FO Advice

Zeronics

Hey all, I'm looking for a bit of help. I'm undecided on what FO to play as, I've currently got a FOmarl at 111 but I feel really weak. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, I'm considering making a Newman FO but can't decide which one. Plus I have no real clue what gear I should have on any FO.

I ask because I want to be a help to the people in the party's I join and be able to do some solo stuff as well because right now it just feels like I'm getting carried when I play my current FO.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

There's a FOnewm guide here that has some insight on FO Playstyle on Ultimate

Also here's a snippet from Colette's general guide:
upload_2017-5-4_4-40-3.png

Your priorities should be, in this order, 30 Shifta, 30 jellen, 30 zalure, 30 deband, Glide Divine, Slicer of Fanatic, V101, Smartlink, Rambling May, Tyrell's Parasol
Vivienne and Excal are also pretty useful later on
Slicer of Fanatic on FOmarl is REALLY (REALLY) good!

DoB + Thirteen helps sometimes as well in ep1. SoF only hits 3 enemies.... It thought I should mention.

Heyo Zeronics,

are you trying to do damage by using techs in multi-mode? Forces don't work like that on Ultimate. You will never really be a "tech-casting mage" in PSO when playing in a party. Tech damage is, in general, pretty bad, even with the "best mage" FOnewm, and you will only hurt your party by tech-spamming since techs cause tons of "damage cancel". One notable exception is Gifoie and maybe Episode 4. In Solo-Mode, techs boom everything away, though.

All Forces have to melee on Ultimate, both with "Demons" (cuts enemy HP to 1/4) and raw damage. FOmarl and FOmar excel at the "damage" part - the former with her fantastic equipment (Tyrell's Parasol, Rambling May) and the best Slicer Animation (Slicer of Fanatic and Diska of Braveman are extremely good on her) and the latter with his stellar ATP (1,002) for a Force.

If you want to remake to FOnewm expecting to be a "caster mage" - don't. As I said, it doesn't really work. Also, I think FOmarl is a fantastic Force to start out with. Her great support is appreciated in (almost) any party. I have to admit, though, that Forces take a while to get "good". I'd say they start do be able to do stuff at around level 120 to 130. So be patient and rock on! :3 Another thing to note: I used several mags on my way up the levels. Once I was able to hit 900 MST (the most important threshold since it allows you to equip Glide Divine) with a mixed Pow / MST mag, I started to use that instead of a pure ATP/DEX mag, for example. In general for a FOmarl, ATP / ATA > MST, though.

What is your current equipment? Here's the most "basic" stuff you' want on a FOmarl at early stages and pretty much all of it is pretty cheap:

Glide Divine
Slicer of Fanatic (0'd is fine for a start since you can Special-Normal glitch the blade) (Do you know about "attack glitching"?)
Vivienne (preferebly with hit, 0'd can work well enough)
50 hit Charge Vulcan (works fine on fozen enemies, bullets can be glitched)
Tyrell's Parasol (for support)
Diska of Braveman (25 hit available from HU Government quests) + Thirteen
(DoB might sound confusing at first, but with Thirteen you will be able to dish out some good damage, even on a FOmarl. Don't go for the basic "DFP / EVP" armors when you have this amazing thing!)
Gifoie Merge

For your shield, use Gifoie Merge, Three Seals (fantastic resists and super easy to get) or even just a Regen Gear B. P. until 180 - there, you'd want a Red Ring, but those are expensive. Safety Heart would also be good until 180, but that thing is also pretty expensive.

As for units, SMARTLINK is an abslolute must-have. It makes your ranged attacks way more accurate and is super cheap. When starting out, Heavenly/Battle or even God/Battle is fine; the latter usually you can grab somewhere for free. Later you'll want a V101. Then, you'll also want a V801 and a V502, but the latter is pretty expensive. V502 is used for killing stuffin Episode 2 with a Hell weapon (50h Hell Raygun from "Restless Lion", for example, or an S-Rank J-Cutter - see below).

