EXP Glitched/Desync

Spuz

Without rain, nothing grows.
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
Recently since the last update, EXP keeps rising but you do not receive level up. If you change blocks it reverts to what it should be.

Example:

We haven't touched anything regarding the leveling up or experience gain code in like... forever? Is this still happening on that particular character? I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else. Also wondering if it is a bug re: reading monster data in that particular quest or something too.

Just need to be able to reproduce this in order to figure it out. If your character is still affected by this, maybe I can clone him and see what happens.

It has happened to me and several other players I helped level up, it's been happening since the season shop update,another bug that occurred at the same time was the areas ahead not being fully rendered and I didn't change visual settings*I have noticed that I can only remember this happening in ep2 stuff*. I assumed others were noticing it so didn't report.

Looking at the code, I think I know exactly what's going on. I'll have this fixed tonight.

We defined a static PMT file size and with the season shop update, the PMT file size grew. The player level table data is loaded in a section right after the PMT file data. It's being overwritten because the PMT data is going out of bounds.

Thank you to both @Spuz and @Waruda for the report!

Just bumping this since it has been happening again. No mega issue as can change the block, just felt I should inform. Seems to be happening only when I play MAS though, so it might be to do with the vast amount of EXP all at once.

Just bumping this since it has been happening again. No mega issue as can change the block, just felt I should inform. Seems to be happening only when I play MAS though, so it might be to do with the vast amount of EXP all at once.
Yeah, happens to me too sometimes when there's a huge spike in EXP gain-- mostly common on a pre-ult character in MAS4 as you said, but I've had it happen once or twice in Fiasco on Ultimate. I think I remember my 19x RAcaseal got stuck at 0TNL after Lv Up a couple weeks back.

Anyway, this has been happening to me since mid 2017, so it's gotta be unrelated to the changes that happened in 2018. As said above, it's really not a big deal-- only needs a block reload to fix it.

Back