Introducing the PSO Rebalance Project: PSOBB REBORN

If you are into linux....
Recently looking into some wine and the tons of fixmes and errors wine/net outputs, decided to check mono....
It seems that with a few Path configurations (hint: look at the file names in nautilus on the background) I can get my C# stuff to run without wine. (ship server would still require it tho)
U40mu6X.jpg
Running PSO on Linux would be... interesting XD
I'm guessing this is just the server though.

Finished a major rework of technique boosts. More weapons overall have relevant tech boosts to promote tech usage for non-force classes, and the amount and availability of those boosts has been improved. The weapon stats document has been expanded to include all tech boosts in the game and what weapons they apply to.

Just a few moments ago added material limits per class.
The client limits it to 255 so you cannot do more than that in the server either.

I have yet to add max stat modifications... but have been lazy to do it...

Just a few moments ago added material limits per class.
The client limits it to 255 so you cannot do more than that in the server either.

I have yet to add max stat modifications... but have been lazy to do it...
So that would replace making those changes via client edits then?

It's still modifications of the client... just at a "different time" I guess but yeah, the idea is to provide the most configurations possible so people like you can get the most out of their ideas.

As for "configuration", I'm only adding whatever is required in the ship (max mats, PMT stuff, stacktable).. anything else will be with that patch system we were talking about.

Took the opportunity at college today to make a spreadsheet, since thats what the current ECDL module is covering, that let me plot a leveling curve for each stat for each class.

The lecturers response was something along the lines of "This course is really not challenging for you, huh..."

Anyway, you can check it out here or in the materials section of the main post.

Took the opportunity at college today to make a spreadsheet, since thats what the current ECDL module is covering, that let me plot a leveling curve for each stat for each class.

The lecturers response was something along the lines of "This course is really not challenging for you, huh..."

Anyway, you can check it out here or in the materials section of the main post.

Well then... seems like you have excel style programs down pat.

Just to let you know... decided to add max stats as login.
So its now like this
uKTz978.jpg

Anyone know the exact effect of ESP on HP reduction (Devil's/Demons) weapon specials?

Does it reduce its base 50% trigger rate, or does it affect the reduction itself? I am assuming the former but I can't find any exact information about it.

It does nothing whatsoever. Devil's and Demon's have a 50% chance to activate if you have enough ATA to hit the monster, period.

Another random question, I heard someone in the ultima forums mention that certain monsters negate tech boosts for incoming tech damage. Anyone know exactly which monsters do this?

Another random question, I heard someone in the ultima forums mention that certain monsters negate tech boosts for incoming tech damage. Anyone know exactly which monsters do this?
I'm like 90% sure slimes ignore tech boosts. They might just have really high resists...

Pofuilly Slime, Pouilly Slime, Vol Opt Ver.2 (form 2), Sinow Berill, Sinow Spigell, Sinow Zoa, Sinow Zele, and Gi Gue are the only ones I know about. Gibbles is also immune to the Native attribute.

Reactions: Esc
The spreadsheet is getting out of control now...

I have merged the "Monster Stats VS Player Stats" document with the spreadsheet so now I have an interface for making core changes while intended monster stats get automatically updated to reflect those changes.

Also made a bunch of general changes to class leveling totals, tailored around recommended mag level setups, instead of arbitrary growth rankings.

Intending to do another more complete rework of armour/frames/barriers/shields, firstly to establish a better progression, and secondly to make the differences between Frames/Barriers and Armour/Shields more interesting.

Armour/Shields will no longer have class restrictions (So Forces can wear Armour/Shields now.)

Instead Frames/Barriers will focus on providing better EVP and slightly better elemental resistances, while Armour/Shields will focus on providing more raw DFP.

The beginnings of a defence equipment table can be found on the spreadsheet as well, though it is currently pretty empty.

Last edited:
Back