Gotta be someone who appreciates steak around here...

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
I got a Sous Vide machine earlier this year, it's just a simple immersion circulator, but man, it's great for cooking meat.

Cooks the meat at exactly the temperature you want with no guessing or overcooking, take it out, sear and enjoy.

Just look at the steaks I made today. :p

It's fun being a faux gourmet chef. Though I do have some mad baking skills...

Attachments

• steak1.jpg
    steak1.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 434
  • steak2.jpg
    steak2.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 435
  • steak3.jpg
    steak3.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 445
  • steak4.jpg
    steak4.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 446
  • steak5.jpg
    steak5.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 444
Well, I know where I'm heading for my next meal.

See you in about 19 hours Soda!

Those look pretty amazing, but shame there's no blood with the steak. Can't have a steak that rare without blood (Nor chips to eat it with :>)

Attachments

• steak1.jpg
    steak1.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 370
  • steak2.jpg
    steak2.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 366
I cooked it medium rare! No blood. Haha. But your plate is definitely more of a full meal... That's okay, though, about to eat some pumpkin pie in a bit. ;)

Shoutgu said:
is that even cooked? looks alive to me

Sounds like someone likes their steak medium well/well done (AKA shoe leather...) Medium rare is the bomb!

Medium-Rare to Medium is how I like my steaks. Nice n' flavourful but still chewable! If I honestly had that type of cooker I'd be eating a hell of a lot more meat.

Finally somebody that cooks their steak the same way I like mine. *w*

My boss likes his bloody as heck. Like. Still cold in the middle. Yours looks fantastic, though.

That kind of looks like beef liver! Not that it's bad, just surprised to see it outside of work I guess?

Ryan said:
Shoutgu said:
is that even cooked? looks alive to me

Sounds like someone likes their steak medium well/well done (AKA shoe leather...) Medium rare is the bomb!

Well done for me, I like my meat cooked until I can't tell it used to be a living creature. Apparently that's a cardinal sin to most people, but I like my meals without the side of E Coli.

How to start a forum war with a single picture.

os9QBrH.png

Back