Hucast Master Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
You laugh. I'll cry that PSO is reduced to being Dark Flow at 10% HP and nothing else in the game matters. It's a sad, limited experience where you may as well not even bother with anything else.

Ok, but remember when you said 2x RAcast parties? Hahaha.

Especially since this server refuses to correct imbalances that clearly weren't intended by the developers.
What does this refer to?

EDIT: Removed something because I missed a post.

Ok, but remember when you said 2x RAcast parties? Hahaha.

Yep. I was wrong. You win. You get zero PDs and a bunch of PSO street cred. Congrats.

HUcast is the best class in the game and we have an RPG that people have poured thousands of hours into 11 other classes that eventually became irrelevant once the meta fully boiled down. At least I have a Lv. 200 HUcast if I ever wanted to try to be leet. It's just a sad day for the game.

This is such a wonderful state of affairs to be correct about (sarcasm). It creates a sort of PSO existential crisis where it becomes very de-motivating to play the game. It's not really even a video game once it's been picked apart so thoroughly.

Arrogance is a bad quality even when you're correct. (It's worse when you're wrong, I'll admit.) I'm sure your life is just perfection in all areas.

That sounds like a personal attack. I've been very nice the whole time, so I'm unsure what would warrant this reaction and the previous one.

That sounds like a personal attack. I've been very nice the whole time, so I'm unsure what would warrant this reaction and the previous one.

Well you always have this arrogance about you because you're good at one video game. It's annoying. I know nothing else about you. I was reminding you that you're probably still an imperfect individual in some other way (of which I have no idea) so a shred of humility would do you well. I ate crow here. I lost the argument. You don't have to victory dance in the endzone for 20 minutes over it. (Sorry for the Super Bowl reference.)

You can take your screenshots of this thread and go to your secret hideout forum and talk about how dumb I am. I don't care. I'm just sad because I love this game but it's actually really poorly designed now that it's been fully played out. It's probably worse than Brawl with Meta Knight.

I just don't understand how video games can be around for such a long time yet developers can't make a balanced game. It makes me want to NOT bother with a game knowing that I might pick the wrong character at the beginning and waste my time. And because I love games, this angst makes me very sad. It's like the people responsible for designing the products of my favorite hobby (and make lots of money doing it) don't care about doing a good job.

So yeah, you win the argument. I see the much larger implications of this state of affairs. Why bother with anything other than a single player, single build game if some of the elements of the game that are INTENDED to be endgame instead end up being irrelevant and never used?

Last edited:
way to trash a perfectly dank meme thread adeyboy

Hey now I didn't mean to trash it. I thought I was right and I was wrong. I'm sorry. =/

Like, I don't even care about the humiliation of losing this argument. (You need a few scrapes and bruises to develop as a person.) I'm just sad about games now. Like the entirety of gaming. I wonder if games will be more balanced someday.

TL : DR for this thread. I know this thread was supposed to be funny, and I do love the artwork at the beginning. I am sorry that I made it dumb. Sometimes quests for knowledge are unpleasant. But it did bring up something that really bugs me about gaming. I want to know how others deal with this:

I'm basically asserting that the min / max mindset makes most of the content of any given game irrelevant, meaning that a game that has the APPEARANCE of variety and fun is a facade. It ruins everything for me. How can you crack open a new game and enjoy it knowing it's going to look like THIS when it's finished?

HUmar- pointless
HUnewearl- pointless
HUcast- God Tier
HUcaseal- pointless
RAmar- pointless
RAcast- nearly pointless
RAmarl- pointless
RAcaseal- pointless
All 4 FOs: pointless often

This is not good design. When I know that pretty much any class based game I play is going to look something like THIS when it's all said and done, I don't even want to start. How do I move on after this crushing realization?

Yeah I'm sure there will be some sarcastic responses, but this sorta ruins gaming for me. I don't know how to continue and that makes me sad. I'm sure I'll always play games, but I'm always going to have THIS in the back of my mind now, which lessens the enjoyment.

Am I really the only person with this issue?

Last edited:
Please elaborate further as FO is used in no PB as well as PB runs.

I'll repeat: This is more about the IDEA of that list than its specifics, and how to deal with the realization.

The list is an approximation of what happens when a game is min / maxed.

My concern now is: knowing that basically every game with any sort of choice is going to fall into THIS or something close to it, how do I enjoy anything?

Ok, but you do realize that you are wrong again, yes? FOs are in almost every team composition (except some PB runs).

Ok, but do you realize that you are wrong again, yes? FOs are in almost every team composition (except some PB runs).

Okay fine whatever. FO are useful sometimes but most of the game's content is irrelevant. So...KNOWING THAT...

How do I enjoy any new games knowing that's going to happen every time? It gives me a crushing sense of desperation that all of this "variety" in games is fake. It makes me want to NOT play games anymore. I'm super bummed out now. (Not that you care.)

Ok, but you do realize that you're still wrong because it's not "sometimes", but almost all the time, yes?

Ok, but you do realize that you're still wrong because it's not "sometimes", but almost all the time, yes?

Okay fine. I'm wrong about FOs. Move on please.

The assertion that the majority of the game's classes and weapons are irrelevant trash stands. This makes me sad and it makes me want to not play any future games knowing this is going to happen. I'll look back and see I picked the wrong character/weapon/whatever and wasted a bunch of time on it and feel cheated. So why play?

This is exactly why I barely play Smash Bros. anymore, too. I spent years LOVING and getting good with Samus only to find out I picked the wrong character. It made me feel like I wasted a bunch of time and I felt stupid for not knowing ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back