Humar Vs. Hucast: Comparing the beefcakes:

I'm just enjoying reading this topic, honestly.

Reminds me of this old and insensitive meme.

My stance on it all is... PSO, in itself, is a very casual game. Sure, there's "Challenge" mode, but I don't know if you could really call it a Challenge once you've memorized most things about it.

PSO is designed to be a pick up and play game where you go on adventures while chatting with your friends, maybe finding cool stuff along the way.

The whole idea of a group of people who "TA" the normal parts of the game and quests... well, it makes me laugh. NO OFFENSE TO YOU ALL. Opinions are like assholes and everyone has them, yadda yadda.

Even reading shit like class arguments makes me chuckle, because the classes are there so that people can find their individual play style. Not for people to argue about which one shits on the other and so on. What works for you may not work for others.

I don't like elitist people who will talk down on the way other people choose to enjoy the game. Whether that's what class they like to play, how they hunt for stuff, and so on. To each their own.

If you want to go out of your way to make other people feel bad about their choices, you'll be removed so that you don't have the choice to play here.

That's all.

Attachments

• arguing.jpg
    arguing.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 330
This thread is about comparing two classes. Reminds me of my autistic friend, who'd take anything personal. "mimimi you said the class I play is worse, I'm offended". Go ahead and ban me lol

As for playstyle, humar and hucast use nearly the same weapons(with the exception of spirit). the major difference is in stats and traps. so much for individualism.

Sodaboy said:
I'm just enjoying reading this topic, honestly.

Reminds me of this old and insensitive meme.

The whole idea of a group of people who "TA" the normal parts of the game and quests... well, it makes me laugh. NO OFFENSE TO YOU ALL. Opinions are like assholes and everyone has them, yadda yadda.

It's funny, because the people that understand the mechanics the best and make use of it are exactly those people and the cm'ers ur crawling up to have failed multiple times at achieving the same thing. Sup zynetic

it's not up to you to decide what this game was designed for either, and neither does it matter to begin with. I don't think mario and zelda were designed to be time attacked either, but yet they are among the most popular ta games. Dont get me wrong, pso isnt anywhere close to those games mechanicwise. my point is, the intention of the creators doesn't matter, what matters is the attitude of the players. even the creators added timers, and in pso2 there is even time attack mode. the good part about the timers in pso is, its a passive thing. its up to the players what they make out of it.

Sodaboy said:

This.

It's an ORPG (not even a true MMO). It subsidises actual player experience with fake experience to level the playing field between seasoned and new players of a similar level (multiple characters, etc). It's a fun game and it has some mechanics, but it shares more in common with Skype than it does with stuff like Counter Strike where game mechanics, meta and reflexes play 'more' of a competitive role.

I'm not saying that PSO doesn't have a competitive side. I'm not saying there aren't mechanics to learn. But having much of your 'true' experience subsidised by 'exp' and 'levels', these things will never provide the same edge which they would in other ('truly' competitive) games.

Even stuff like League of Legends and Airmech is a bit 'meh' (although I guess Airmech at least has a watered down element of strat to go with the failed RPG dimension).

Neanderthal said:
This thread is about comparing two classes. Reminds me of my autistic friend, who'd take anything personal.

Ha. There's actually a lot of truth in this. No hate but this thread certainly has the autism factor. We're all nerds though so this shouldn't really be surprising.

If you're (you in the 'general', not directed at Neanderthal) sitting there thinking "OMG I'M NOT A NERD!" congratulations you're a sports nerd :D Go play Fifa and chug protein shakes like a retard. It will make you feel better about yourself and then you can deny the creeping realisation of what a geek you are for another 3 months.

inb4 philosophical responses about who has the right to decide what, which I don't give a fuck about.

Whichever one is better, I would just like everyone to know that I don't give a fuck. I hope that helps answer your question OP.

As a person who started on humar while my brother played hucast, I was a little jealous of him when traps always hit and his attacks hurt more. However, that doesn't matter too much, I think. The main thing was playing online with him and others.

I do understand why people do things like TA (I sunk a couple hundred hours into Dustforce). It feels satisfying when you improve. It doesn't mean you need to be inflammatory when someone expresses an opinion/has a playstyle contrary to what you feel is superior. If it's something factually wrong, obviously correct them, just try not to be outright rude. If you wouldn't say it in person, reconsider what you're saying please. I would appreciate it. I took a lot of time myself writing this post, though, I understand just getting your words out there quickly.

...If they're completely rude themselves, though, it's your choice.

You want the best time in PSO, just imagine a lobby full of RAcasts running laps, forever.

jalirdharey said:
Neanderthal said:
jalirdharey said:
This game came out 15 years ago.

and your point is?
My point is that you're parading around talking about pro pso players on a forum for a private server of a 15 year old game.

/ T H R E A D

HUney vs FOMAR!

But on a serious note I personally only roll a fleshie for 1 reason...

1.if I plan on farming for boss drops it's really the only time my cast godliness is dampened

It's the only time i doubt my cast, this is obviously fixed with endgame gear...

A fun vid would be Humar resta vs cast gush. Spoiler cast 100%hp first.

TL:DR CAST PRIDE!

From what I've gathered, if you want to be serious HUCAST. If you don't care, pick whatever you want and move on with your life.

Go HUcast if you have a FO support slave friend who can SDJZ and resta for you, or plan to join many public games in lobby. Or else go with whatever fits your playstyle.

HUmar doesn't really get any viable supports either (no SD and 15 JZ has literally no range) so it's not really that much different from HUcast.

HUcast also solos extremely well since he has more ATP solo than any other class. (1865 after S-Red's, HUnewearl has 1666 ATP after Shifta 20 for comparison) He might be a cast but it could be argued he's far more viable at solo than the fleshies since he's so strong and gets freeze/confuse traps, although it will depend on what you're actually doing.

Back