I want YOU! To join Hardcore

If it will get more people to play, I'll just grow a bunch of generic Satos at some point(like I did on normal mode).

I think it's a very good idea! Mags are probably the biggest hurdle for new players.

Removing moon atomizer usage on HC players would be great. We all need more challenge. I'm also fine with alt+bs idea.

I support moon atomizer fix. I'm okay with losing scapes on death instead of on-resurrection so that alt+bs can't save them, but I think alt+bs existing is important to escape lethal situations you know are coming but can't get out of otherwise, so I'm against it being removed completely.

On the topic of challenge, it would be really hard if you forced the Hardcore characters to actually have to play together again, but what do I know?

This is less "increased challenge" and more "i can't do this event or HBR because there's only 2 hardcore players online and good luck completing ult MA in less than 30 min with that group". Maybe if some more people accept the call to arms...

This is less "increased challenge" and more "i can't do this event or HBR because there's only 2 hardcore players online and good luck completing ult MA in less than 30 min with that group". Maybe if some more people accept the call to arms...

Filler text.

Last edited:
That's funny, because I see plenty of HC bodies around to run hbr and the likes of it. It's just someone may get butthurt if they lose a few scapes because they have to coach a new player. This is the only thing I hate about the Hardcore community. "Oh there's only HC players online but those other guys that I don't think are my skill level, they don't count. MEH FUCKING DRAMA

I am always willing to play with any HC player. If a bunch of level 80s want to MA, so be it - if we fail then the exp just brings them a step closer to being strong enough to complete it. If they chow through scapes, fine, I have plenty to give them. Maybe we just play at different times or something but I usually don't see very many HC players at all, and when I do, half they time they are sub-80. I'm okay playing a doomed MA run in ult but I don't wanna leave ult just to level people, my #1 priority this event is to find a Platinum Badge and I gotta be in ult for that.

It just seems like that though sometimes, you know? I just think that it separates the Hardcore community. I remember what drew me away from HC for the longest time was HC players being online but not wanting to play with other Hardcore players. Maybe we've had 2 different experiences with the game mode, which is fine by all means. This is just from my personal experience and my view on things. I know literally everyone else in Hardcore wants to be able to play with normal players, but I just don't think it's the right thing personally. I'm done ranting. On another note though, I have normal accounts, Hardcore account, and Sandbox account. It doesn't matter where I play. For now, I only play Hardcore though.

I can't speak for everyone but it's certainly not the case with me, and once the event is over I'll be going back to helping people reach ult too. I just can't right now, gotta get that plat~ If 4 80+ HC players are online and talking in team chat though we typically band up for a game.

I will gladly welcome any Hardcore players with gear and scapes. I don't need anything from this event really at this point. I don't even need a platinum badge(which I would gladly give to someone looking for one if I found). Sorry for the ranting. I just wanted to express my view/opinion. I try to play for others, not myself. I can run on a basic set of charge gear forever and I would be fine. I will probably work on mag farming after the event though. So hopefully we'll see more faces in the community in the upcoming future. I also probably went a little too far there. Not everyone is like the persona I mentioned.

If we were not allowed to play with Normal I'd quit HC tbh. It's no fun soloing and there is never HC people to game with very often prior to this event. And I always play with HC when they are around.

Oh shit waddup, it's Ducks

I used to play hardcore mode only in Diablo 2. I didn't know about hardcore mode on PSO until recently and by the time I found out my friends and I were like lvl 50. They didn't want to reroll cause I think they hate the idea if you reach lvl 199 then die it's all gone and over. But that's all the fun! I've been leveling up a hardcore character by myself but he's only like lvl 5. I'm not much to play with others so lvling hardcore as a solo hunter is... well...

boolean notDead = true;

if(!notDead)
system.out.println("GAME OVER");

demoralizing....

I used to play hardcore mode only in Diablo 2. I didn't know about hardcore mode on PSO until recently and by the time I found out my friends and I were like lvl 50. They didn't want to reroll cause I think they hate the idea if you reach lvl 199 then die it's all gone and over. But that's all the fun! I've been leveling up a hardcore character by myself but he's only like lvl 5. I'm not much to play with others so lvling hardcore as a solo hunter is... well...

boolean notDead = true;

if(!notDead)
system.out.println("GAME OVER");

demoralizing....
Kinda in the same boat. I played hardcore in Diablo. Found this server today and decided to start with a hardcore account because of this thread. I've played a lot of PSO:EP1&2 but almost no BB. Trying to decide on a first character now, maybe one that takes advantage of the exp, RDR, and rare enemies.

Last edited:
Well my freinds you people have just conviced another man to make the leap to HC il see you pals around

So I'm pretty much new to Ephinea, just joined about 2 weeks ago. My roommates and I started on a normal account but now we are doing hardcore for the thrill. I lost my first character two days ago, RIP Meryl S. you will be missed. I'm leveling my FOmar now, Solidus S.(I don't actually play Metal Gear but I love most of the character names) and its been challenging, almost died to a crit level 1 and again at level 8 against a hildebear. I'm back to level 11 I think, just trying to farm defensive items before tackling the caves or even going to Max Attack again(can't finish, but the exp is amazing). Hope to see you guys online on the battlefield.

Back