• Yes

Votes: 105 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think alot of people enjoy EP2 though.

Also these quests you mention are most popular because more enemies = more stuff (experience/meseta/rares/rares/rares). People play them because of the benefit they give, the items they drop. If TTF gave no exp and no drops no one would play it, it's one of the most disliked quests to ever exist Imo. Xrd is only played right now because it's got tons of enemies (great for event eggs/exp/meseta/rares/rares/rares) but non-event time is barely played. And max attack not only for the above reason but has alot of good drops. It's the best for hunting a few specific enemies across all episodes. People will always play stuff for gain over playing for fun because it's fun to gain. The drop charts for e4 won't be destroyed, just weakened a little. Nothing majourly to worry about. It's just right now OP. Besides kind/shamb is being buffed which is e4.

I think alot of people enjoy EP2 though.

Also these quests you mention are most popular because more enemies = more stuff (experience/meseta/rares/rares/rares). People play them because of the benefit they give, the items they drop. If TTF gave no exp and no drops no one would play it, it's one of the most disliked quests to ever exist Imo. Xrd is only played right now because it's got tons of enemies (great for event eggs/exp/meseta/rares/rares/rares) but non-event time is barely played. And max attack not only for the above reason but has alot of good drops. It's the best for hunting a few specific enemies across all episodes. People will always play stuff for gain over playing for fun because it's fun to gain. The drop charts for e4 won't be destroyed, just weakened a little. Nothing majourly to worry about. It's just right now OP. Besides kind/shamb is being buffed which is e4.

That isn't to say that people don't play for drops. Of course we do. We all do. Otherwise why have drops? Or levels for that matter? So, you are right it is fun to gain. Loot and levels. But:

But, the crux of it is the fun experience playing the game. Even better when that experience is shared with friends and family.

I wouldn't want to over react over a simple rebalancing. But, when asked, I can say that I don't want to see ep4 lose anything. I don't think I would not worry about low playing numbers on ep2. I don't think it stacks up qualitywise to the other eps. IMO, fun is king. I have put thousands of hours into offline console versions were there is zero chance of getting many of the high end drops at all. It was just fun to play.

I'm not sure about the ep 4 but the liberta won't be as rare anymore. Ep2 got the green light for me.

I've had a lot of fun doing the PW quests with people when they were the HBR quests. I would like to be able to make a game and get someone to join them though naturally just easier.

Yeah sure I can solo ep2 with my fomar, but that gets boring vs running through with 3 others.

The drop charts for e4 won't be destroyed, just weakened a little.

Only thing I'm worried about (which probably won't even happen) is some quests being ruined because "lizards/yowies dont have a good drop, and this is a lizard quest" and stuff like that. I'm sure all quests will have a couple good IDs if the staff does it right.

I'm not sure about the ep 4 but the liberta won't be as rare anymore. Ep2 got the green light for me.

We don't know the drop rates. If it goes through it might be made "red ring tier rare" for all we know (so as to not devalue the ones from events).

I don't give a shit about changed lizard drops as long as V Hard Yowies still drop Photon Crystals.

No kidding. The amount of stuff you can get in n-vh is pretty low. Episode 1 and 2 at least have some fast level methods. Episode 4 can have the ok drops and overall slower levels cause of a lack of bosses.

I didn't like it either but the rates will be harder than before they were changed x)

Hmm.... if you have my mindset than that should only be a better reason to spam it like fuck :p. The ratio was fine in my oppinion, I never even got a HS in the first place from Kondy and I spammed it like no tomorrow back in the days, only got one lame from it.

That isn't to say that people don't play for drops. Of course we do. We all do. Otherwise why have drops? Or levels for that matter? So, you are right it is fun to gain. Loot and levels. But:

But, the crux of it is the fun experience playing the game. Even better when that experience is shared with friends and family.

