Items that were just flat let downs:

Rune

Guildcard
So seeing that topic about Dark Meteor being a huge disappointment in vanilla and chatting about it in local yesterday made me want to make this:

Main selling point that is a lie: free grants special, along with the single largest largest attack tech boost in the game!

Its pretty much advertised as an uber IMO as well but it is worthless.

What it actually is: the special is a low level grants special that is only 1/2 the power or so as a high level normal one complete with far less range as well to work with (fan instead of a circle for a casting of grants and the fan has less range in general cause its a low level grants anyway).
The tech boost is a 50% boost to gibarta, which while it is the single highest tech boost in vanilla, its on the game's worse tech anyway.

To add insult to it: tp drain and the thing is combo locked as well in vanilla.

What beats it:
-Merc Rod for one. Hildeblue Head for Gibarta lol. Dark Bridge for more of an uncommon thing.

What could have been:
-The thing having a grants boost for one to use its special! Having more tech boosts and stuff like 1/2 tp cast like the other 2 uber rods for another. Really there is so much that could have made this weapon awesome
Main lying selling point: wait a bit and you have a high power attack that can hit 5 times in an attack. This card has more atp than any other card and more base ata as well.

Its another uber in rareness item that is 100% worthless. You need 2 rare items (one of which needs hit and lots of it) to use it.

What it actually is: the attack is done in a line even though it is spinning around you that A. could miss a target right in front of you cause the attack happens to be spinning around in default. B. has normal accuracy stat mods. C. doesn't do pierce damage so it won't hit more than 1 target anyway. D. The special is geist.

To add insult to it: the attack is very slow in charging, like think you can only attack 1 time in a minute slow that goes away when you switch weapons!

What beats it:
-Um, guardianna, gal wind, s-rank cards...Hitogata itself lol and its a bad weapon overall even.

What could have been:
-2 things: The attack could have just not been "combo locked" and instead of a line attack could have been the cards spinning around you to attack.
The thing taking forever to charge and not having a special and running off normal accuracy mods could have been forgiven I feel if the thing could use one combo before needing a recharge again. I mean 15 hits on a single target, with some of them being hard hits with a weapon with 350 base power would have been sweet!

All long swords. Their range sucks compared to DF. Combo-unlocked DF on Scht made all swords seem useless. At least partisans have some outward range.

I'm so emphatic about this that, if I actually found an SJS, I would sell it immediately regardless of %s.

Rainbow was able to smack worm and ray from the raft. It was a bit broken lol.

Combo locks in general. I'm sure there would be other ways to balance the weapons(less damage, target limits and for the 2 dark weapons not hitting airborne targets etc).
Not including bazookas, that would just be silly.

Last edited:
Combo locks in general. I'm sure there would be other ways to balance the weapons(less damage, target limits and for the 2 dark weapons not hitting airborne targets etc).
Unlocked Dark Flow is ok with nerf to vertical hitbox, but bazookas are hopelessly broken? Boooiiiii

I think Three Seals is a huge let down. I mean, it has its uses, but for such a badass looking shield, it's certainly not up to par. Its boost to Razonde is also fairly limited. I think its (buffed) boost to all Ra techs made it really shine as a FO shield.

Ragol Ring and Black Gear are some other shields that I find profoundly useless compared to the obscurity in obtaining them.

Last edited:

That's actually a big one for me too. There are certain items with combo locks that regardless of vanilla or custom that simply are made useless due to them being locked, it's rather dumb. The most evident are glide, and siren glass hammer, but there are also ones like Iron Faust which are already outclassed by bazookas leaving the item (which costs a Photon booster) completely useless. It could at least fire twice or something.

One that disappoints me as well (being a gallons shop trade item) is the leaf fans. LESS than normal damage for a special? gimme a damn break. Yeah idk I just dont like the idea of having useless items that have a cost to attain them being made useless, it will eternally irritate me.

