Ephineacon 2018: More Than Just a Meme

Respond to this poll if you want to attend Ephineacon 2018.

• Total voters
We can settle our differences with a classic game of duck-duck-goose. That would eliminate any hostility, guaranteed.

I'd go, but I live on the West coast, and I'm pretty sure half the community hates me anyway. *shrugs*

I hope this turns out well if you guys do it. I probably won't be able to go (because priorities-living in South America) but i have a general positive feeling about the people i've met here.

Also if you guys make a mini melee tournament and record it i will watch the whole thing =P

I can probably drive there as long as it isn't during our busy season.
I could probably get Gothmog to go too even if he doesn't play, since he lives in MI still.

only going for soda and girth though

Last edited:
I dunno man, I've never met a worse community than the PSO underground. No one has legitimately tried to get me to kill myself until I came here.

So, who has done this now? Just wondering.

And I've played melee and smash 4 irl with small tourneys and the like as well and I don't really see this as a huge risk but whatever.

This sounds interesting. I might consider going if it happens. Though I might end up waiting for the 2nd one and see how it goes the first time over. (Plus I'm fairly new here so I don't really know anyone.)

Y'all are so paranoid, we're all a bunch of nerds here, no one is going to do shit.

IRL ETH/Monero RMT

At least take proper security precautions. Make sure randoms can't just walk in uninvited, and make sure the venue has cameras.
Yeah, we wouldn't want you to go through with your jaw breaking threats towards @fishhao ;)

I think a lot better of an idea would be to arrange a meetup at a smaller michigan convention, like some fan communities will register a particular timeslot at a convention for an official meetup. Not official as in authenticated by the company who owns the media or whatever, but by a sizable group of fans and a representative. So you could literally just gather a group of people and tell the convention, hey can we have our meetup here at some time? And they'd probably be like, yeah sure. And you don't have to rent out an entire hotel or convention center space for like, 20-30 people at most 8)

I think it'd be a lot better than just whipping up a convention yourself if you've never arranged something like that before, but mostly considering the size of the gathering. I'm not particularly worried about safety as much as, thats a really large measure for not a lot of people. And also what if this all happens and we're all party rockers at ephineacon, if god forbid you get bored of playing pso for 48 hours straight, What Do You Do Other Than Die. But if you have the funds and you're really deadset on making this an Offical Ephineacon PSO ONLY EVENT that would be cool too.

Also if you're really going to do ephineacon, as I am the person who originally came up with the joke, I'd like something in return if it actually happens. Nothing big though, I mean like a McDouble would be cool, I don't care who buys it

I think a lot better of an idea would be to arrange a meetup at a smaller michigan convention
For me, I'd be fine just meeting up at like Buffalo Wild Wings or something similar. Destroy some wings, drink some beer, introduce each other and talk shit. Y'all could move it to some arcade or laser tag or something fun after. Doesn't need to be in a convention center or some big PSO only shindig. Just have some fun and good times with fellow Ephineans.

Back