Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
I was thinking of implementing some sort of feature where, the server tallies up the total amount of kills for the week and compares it to the previous week.

Counts would be reset Monday mornings, then checked Saturday mornings.

If the kill counter beats the previous week's kills, then an enhanced drop rate would take affect on the server as well as an increased rare enemy appearance rate, for about 3 hours on both Saturday and Sunday. Then the bar would be raised for what's expected next week...

If the kill counter fails to be reached, then the bar is simply lowered a bit and the server can try again the next week...

What do you think of the idea? If this is not a good one, do you have any other ideas you could pitch?

I would go with exp rewards instead of drop/rare enemy rewards tbh.

Unless you're fine with people spamming rappies in MA4 for 3 hours every Saturday and Sunday. (I don't want dem rappies nerfed even harder because of it :( )

Only thing I would suggest is maybe a day instead of 3 hours per Saturday/Sunday, as people have all sorts of schedules and could always miss them. Of course there are people who are on all the time but they'll always have more advantage than those with schedules.

I like the idea though, but I think there should possibly be some sort of specifics or exclusions so people don't do the same stuff all the time.

Well, I was thinking a global server total kill count, not tied to a specific quest.

Also, about the hours, time zones and what not, how about if it's the same 3 hours, but reduced to 2 hours, but for the local time of the ship? (This means, someone could potentially hop across the 3 ships and participate in 2 hours of the boost each time, for a total of 6 hours per day. But at different time zone offsets.)

That sounds interesting to say the least. It definitely encourages more multiplayer play.

Awesome is all I can say. I'm off sat/sun :cool:

I would support experience rates over drop rates, as those can be increased by playing with more people. I do like the rare mob thing though.

Perhaps I'll have 3 milestones then?

If you do over 100% of the kills for the previous week then milestone A is hit
If you do over 105% of the kills for the previous week then milestone B is hit
If you do over 110% of the kills for the previous week then milestone C is hit...

Each milestone could have different rewards. The rare enemy one will be the last milestone, though. Numbers subject to change.

Sodaboy said:
Perhaps I'll have 3 milestones then?

If you do over 100% of the kills for the previous week then milestone A is hit
If you do over 105% of the kills for the previous week then milestone B is hit
If you do over 110% of the kills for the previous week then milestone C is hit...

Each milestone could have different rewards. The rare enemy one will be the last milestone, though. Numbers subject to change.
I like it.

200% and we get all 3 for a weekend? :?: :twisted:

HA! I don't know, that could be milestone D. But, that'd be an extremely difficult one to hit, I'd have to look at the numbers. :p

Might not be the whole weekend, but could double the amount of time.

Well Sega did have overpowered boosts but had near unreachable milestones to get it in their past events. :p

My job will probably prevent me from experiencing the boost events, but having milestones to grind toward is always something I'm down for. And community events like this are my favorite thing. WORK TOGETHER AS A TEAM, FRIENDS !

I'm always a 'yay' for anything that can potentially boost drop/exp/rare monster rates. :D

Sorry I haven't gotten around to implementing this yet. Will try to get it ready for next week. Been working on stuff on the back end... Next up, before this, is offline mail support. (Just finished properly processing the BB_Map_Designate quest op code.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back