Once you're a little richer, you can think about getting the following:

Guardiana with hit
Magical Piece (might be an event item in the future again, that's where I grabbed mine - the item to make this costs 50 PDs at Paganini, so maybe wait and substitute with a Fire Scepter: Agni (for Gifoie) or an Sorcerer's Cane in the meantime)
Exalibur
Higher Hit DoB, Vivienne, Tyrell's (expensive)
S-Rank J-Cutter w/Hell (If you only ever get one S-Rank for your FOmarl, it's this one! Expensive, though)
S-rank Cards w/Demons (J-Cutter is way more important, though)

There's a few more nice items (Bringer's Rifle with 50 Hit, for example), but the most important stuff should be listed above. I hope I didn't forget anything...

If you have any more questions, just ask. FOmarl love! ;3

Last edited:
holy ray with hit can para dorphan's, scropions, and a few other high profile foes til your team can take care of them.

Don't forget, Gifoie is your best friend!

You need 10 techs as a fo

S
D
J
Z
R
Gifoie
Gizonde
Megid
Anti
Reverser

gg

Megs is rather lackluster actually.

Hell handgun, hell saber, s-rank hell sythe, s-rank hell j-cutter > megid as long as you have v502.

Megid needs level 28 to be sort of useful imo as well.
Plus you kind of want cursed cloak or demonic fork on 3 of the fo that will use megid.

V502 is definitely the dumbest edition to BB. I could see V501, but V502 was definitely pushing it.

Without v502, all that happens is hucast becomes even more op. Ra are useless compared to them then. I main ramar and only use hell in ep2. If v502 wasnt in the game or ep2 monsters had higher edk, you better believe hucast would become my main :p

Without v502, all that happens is hucast becomes even more op. Ra are useless compared to them then. I main ramar and only use hell in ep2. If v502 wasnt in the game or ep2 monsters had higher edk, you better believe hucast would become my main :p

I can see your point, but I'd argue that in a party, V501 would still be enough to keep Hell relevant. I mean, damn, people used Hell Needles on Gamecube and they didn't have any of those fancy BB units we got.

V502 exists, and so adapted and now I can live with it. Doesn't mean I have to like it. :3

It's not about HUcast vs RA, it's about how incredibly lame it is that you just hell half the shit in Episode 2 and walk all over it.

Without V502, Episode 2 would be much more fun honestly, even if it would mean HUcast is "better" (HUcast is better at Episode 2 than RA anyway :wacko:)

It's not about HUcast vs RA, it's about how incredibly lame it is that you just hell half the shit in Episode 2 and walk all over it.

Without V502, Episode 2 would be much more fun honestly, even if it would mean HUcast is "better" (HUcast is better at Episode 2 than RA anyway :wacko:)
Hell is the only big advantage ra has over hu, it defines them, really. Basically everyone considers hucast to be the best class already, and if ra didn't have their hell advantage; it would definitely upset the balance imo. I know thats not what you were suggesting at all but I feel ra should be able to rule at least most of one epsiode!

Edit: Without v502, damage would be more consistent to kill enemies in ep2. Rip RA, good for nothing essentially.

Silly Matt. PSO is not about fun!

(HUcast is better at Episode 2 than RA anyway :wacko:)
Thank you for supporting my point :p all v502's absence would mean is that dob thirteen dark flow and vjaya rule yet another episode x)
Ramar hell supported with ft is no doubt op, but its definitely not the only op thing the game. Being able to CK 5 delbiters at once is more broken.

I support the nerfing of hucast and v502 in the names of "balance" and "fun" for this thread.

Heyo Zeronics,
What is your current equipment? Here's the most "basic" stuff you' want on a FOmarl at early stages and pretty much all of it is pretty cheap:

So far I have rambling may 0h and I found a guardania with 20h. I'm using a unfinished mind mag right now it's only level 130 in total. I've got a thirteen armour equipped but no diska for it.

I've managed to learn s/d 30/29 by borrowing a mind mag then returning it. My best staff is a striker of Chao. I got a glide divine but I'm so far off using it even with my mind mag. I've got a completed power Sato I'd like to equip full time but then I'll be even further off using the glide. I do have some 50h charge Vulcans though.

As for units I got lucky and found a v801 so I'm using that, and a smartlink and two god arms to meet the requirements on rambling may, when I can I'll drop one of those for my h battle

Back