I wouldn't want to over react over a simple rebalancing. But, when asked, I can say that I don't want to see ep4 lose anything. I don't think I would not worry about low playing numbers on ep2. I don't think it stacks up qualitywise to the other eps. IMO, fun is king. I have put thousands of hours into offline console versions were there is zero chance of getting many of the high end drops at all. It was just fun to play.
The slight issue with the fun argument though of course is that fun is subjective. On the other side of the coin, many players have expressed that Episode 2 is really fun, but they don't play it much because it doesn't have many things they want, or they find it difficult to get people to play with them because the majority of people just chase drops.

For example, I personally love Episode 2 but it just doesn't feel rewarding to play so going for a while in there feels like a "waste of time" when I'm obviously chasing EXP/loot (since this is an RPG, after all), so it would be nice to feel like I could come across something nice once in a while, instead of just the uber rares which will never drop for me.

But you are right, fun is king, and if a majority of people think that Episode 2 is not fun and would rather things not change because of that, then they shouldn't change.

Still, it's nice to see someone who disagrees without completely flipping their shit and insulting everyone around them, so thanks for your input! :eek:

It should also go without saying that someone giving their reasons for not wanting a change (other than, "I want nothing to change", "All the admins are liars") helps us consider what would be a good compromise for people if things did change.

Thanks for a reasonable post @OlderGamer .

Assuming you're playing a Fo or new to HU, I will say lets not forget that the other episodes also have their limitation gimmicks to other classes, and there are things that must also be worked around in them too. Bringers having high tech resists, dark gunners existing in general and requiring lots of rabarta spam, an arrest weapon, traps (which is unfair to fleshies) or frozen shooter, and lizards being invulnerable to frontal bullet attacks nerfing rangers all come to mind while there are others.

I agree that ep2's required gameplay style is slightly odd if you're not ready for it, but I will say its less about gimmicks per say than it is learning to play around the actual changes. It was made to necessitate change and stops people who are less adaptive from progressing and makes them rethink how they approach the game.

Also, about the mobs that cloak thing (unless you mean seabed sinows)...honestly I think that's a directx(?) issue more than a gameplay issue. On gamecube the cloaked sinows were actually really shiny like Predator in the 1980's movie and it looked pretty cool imo, it allowed you to easily see their position. BB and (im assuming xbox as well) drop the ball here and it is really unfair, nothing we can do about that from a technical standpoint tho :(.

They can however be controlled or knocked out of cloaking by techs and traps if that helps you. :) There are many ways to control the mobs that are outside the conventional methods, and once you learn to fight back against their mechanics it makes it much funner.

I love episode 2 and would play it for fun, but adding better drops to an awful list would encourage more to play it. I am unsure why Sega even made it so lopsided in the first place. I am all for balancing it even if it means a nerf to Ep. 4 drops.

Ep2 sounds like a pain, Ep2's drops sounds stupidly weak. Yep, supporting this.
But honestly, I feel like just a tad too much has been brought into Ep2. Then again, I hadn't seen the god that is Ep4 yet

If TTF gave no exp and no drops no one would play it, it's one of the most disliked quests to ever exist Imo. .
20:07:08 42008118 Meredith venom
20:07:11 42008118 Meredith ttf
20:07:15 42008419 VENOM lol
20:07:21 42008419 VENOM id rather
20:07:24 42008419 VENOM launch myself
20:07:30 42008419 VENOM out of this window in my flat
20:07:33 42008118 Meredith o
20:07:37 42003304 Anfisa same

For me, and many others I play with, ep2 is by far the most fun. Other episodes are way too easy and give no real risk. I like ep4 fiasco, though. 90% of the time I play ep2.

Never seen a poll with over 100 votes on ephinea before. 87>26, looks like the interest is there!

Voted yes because I love ep2 and hope to see more people playing it with adjusted drop rates. I also don't like how unbalanced the Skyly preference is currently. I would like to see all section IDs get some love again so we can all feel proud of our IDs.

While I do like the concept of this proposal. What happen with the whitil migium? Is HP/Revival in a lot of players end game build? Am i missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back