I want YOU! To join Hardcore

Bliz

Guildcard
Sometimes when I look at the pros and cons, I can't help but wonder why there aren't more HC players. I thought I'd do a little information spreading and let you know why it's a good idea to join Hardcore!

Let's look at the basic pros:
- +100% EXP gain at all times
- +30% RDR in all games created by you.
- +100% rare enemy spawn rate in all games created by you.

And the basic cons:
- Your character is deleted if you die without a Scape Doll.
- Scape Dolls are rarer.
- Normal players can't join games created by you. (You can still join games created by Normal players.)

Now, let's look at two more pros that people might not know about:
- Team Hardcore gives away Scape Dolls for free. Do you know how many Scape Dolls we have? LITERALLY HUNDREDS. I don't care if you're level one. Just ask someone if you're out of Scape Dolls. There's no reason to play without one, join us and we have your back.
- Hardcore has a very minor economy, this results in lots of good items that collect dust. We literally have a thread for you to ask for whatever non-uber item you want. It's very easy to gear up for this reason. There aren't lots of mags floating around, but we're typically willing to give people all the meseta they need to raise one, and a mag cell like Rappy's Beak.

If we get more Hardcore players, we can play more 4-person Hardcore games. That's 30% RDR and 100% rare enemy spawn for everyone. Aside from the mag, starting off is easy - free scapes, equipment, and meseta await you, and you've got constant bonus EXP to get to Ultimate quicker too. Join Today!

EDIT: We have a discord server specifically for Hardcore too!

Last edited:
I know those pros are supposed to be nice but I find it to make the game boring quicker. Once you have your lv200's with best items, there's nothing to do. I found the 300% exp bonus we had earlier way too easy. I'll probably make a purist account if anything after i am done with the normal style.

I think it's time to look into patching out Scape Doll loopholes (i.e. mooning to save scape dolls, Alt-BS to save scape dolls). No guarantee, but HC really isn't Hardcore at all if people have literally hundreds of Scape Dolls knocking about, considering how much people die in PSO.

But all my characters were made before HC, and I don't feel like crawling from the bottom again. :<

But all my characters were made before HC, and I don't feel like crawling from the bottom again. :<

It's really not so bad! We have lots of equipment for you and bonus EXP makes catching up easier.

I think it's time to look into patching out Scape Doll loopholes (i.e. mooning to save scape dolls, Alt-BS to save scape dolls). No guarantee, but HC really isn't Hardcore at all if people have literally hundreds of Scape Dolls knocking about, considering how much people die in PSO.

I am okay with patching out moon atomizers saving scapes.

Alt-BS, I dunno, it has the downside of ejecting you from the current game. That's pretty big.

Also the hundreds of scapes is a total, not per person. I think most HC scapes are owned by Spuz and I because we barely ever die and play a ton. I hear about people asking for scapes often but it's usually Spuz or I who are the ones giving them out. They are rare enough that others seem to struggle - I am okay with loopholes being closed but I hope they aren't made even rarer just because of us.

Well, I agree that those 'loopholes' should be taken away. Infact someday I hope they do. But that said dolls are not easy to get unless you have a high level who's spamming hbr and not dying. Which is very few of us. I see more players dying at a 20-120 range than anything else. Due to lack of dolls, gear and ability to play in general.

Regardless, I dont think buns intention is a discussion on what needs to be nerfed but rather trying to get some people to play HC.

So...

Things for those who are interested.
Whati personally like/dislike about HC.

Pros:
- We are a family: HC is a community, where regardless of team or who you are, we take care of each other. By giving dolls, gear and supportting each other in hunts. The generosity stretches to us all and due to the small amount of us it becomes a loving place.

- Little Trade: there isnt none, we do trade but mostly we just give each other stuff and hunt together and it's the hunting that makes the game fun for me.

- Normal games: Bring able to join and not be solo in times of quiet but also being able to go back to HC when others become annoying.

- Cons:
The attitude of others: Alot of people see hardcore in a different light. Some people are scared and think 'woah' and some people think they are better than you and have no respect. While it can be annoying sometimes, don't take it to heart because it's you playing not them.

-Game making: Sometimes there is a lack of HC on the same time so playing with Normal or solo is your option. And since I hate solo I have to sit and wait for someone to make a game. Wish I could make sometimes :p

Last edited:
I would join y'all if I wasn't all about charge and die. :D

But, who know, I may create a HC account when my main character is all maxed out in gears.

That's pretty much what I am like also ;)

That's pretty much what I am like also ;)

You're more like "charge and not die".

I thought that wasn't possible without affecting normal-mode players.

ie: the only reason HC players can moon to save scapes is because they are allowed to play with normal-mode players, and normal-mode players can moon to save scapes.

It's true that the moon saving scapes thing can only be done in Normal rooms, not in Hardcore ones. I dunno how that affects possibility for it to be patched, though.

Waiting for the alt+backspace and /lobby removals before I do.

Unless they were removed and I missed it.

Yeah i die way too much to be able to enjoy a 1-life character. Mostly because of spawns with multiple HADOUKEN coming at me(stunlocked, can't cast), and forgetting that astarks that spawn far away from you have superman powers.

If i got high lvl then died i'd beat myself up cuz i suck so bad. and that would suck.

I usually play pso almost exclusively while relaxing with a (few) drink(s).

I don't feel like that and permadeath go well together, I learned that while playing Diablo.

I usually play pso almost exclusively while relaxing with a (few) drink(s).

I don't feel like that and permadeath go well together, I learned that while playing Diablo.

That is literally what happened a couple nights ago when my lv 161 HC RAcast died, I consumed too much wine and forgot to grab more scapes from my bank and the first Ob Lily that saw me literally negated 60+ hours of a character.

But I'll be damned if I already didn't restart him and keep playing. I swear HC is the only way to play this game anymore. Normal PSO is so boring, no risk at all. HC keeps the game so fresh for me. No matter how many times I lose an HC characters, I'll just pick myself right back up and start anew.

Last edited:
These posts have revived my interest. First, I need to resume mag feeding until it evolves at 100, then I can continue my HC RAcast journey. He's been collecting dust for several weeks.

Sounds nice but...

1. I die too much.
2. I will not start from scratch again.
3. I'm very content with normal mode.
4. Seems "too easy" with how the rates of everything.

But I'm already balls-deep in normal mode...

Beautiful reference. This makes me happy. And I can totally understand.

These posts have revived my interest. First, I need to resume mag feeding until it evolves at 100, then I can continue my HC RAcast journey. He's been collecting dust for several weeks.

This is what I want to see/hear!!! Let me know and I'll hook you up ;)

Reactions: Dab
If it will get more people to play, I'll just grow a bunch of generic Satos at some point(like I did on normal mode). Removing moon atomizer usage on HC players would be great. We all need more challenge. I'm also fine with alt+bs idea. On the topic of challenge, it would be really hard if you forced the Hardcore characters to actually have to play together again, but what do I know?

Back