That's actually a big one for me too. There are certain items with combo locks that regardless of vanilla or custom that simply are made useless due to them being locked, it's rather dumb. The most evident are glide, and siren glass hammer, but there are also ones like Iron Faust which are already outclassed by bazookas leaving the item (which costs a Photon booster) completely useless. It could at least fire twice or something.

One that disappoints me as well (being a gallons shop trade item) is the leaf fans. LESS than normal damage for a special? gimme a damn break. Yeah idk I just dont like the idea of having useless items that have a cost to attain them being made useless, it will eternally irritate me.

... what's the problem with Glide? Glide is the last weapon that springs to mind when I think of "sux because it is locked".

I think it's more a case of "I don't understand why it's locked".

Stuff like Iron Faust, Dark Meteor, Dark Flow, Master Raven etc. become ridiculous weapons in their own right when unlocked, but stuff like Glide Divine and Power Maser aren't like this at all.

Dark Meteor is the single biggest disappointment in the game. Even unlocked it would still suck barring a few weird hitbox moments you could create with the special.
That and Double Cannon. Why the fuck do I have to find 3 11 star items for something that isnt even 800 atp. Also its special is fun to manually change direction but its still weak as shit.

... what's the problem with Glide? Glide is the last weapon that springs to mind when I think of "sux because it is locked".

Not so much that it sucks, but pointless to be locked. I should have been clearer with that. =p

Power Maser. Can't properly scare Rappies due to it being locked. Really need double hit to avoid scare cancel and the chance of ghosted Rappies on other clients. RIP. :'(

Dark Meteor is the single biggest disappointment in the game. Even unlocked it would still suck barring a few weird hitbox moments you could create with the special.
That and Double Cannon. Why the fuck do I have to find 3 11 star items for something that isnt even 800 atp. Also its special is fun to manually change direction but its still weak as shit.
Even combo unlocked DM is still weak. Having a combo lock kills the weapon entirely. :(

Does anyone know how to use a DM properly?
I'll just presume this is a big fat "no" and will continue to happily use mine until I sphere it to 100/100/0/0/50.
I joke that it should be unlocked when the topic comes up, but I'm seriously just joking, it's fine the way it is and unlocking it would be stupid.

Meh, pretty sure people are just mad that DM isn't as good as DF or DB overall.

Stupid is harsh, maybe they're ill-informed.

Really it can be easy to understand how they feel.

The item used to make it in general is a mini uber and for it you have:

-DF the great power but risky to use weapon
-DB easy way to spam magic freely with ease along with a boost to ok stuff IMO. Said boost is unique as well for the techs and the 50% cost is something that is only on an uber. And as long as you switch out every now n then and watch your hp there is no risk to it. In general the techs it boosts are the game's most expensive techs as well.
-DM hits through walls, piercing everything. And while it looks cool and is unique as well it is rather meh compared to the light show of DF and the utility that DB offers

DM is I guess just boring in comparison.

@BlitzkriegAJ

Unknown can you explain it for the stupid people like me? Your post didn't really explain as to why it shouldn't be combo unlocked. basically just a shot at how bad people are for not knowing how/where to use it with some useless extra info that u will happily keep using it. Might wanna share your wisdom.

I think a bunch of weapons are better or more suited for most situations. I can't think of a boss or situation where its not inferior to something else. Just a couple of scenarios i can think of are listed below:

Use it on barba/dal ral lie? CR beats it DPS wise
Dragon/gal gryphon same thing.
Use it on vol opt? Rather needle lock it or excal lock it
Use it to stop Delbiter or dorphon charge? i rather prefire Gifoie
Use it on zu? Gifoie and heaven striker.

The only stage i can think of where DM is good is in temple to shoot through the walls or a line of lillies. They have low hp and 1 shot is good enough to kill. Then again to have a DM for that specific reason is something i wouldn't personally use, since i almost never run temple.

I'd say i use charge/zerk arms or a baranz launcher over unlocked DM in most other situations where im mobbing.

Back