Episode 2 "Lost" Quest Inputs

Lost Master's Blaster has been added. It much more direct and straightforward than seabed and tower so it should be very accessible to a wide range of players. Anything not working correctly, please do let me know here and i'll attend to it.

I also finished single player versions of Ep2 Hopkins. Hopefully sodaboy will have those up pretty soon. Hope ya'll enjoy.

Single player versions of E2 Hopkins are not going up ever. Soda and I decided that we don't want quests in both modes -- they should be designed for one or the other. In the case of Rescue from Ragol, the quest was designed for both modes because it has a differing story depending on if its played multiplayer or single player (furthermore you can't have NPC partners in multiplayer or it fucks up).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there has been miscommunication because, yeah, there have been two conversations happening on this..

Girth, I know we discussed single player quests, your suggestion of Episode 2 needing them, I remember I said if you'd make them, I'd look them over before posting them. I still haven't gotten around to them yet.

However, I've also been having conversations with the staff, and we seem to be leaning toward keeping Single Player and Multiplayer quests separate.

What I mean is, we'd actually prefer that quests are designed for either Multiplayer or Single Player from the get-go rather than one ported from a mode to another.

Still, don't fret man, if you want, we can include the Single Player versions in the next release of the server software so they have more exposure. Or you can just keep them for your upcoming OutlawzBB or what have you that you were going to launch some day soon.

Really sorry about that.

Last edited:
Lol its fine. Use them or don't, its you're server. I've made it clear from the start that I don't insinuate any sort of power on this server. If you don't want single player versions, then I only lost like 2-3 hours of time because of it. I'll sleep tonight.

I cleaned up and removed the last few exchanges. I don't want this topic to turn into what it was.

We got everything cleared up already and I was to blame for part of it.

Let's get on to discussion of the quests... Thanks.

Is this happening consistently? There should just be a normal event collision like any other set there. Sounds like weird desync. I'm not really sure how that would be fixed to be frank.

Also: do you only mean the first 3 spawns with the gibbles and meri's or do you mean the entire rest of the enemies location in the top floor? If this is happening constantly, the only thing I can think that would cause some sort of weird interference is the "if zone clear" that set to give you the heart breaker message once the epsilon's die. Everything else should be normal.

Last edited:
I think that may have something to do with it. If I remember correctly, Pw4 doesn't use traditional warps and has some weird portal at the beginning me and yata couldn't figure out(although i'd be lying if we spent a shit ton of time on it). I know to have 2 towers, you have the trick the game into reading tower a 2nd time in place of a different area (thats why if you go to tower 2 and then go to the lab, it will come up as seaside). Might have to put a warning or some sort of mechanism to prevent that. Or just reduce the first 3 waves into 1 so in case it happens, you arent messing with more than 1 gibble. I'll admit my scripting knowledge is still like a 2/10 so its hard to say.

Massive bump because things got changed.

Lost Shock Gungnir: Moved a few structures that were causing unnecessary walk/fixed warp points and changed 1 enemy location. (nothing big)

Lost Chaos Calibur: Reduced 1 spawn of deldepths from 5 to 4. Slightly Reduced and changed enemy locations in 3rd last room (spawn right before the 5 biters) that most were saying was stupid/shitty. Should be more manageable now.

Lost HeartBreaker: This got the most massive change. Some spawns were reduced, enemy locations changed and time inbetween certain spawns were increased giving the player more time to prepare for the next spawn. Also, the quest now takes advantage of many heal traps and rings. They're placed in the spots considered "this isnt the best position to be in, but here's a helping hand" kind of deal. The Quest should be quite a bit more accessible. The Warping epsilons in the last room have been split up, now 1 then 2 instead of all 3 at once. (Not enough space in the room for this to be fair).

Lost Master Blaster: Moved a few rocks back that allowed players to skips a small part of the quest(nothing big).

Lost Son Hopkins: Same deal as LMB.

Hope ya'll enjoy.

Lol hopefully this means less noob deaths with those epsilons :D

lolwhoamikiddingyouallsuck

Reactions: NDW
It's good to see that you have an ongoing devotion to these quests and to the content you create. I hope that those who made some less-than-charitable remarks about the initial quests are willing to give them another try and possibly make an equally emphatic statement to the contrary once they see the improvements. Hmmm?

LHB was hard for sure but I think it just required more teamwork. I personally liked it as it was for the most part.

The only major trouble spot was the 3rd floor (I think) where you get cornered by a couple ilgils and a gibbles in a very small space, completely necessitating Rangers or a cast. Functioned more like a gear/class check than actual challenge.

Yes, but I would also argue that PW4 has spawns that are every bit as onerous "class checks" as LHB.

True, though less compact. The only ones I have major trouble with while soloing are 4 gigue+epsi in top of first tower, and the massive ilgil/delbiter spawns in the last part of the 2nd tower.

Back