Help, Lost FPS and dont know why

Evokinz

I have been playing for a while and even played a lot today, but when I came home from dinner I found that I am having serious fps issues. I have never even dropped a single frame in hundreds of hours of playtime, but now the game is so slow it is unplayable. I have restarted, reinstalled, updated my graphics card, and run the game with v-sync on and with v-sync off. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks

Could it be something that started running in the background like an update or scan? That's all I can think of it since it seems like you've tried most of the other typical steps, and you mention that it just started suddenly.

Check task manager while this problem is happening.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response, but unfortunately no processes or background processes are out of the ordinary or using too much memory. For more detail, the frame drop appears to begin when I either press a button on my keyboard or my controller.

UPDATE: It is being caused by my second monitor, however I have always had 2 monitors, so why is it just now causing an issue?

Specs, does it happen on other 3D games, do your monitors share refresh rates, is it "my GPU is struggling to render this" or "why is my game doing a rock solid 10fps" lag, do you let everything autoupdate, and did you remember to pay the ephinea tax?

Back