Hucast Master Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only posting this because I wanted to just get this off my chest and leave it be.

Ade, I did post a response in the thread for you reporting my post saying "Don't worry, I'm not the least bit surprised." but decided to delete because I felt that may have came off as being rude.

Just know I usually post popcorn emotes in response to petty drama and it's done in jest anyway. But if you felt that I was rude in doing that then fine, I'm just going to apologize, say nothing else about the matter and move on.

I'm only posting this because I wanted to just get this off my chest and leave it be.

Ade, I did post a response in the thread for you reporting my post saying "Don't worry, I'm not the least bit surprised." but decided to delete because I felt that may have came off as being rude.

Just know I usually post popcorn emotes in response to petty drama and it's done in jest anyway. But if you felt that I was rude in doing that then fine, I'm just going to apologize, say nothing else about the matter and move on.

It’s okay if you want to post it. I’m used to people being rude / mean to me.

I don't see the issue of DF.

Not like the whole reduce hp to low amounts to unleash god power is unique to PSO anyway.

You laugh. I'll cry that PSO is reduced to being Dark Flow at 10% HP and nothing else in the game matters. It's a sad, limited experience where you may as well not even bother with anything else. Video games are supposed to have fun and variety. Perfectionism has ruined PSO and many other games. Especially since this server refuses to correct imbalances that clearly weren't intended by the developers.

So yes, I was wrong. And that's sad for PSO. It sucks.

And I will admit when I'm wrong.
12.5%*

I'll repeat: This is more about the IDEA of that list than its specifics, and how to deal with the realization.

The list is an approximation of what happens when a game is min / maxed.

My concern now is: knowing that basically every game with any sort of choice is going to fall into THIS or something close to it, how do I enjoy anything?

My question is why would you care? I play the class I like because I like it and I like to play with my friends. People can brag about achievements and post screenshots of their amazing stuff all they want. If that is how they have fun, great! It has nothing to do with me at all though.

Also you can always try to be the best at what you do. It's easy to be good with the most OP character. It's hard to be good with the worst one.

Reactions: Ade
It would just be nice if their arrogance didn't spill over into mistreating others. I might be a cynical jerk now, but I didn't start off this way. I thought it was so cool to just be playing an RPG online. I wasn't nearly as good at PSO as I am now but I enjoyed learning and getting better. Then, when I reached a point where I said, "I can handle any content in this game so I'm happy to hunt whatever items I want now," that was good enough for me. But other people wanted to take it even further and start setting records or whatever, and they turned into mostly jerks. That soured the game for me because they had to take that attitude into normal games where people just wanted to hunt items. They were the assholes FIRST. Then I became embittered. They know who they are but they change their names every new server and just like to poke fun at "inferiors" on their secret little side forums because it makes them feel better about themselves.

You have to be pretty pathetic if you use "being better at a video game" as a reason to disparage another person. I've caught myself doing it, and it's reprehensible, but I also know that it's wrong. I dust myself off and try to be a little bit better of a person each day. They don't. It pisses me off that they're able to do this in secret and never have any consequences. There's a high probability that whatever character flaws they possess that cause them to be so mean probably have a negative impact on their real lives, but I never get the satisfaction of seeing that. There's also the chance that their lives are amazing, which the pessimist in me tends to believe, which makes me bitter. Nobody wants to see a genuinely bad person be happy.

(There's one person on this server in particular who is so rude and mean to other players that I have to wonder what sort of an IRL asshole they are. I wish I could see.)

Last edited:
There's a high probability that whatever character flaws they possess that cause them to be so mean probably have a negative impact on their real lives, but I never get the satisfaction of seeing that. There's also the chance that their lives are amazing, which the pessimist in me tends to believe, which makes me bitter. Nobody wants to see a genuinely bad person be happy.

k, Ade usually I like you and I feel people are assholes to you sometimes as well but the Bold parts are the parts I have a mild issue with you for.

Please think about what you just wrote friend.

@Ade

Honestly I'm surprised how you keep saying this is "the best PSO has ever been" when you seem to hate it here so much.

I don't hate it here. I just get sad when I start thinking about gaming in general this way. It's not really something I can just ignore. That's a bit of a jump to say "I hate it here." I love this server :(

I also appreciate that the mods allowed this to stay open. The nature of gaming and the enjoyment of games are big topics that came out of a meme thread that was a nod to min/maxing. I only wish I felt better about it instead of hopeless that every game is ruined before I even take the plastic wrap off. I wish there was a way to return to an earlier mindset when games were just fun. I have no clue how to get that back.

I started playing Spider-Man for PS4 and (without looking up any story spoilers) about a week into the game I checked online to make sure the level cap was high enough to max out all skills in fear of permanently screwing up my character in a SINGLE PLAYER GAME. That's how bad it is for me now. I'm a miserable wreck. I can't have fun with anything.

Last edited:
I wish there was a way to return to an earlier mindset when games were just fun. I have no clue how to get that back.
You've already been given the answer to that question:
Have you considered not caring what other people think?

You decide your own mindset, not other people. If you make your decisions using other people's criteria, you're always going to get results that fail to satisfy you.

I checked online to make sure the level cap was high enough to max out all skills in fear of permanently screwing up my character in a SINGLE PLAYER GAME.
Having max stats in a game with no way for players to check their progress, let alone telling them that caps exist at all, is a symptom of bad game design and really has no bearing on the topic at hand. RPGs were doing this long before Internet gaming existed at all.

I don't hate it here. I just get sad when I start thinking about gaming in general this way. It's not really something I can just ignore. That's a bit of a jump to say "I hate it here." I love this server :(

I also appreciate that the mods allowed this to stay open. The nature of gaming and the enjoyment of games are big topics that came out of a meme thread that was a nod to min/maxing. I only wish I felt better about it instead of hopeless that every game is ruined before I even take the plastic wrap off. I wish there was a way to return to an earlier mindset when games were just fun. I have no clue how to get that back.

I started playing Spider-Man for PS4 and (without looking up any story spoilers) about a week into the game I checked online to make sure the level cap was high enough to max out all skills in fear of permanently screwing up my character in a SINGLE PLAYER GAME. That's how bad it is for me now. I'm a miserable wreck. I can't have fun with anything.

There’s more to life than video games. If you’re feeling like this and you really can’t see the wider context, you probably need to be doing something else with your time. It’s not Spider-Man’s fault you play that way, it’s not PSO’s fault that you play that way, it’s not a symptom of gaming at large. This is all about you and your negativity, and it’s completely up to you whether you take action to resolve an issue that’s clearly making you miserable, not anyone else.

I’m surprised the mods kept this open to be honest - it’s a fucking therapy session doing a shit job of masquerading as something even remotely PSO related and no good for anyone.

It might be good for Ade if it spurs him to finally seek help with his depression. (Note: I'm seriously talking about mental health here, not trolling.)

I'm not depressed. This only affects gaming. I have a pretty good life. Maybe I should just play NES for a month and get back to my roots. I dunno.

I'm not depressed. This only affects gaming. I have a pretty good life. Maybe I should just play NES for a month and get back to my roots. I dunno.
Gaming isn't the end all be all, you can maybe try other hobbies as well as gaming.
It's done wonders for me when I started doing fishing, running, and astrophotography.
I feel like just purely gaming is really toxic for your mind.
That's just from my personal experience though, but having a break from gaming was a great thing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back