Hucast Master Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
The humility isn't false. Don't make assumptions, dick.

I don't consider optimization problems to be "solved" when a game gets picked apart. This is what makes games less fun. I personally find people who play games this way to be robotic and inhuman because they're usually elitist and arrogant like you.

Go solve some optimization problems that actually make life better for people and leave games alone.

You believe your own preferences are superior and consider those who differ to be inferior human beings. You hate Min/Maxing because it ruins your immersion and reminds you 'it's all 1s and 0s'. You claim people who enjoy efficient play have some sort of moral fault. Even if you recognize utility is different for others, you proceed to demean and bemoan them as unenlightened because their utility is different from yours.

Your years long argument is essentially that other people playing different makes you feel bad. Your enjoyment of a game is inextricably tied to the actions of others, even if you never interact with them in the game itself. Instead of attempting to find some intrinsic motivation for yourself, you obsess over what other people do and complain about it.

Yes, you're quoting yourself, I get it. Maybe just do something so that you don't appear so robotic and inhuman with every interaction I have with you, and I won't be inclined to associate efficient play with dehumanization. Don't be such a prick all the time.

You're the reason we're going to have the actual Matrix someday. There won't be any room for imperfect beings like me anymore.

There's a difference between making an assumption based on past experience and mind-reading someone's intentions, mate.

agreed. if only i could read your mind old bean, but i'll just have to make the assumption, based on my past experience of course, that you're off your rocker

You're the reason we're going to have the actual Matrix someday. There won't be any room for imperfect beings like me anymore.
Nobody is perfect. This is the false humility I mentioned, as you clearly still believe the preferences of others are inhuman and inferior.

Nobody is perfect. This is the false humility I mentioned, as you clearly still believe the preferences of others are inhuman and inferior.

You missed my point. We've always butted heads and it's because I see you (and other efficient game players) as a threat to human imperfection. If you have to play VIDEO GAMES this way, then what sort of abhorrent, dehumanizing efficiency do you extrapolate onto everything else? What would happen if one of you became a ruler of a nation? We would have another Gulag.

I don't see how someone can take what I view as a relaxing activity and turn it into such a misery-inducing, worse-than-calisthenics regimen of rote memorization and perfectionism. What is going on in someone's head that they think this is fun? I simply do not understand. That's why I think it's a flaw. It scares the hell out of me that people think this way. Does this mean I need to be competitive with EVERYTHING or I'm going to be eliminated? What an awful existence.

If you have to play VIDEO GAMES this way, then what sort of abhorrent, dehumanizing efficiency do you extrapolate onto everything else?
As someone who also likes to play the game in an efficient manner, would you also think the same of me? It's this prejudice of yours that irks me.

You missed my point. We've always butted heads and it's because I see you (and other efficient game players) as a threat to human imperfection. If you have to play VIDEO GAMES this way, then what sort of abhorrent, dehumanizing efficiency do you extrapolate onto everything else? What would happen if one of you became a ruler of a nation? We would have another Gulag.

no sorry fucking hell this is the best troll of all time, this guy just equated wanting to be good at videogames to concentration camps LMAO mods please!

As someone who also likes to play the game in an efficient manner, would you also think the same of me? It's this prejudice of yours that irks me.

I think it's a reasonable assumption that people tend to bring their actual life qualities into their approach on video games. If this is wrong then everything else I'm assuming here is wrong.

@Knowl: Obviously that was a hyperbole. Chill out.

Maybe there's someone who is a complete perfectionist at a video game but the rest of their life is in shambles? I don't know. Maybe that game is all they have.

I tend to see games as where our "leftover" energy goes to. So if someone's "leftover" energy is used obsessing over efficiency, then how crazy smart and powerful are they with the bulk of their energy? And if they're mean in a video game, then how cruel will they be in everyday life? I then become extremely afraid that humanity is moving toward automation, efficiency, and elimination of anyone who isn't perfect.

Perhaps I have it backwards and some people really put their BEST energies into video games and everything else in their life is falling apart. If that's the case, then everything I said was wrong.

Perhaps I have it backwards and some people really put their BEST energies into video games and everything else in their life is falling apart.
Perhaps many people are different in many ways. Everyone has their own reasons and motivations for the ways they play. It's not always related to their real life, but other times maybe it is. There's no one answer. This is why I wish you would, as I have said before, think more carefully before making these prejudices about the people around you.

Perhaps many people are different in many ways. Everyone has their own reasons and motivations for the ways they play. It's not always related to their real life, but other times maybe it is. There's no one answer. This is why I wish you would, as I have said before, think more carefully before making these prejudices about the people around you.

When I see someone obsessing over efficiency in a game to the point where it's affecting MY MOSTLY EFFICIENT PLAY (but they want to be buttholes and try 20x harder to be 5% better) I get VERY ANNOYED. Then I stop and wonder, "What the hell is wrong with this person that they have to be such a tryhard?" So yes, it's very prejudicial. It's automatic. It's going to take a long time to de-program this. Basically there's a million thoughts I have about humanity all at once when I'm trying to figure out people's motivations and it doesn't shut off. Ever.

its ok if u dont want to spend ur free time getting good at a game that you like. loads of people don't, it's cool. just don't be surprised when people who do play that way don't want to play with u and are irritated when they have to (and believe me, they wouldn't if they felt like there was another option). it's actually mega simple, it certainly isn't indicative of any wider issues with humanity at large and it's incredibly offensive and obnoxious to cast aspersions about other people's lives and habits on that basis.

there's one guy in the band who doesn't practice half as much as everyone else. it's his free time as well, so we're not gonna force him, but my god we need a new drummer because he is shit

its ok if u dont want to spend ur free time getting good at a game that you like. loads of people don't, it's cool. just don't be surprised when people who do play that way don't want to play with u and are irritated when they have to (and believe me, they wouldn't if they felt like there was another option). it's actually mega simple, it certainly isn't indicative of any wider issues with humanity at large and it's incredibly offensive and obnoxious to cast aspersions about other people's lives and habits on that basis.

there's one guy in the band who doesn't practice half as much as everyone else. it's his free time as well, so we're not gonna force him, but my god we need a new drummer because he is shit

I'm actually pretty good at the game, Knowl. I could stand-in for prettymuch any party. I just hate the practice and time that goes into TA. I play really well when there's no pressure. If there's pressure, I fail. So i can just play the game NORMALLY very well and knock out a ton of runs really quickly, probably never setting a records, but fast enough to become a very wealthy player. It's that extra LITTLE BIT that I can't do because my mind can't handle the pressure. You're talking like I'm terrible at the game or something. Jesus.

(I do think I'm bad at snap aiming and I've never been able to improve at all despite tons of practice. It legitimately pisses me off that my stupid body / mind isn't good enough or won't develop the muscle memory to improve.)

I feel like I'm a D&D character who had very low stat rolls in many areas when the character was created and does the best he can, but fails. It makes me very bitter about a lot of things.

i'm not saying you're bad at all? i've never played with you how would i know. i'm saying that you're clearly not going to play at the level the TA guys would, under pressure, as you say yourself, and that that's actually not a problem. you found your level, good on ya. stop shitting on people who want to do more, it's not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back