinions around here, so I'll be sticking with DM kthx.

Anyone else wanna throw an argument that is worthless in the face of my glorious N/AB/H DM?
Actually, don't, because this is becoming a clusterfuck of everyone repeating themselves.

Great thread, though. Gave me a custom title idea.

Last edited:
I don't really understand why you're so upset about people saying DM isn't a great weapon. It's probably better if you stop attacking people for disagreeing, right from this post.

Also CR is better than S-Rank Launcher on Gal Gryphon, so it does have some use.

I like zerk needle for random close mobs that might escaped crowd control

Also 50h jizai is underwhelming, dls is better except for lizards or something

Back