Ephineacon 2018: More Than Just a Meme

Respond to this poll if you want to attend Ephineacon 2018.

• Total voters

Cassie 9

Real Life Red Ring Rico
Guildcard
****UPDATE**** 2/20/2018

God, so many updates. But it's totally worth it because I'm excited to announce this! Ephineacon will have a raffle. It will mostly include PSO swag, with some other mystery items... They're a secret, but I think you're going to like them!

Each person gets one Item Ticket (a raffle ticket) with their venue fee. So you're entered in the raffle just by paying the venue fee. If you want to get an additional Item Ticket for a better chance in the raffle, each extra one is 3 dollars. We can work that out by PayPal (cassie9paypal@gmail.com) or in person, of course.

Don't forget that you can pay the venue fee via PayPal so that you don't have to worry about it the day of. In fact, I would encourage you to do so beforehand, as it's easier for me.

I'm so excited to give things away! Looking forward to see you all there.

****UPDATE**** 2/8/2018

Hello, all!

Ephineacon 2018 will happen on June 3, 2018. The venue is basically a small building that we’ll have to ourselves. It will be open 10AM-2AM.

The fee is $20, but if you’re feeling generous, feel free to donate more funds. You can pay beforehand on PayPal to cassie9paypal@gmail.com. Or, you can pay me in cash the day of. (I only mention the part about donating because I’m losing money on this event either way… but it’s worth it!)
If more than 20 paying people come, I'll buy you all free pizza!

If you feel like the venue fee is kind of high, I figure it this way: the alternative to getting a venue is going out to eat, buying drinks, and then going to an arcade or something similar. Altogether, that's a kind of expensive time, and it only lasts a few hours. With a venue (which is how the meetup will be), your dinner might be free, you get unlimited video games from 10 AM to 2 AM, and you get a little badge. This is less expensive than going out to dinner and then doing an activity afterward. But if you want to go to the pub and get some drinks with your fellow Ephineans or go to dinner, you should totally definitely do that!! The goal is to make it the most reasonable experience for everyone.

There’s no alcohol allowed in the venue.
It’s against their rules, and there’s going to be minors there. So it’s illegal too. But you can drink at the pub!

Here is the venue.
Here is the nearest hotel. It's near the airport.
Here is the nearest pub.
Here is a coney near the venue.

The venue not being connected to a hotel is by design. I’ve found that people who go to conventions and have a room connected to the venue get blackout drunk, and that's discouraged :lenny:

Also, there’s a small outdoor space? If anybody on this server has ever gone outside and cares about that.

Parking is right outside the building, and it’s free.

Here are the things people are bringing, followed by the name of the person who's bringing it:
Gamecube (Cassie 9)
Smash Bros Melee (Cassie 9)
PSO I&II (Cassie 9)
PSO III (Cassie 9)
Ribbit King (Cassie 9)
Mario Kart: Double Dash (Cassie 9)
SA2B (Cassie 9)

PS2 (Cassie 9)
Guitar Hero 2 (Cassie 9)

Dreamcast (Cassie 9)
Chu Chu Rocket (Cassie 9)
Crazy Taxi (Cassie 9)

Modded Wii (Ryan)
Another modded Wii (Trixie)
Switch (Sodaboy)

CRTs (Cassie 9)

Cards Against Humanity (Aki_Leaves)

Let me know if you want to bring more games for maximum fun :lenny:

*****UPDATE***** 1/8/2018

If you want to go to Ephineacon, take this short survey after reading the post!

Hello, all, it's me again. There have been some updates on the event.

First of all, it will be held for one full day on a weekend this summer. It will take place either in a reserved meeting place in a hotel or a venue with a hotel nearby. The venue fee will not be more than $20, though I'll give you all a final number once the venue is for sure. If you want to go, please see the survey so that you can give me the days that work for you.

Second, @trix has offered to make Ephineacon badges that will come with the venue fee! They'll be specific to your main's class i.e. there will be a RAcast badge, HUnewearl badge, etc that matches your PSO main. If you want to buy another badge on top of the one that comes with your venue fee, you can buy another for an extra $5. Designs are coming soon!

The venue is basically going to just be a bunch of PSO people hanging out and playing games together. If you want to play PSOBB (or other games) with your fellow Ephineans, feel free to bring your computer, memory card, or an extra console! (However, please note that I'm not responsible for you losing your stuff or it getting stolen.) There will be a few CRTs/consoles that I can bring, which includes...

Gamecube: Smash Bros Melee, PSO Episode I and II, PSO Episode III
Wii: Mario Kart
PS2: Guitar Hero
(CRTs and controllers for these consoles as well)

If you want to go hang out and go to dinner and do other stuff that isn't inside the venue, you can totally feel free to do that. Let me know if you guys have some more suggestions for this event, or put it at the end of the survey. There are some other facets of this event that are cooking, but this is what I (and others I'm consulting with) have concretely so far.

Again, here's the short survey for people who want to attend.

Important attendance rule: If you are banned from the game, you are banned from Ephineacon.

***10/1/17***
Alright, Ephineacon has been a joke for a while, but do you guys actually want it to happen?

This is an event that I'm willing to organize, and it can be as big or little as the community wants.

Since it seems that a lot of the users on this server are from Michigan, I could plan it in an event hall during the summer in Michigan. It would most likely be a one-day event, and really the only fees that would be necessary are a venue fee; like five dollars per person would be nice.

But besides those logistical boundaries, there's really a lot that could happen. We could get a bunch of setups and play PSO in person instead of online, including GC and DC if you want. PVP tourney, playlist of all the lobby jukebox songs, smash if people are interested in that, maybe an in-game prize for showing up? Other giveaways? Pizza? Cosplay? Faster chairs?

Is anybody interested in this? Is this an awful idea?

Last edited:
I'd compensate a host who wanted to spend time organizing all that a lot more than a fiver, but I'd be fine with pizza and wings or something and just hanging out, haha. Just meeting some local PSO fans would be amazing. My PSO-raised kids (grown, don't worry) would come too, I'm sure of it.

I've got two Gamecubes and a DC, but only one of the Gamecubes is internet-ready. I have the hard-to-find Component cables for it also, though, so it looks great!

I can even host a small group in my home, but I've only got a small upstairs condo/apartment-thingy so any more than four guests plus us three would start getting a bit crowded. And even if an official meetup never happens, you're all friends of mine, drop me a line and I'll have your favorite beverage waiting for ya.

Edit: It's a big state btw, I won't assume everyone that's here from Michigan is in the Detroit area like I am, but who knows?

As someone who has met about 15 people from pso, it really just takes the right kind of environment. Introverted or not, doesnt matter how you portray yourself over a fucking forum if in person you're there to play games and have fun with who you can.

Everyone acts like all that "what if" is a big deal till they forget why they were anxious after a few games and a few "you fucking bitch" when someone dies in smash.

Life's far too short to assume the worst. Anyone bold enough to go, would probably be fun enough to be around if they bothered in the first place.

Last edited:
Not a big fan of Michigan but I've gone to two car / track day conventions at Waterford Hills and they went alright. I'd be down to go if it's in the summer.

Back