Has anyone encountered this problem before?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Detourist

Detourist#6717
Guildcard
So I've been working on building a 15/100/35/50 Bhima to max out my RAmar at lv 200 (-9 Evade).
As I always liked to do when I was playing on Schthack and Ultima, I got the mag to lv 10 on a FO to get the Leilla pb for a touch of individuality, BUT here's where the unexpected problem occured, once I got it to lv 35 back on my RAmar, instead of evolving into a Surya to get Golla (like I was expecting) it evolved into a Sumba.

Now, this isn't really a huge deal because at lv 50 I'm assuming it will follow this trend and turn into a Naga when Pow>Mind>Dex to get M+Y (instead of a Madhu when Pow>Dex>Mind to get M+Y)
(Though on a side note, I've been thinking it might be cooler just to leave it as a Naga and feed it all the way to 200 on the FO and then never feed it again on my RAmar as to not have it switch to a Madhu after an interval of 5)

The true reason this "glitch" is a problem for me is because I'm also starting out a 186pow mag the same way (on a FO for Leilla) and I'm afraid of it turning into a Sumba too because it would prevent me from getting it to 186pow as monomates would increase its Defense between lv 35-50.

So my question is:
Is this normal or were the other servers just using a patch to enable class-specific evolutions and this server is just set the original way?

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated!

(Sumba gives Golla though)

This is because the level 35 evolution does not depend on what class you feed it on, but rather what it is evolving from -- it is not a glitch. If your mag starts off as a Vritra, it can only evolve into Sumba, Ashvinau or Namuci. Same with the other evolutions.

I swear I've created a max power 186 mag and a few Satos with Leilla as the first pb on other servers though...that's the part I don't get. I put it on a FO and got Leilla and it turned into a Vritra and then I put it back on a ranger and fed it to 35 where it turned into a Surya. I'm pretty sure that happened but I could just be senile...
Regardless, thank you for the reply! (BTW, I'm loving the update you did with all items purchasable in the tool shop - that was an extremely smart idea and so useful for mag makers! Thanks a lot for that!!)

Back