Don't have friends? (Locked, new topic made.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Don't have friends?

diemildefreude said:
falkenjeff raises some valid points. I don't think people should be banned for obscenity-free passive-aggression. I'm also someone who often likes to hang back or split up and go different routes, which, as he pointed out, could mean reduced rates if we've understood your proposal correctly.

I think the call system could be alright as an option to avoid backstabbings.
For games where players want to split up and go through different routes, wouldn't the default pso1 drop method be better then? (assuming soda will keep it as the default drop method)

diemildefreude said:
falkenjeff raises some valid points. I don't think people should be banned for obscenity-free passive-aggression.
I'm not going to entertain the idea of the call system, but I've added the ability to see which style of drop system they are using to the lobby counter. (By pressing TAB.)

If you join parties just to say "Oh, you're using the shitty system, I don't want to play with you guys" and then leave, repeatedly, it warrants a ban. It's bothering other players and then belittling them for their choices.

Anyhow, I guess I'll make a modification to the new drop system to, instead, modify the DAR a little bit then based on the # of people who are playing.

Sodaboy said:
Anyhow, I guess I'll make a modification to the new drop system to, instead, modify the DAR a little bit then based on the # of people who are playing.

What will this do?

Sodaboy said:
If you join parties just to say "Oh, you're using the shitty system, I don't want to play with you guys" and then leave, repeatedly, it warrants a ban. It's bothering other players and then belittling them for their choices.

I'm not going to do it since you warned me, but, I must ask: would it be a temp ban?

(I wouldn't want other players to be permabanned so easily if they do similar things)

Matt said:
Saw a pic the other day of the JPBB ship select -- 900 odd players and 570 parties
guess you were referring to the first pic on this page http://www.geocities.jp/psoabc/pso2.html
925 users and 517 parties
XD

Aleron Ives said:
BB just doesn't have an offline mode, so unlike in previous versions, you can monitor everyone who's soloing using the server.
though one person mode parties were never included in lobby's game list on official psobb servers iirc
scht and tethealla tend to include them

Sodaboy said:
Just to be sure, this is going to be a PSO2 like system with individual drops for each player but with the DAR adjusted around the number of people and not going to use the implementation in the link below, right?
viewtopic.php?p=3880#p3880

ezodagrom said:
Just to be sure, this is going to be a PSO2 like system with individual drops for each player but with the DAR adjusted around the number of people and not going to use the implementation in the link below, right?
Correct, I changed it.

Now, as it goes how I have it, DAR is scaled by 100 - ((num_players -1) * 17)

So, if there's 1 player in the room, DAR is 100% of what it should be. If there's 2 players in the room, it's 83%, if there's 3 players in the room it's 66%, if there's 4 players in the room, it's 49%.

But everybody can roll on everything and there's still potential for multiple rares per monster.

falkenjeff said:
(I wouldn't want other players to be permabanned so easily if they do similar things)
It depends on the situation. People who cause drama here are as unwelcome as cheaters.

Well, these modifications to DAR make calculations more interesting; more work for me then. This definitely won't bode well for the vanilla fans, but I understand that this was done so that the room won't be an all Whitill TTF experience, which is abusive in my opinion.

Sodaboy said:
ezodagrom said:
Correct, I changed it.

So, if there's 1 player in the room, DAR is 100% of what it should be. If there's 2 players in the room, it's 83%, if there's 3 players in the room it's 66%, if there's 4 players in the room, it's 49%.

But everybody can roll on everything and there's still potential for multiple rares per monster.
Alright, sounds good (it's actually more generous than I thought it'd be). xD
Though rates could always be adjusted if it ends up being too good, I guess. ^^;

No, this mode is optional and the leader's ID is still forced for everyone. Sorry if I made people think that their section ID would be taken into account. Throughout all of this, the leader's section ID is still forced on you.

Sodaboy said:
falkenjeff said:
It depends on the situation. People who cause drama here are as unwelcome as cheaters.

It's your server, but IMO you should use temp bans first to warn people, and hope they reform. Some people have bad days, you know?

Plus there's always the chance they'd get mad and DDOS the server if they felt the permaban was really unfair. DDOS protection doesn't always work (case-and-point Lizard Squad vs Riot Games - League of Legends went down for 1-2 hours EVERY day for 2 months, at the same time every day, and that's pretty much one of the biggest games in the world right now). I wouldn't really want the server to go down for weeks because some kid got mad at his ban, especially when it's preventable by just... Not being super harsh.

Sodaboy said:
ezodagrom said:
Correct, I changed it.

So this brings the party rare drop rate (AND common item drop rate) to 196% per party (49% per person) in a 4 player game?

(This means if you were even somewhat considering my "drop unclaimed items in the guild room" idea, don't. As it can be abused by people with multiple accounts.)

Your new system is also abuse-able by multiple accounts, but it's minor and not really worth it for someone to do (make a room, bring in 3 alt accounts and one main account, and play like normal. If a rare enemy is spotted, check all 4 people's drops). Not sure if that would even be worth fixing. If someone wants to take the effort to do that, might as well let them.... xD

Oh, the leader's section ID governs the drops, whether or not the drop system is based on the old way or new way. That is simpler than I thought. I was thinking that that the new way of item dropping would allow each player's section ID to govern the drops based on that players's section ID without any interference from the party leader's section ID affecting the drops. My mistake.

Ryan said:
Please don't speak for everyone.

I'm pretty sure I share opinion with most of the longtime private server community that doesn't want to be forced through arbitrary things, which is not everyone as what you're trying to imply. Most of us that've been playing a very very long time like myself don't really care about being forced through story or gov multiple times yet again or for further constrictions to play as we're already dedicated to PSO in the form of long hunts and gearing ourselves, we're really in it for the long haul and coincidentally end up being the most dedicated players to hunting legitly and keeping the server population healthy. Thankfully those things are being kept minimal here so far, and even further on that point soda and co making improvements. If what I said doesn't apply to you though, then there's no need to be upset because these options are already available to you.

Just wanted to really clear that up.

ezodagrom said:
Though rates could always be adjusted if it ends up being too good, I guess. ^^;
If it's too generous, by all means, give me suggestions how to change it. Haha.

1P: DAR 100%
2P: DAR 83%
3P: DAR 66%
4P: DAR 49%

I was also considering

1P: DAR 100%
2P: DAR 80% (Loss of 20%)
3P: DAR 55% (Loss of 45%)
4P: DAR 35% or DAR 25% (Loss of 65% or 75%)

I think anything less would be too much punishment.

For example, Poison Lily's DAR is 25%, I think.

With the current way,

1P: Poison Lily will drop item 25% of the time, as normal.
2P: Poison Lily will drop item 20% of the time.
3P: 16.5% of the time.
4P: 12.25% of the time.

If I nerf 4P down to 35% or 25%, Poison Lily will drop an item 8.75% and 6.25%, respectively.

Sodaboy said:
I think anything less would be too much punishment.
Indeed, I guess it'll be an Ep4 drop rates like thing, trial and error until finding a balance, that is, if the current rates end up being too much (hard to know without seeing it in action).

Sodaboy said:
ezodagrom said:
soda said stuff

So if I'm reading the thread right (I missed a lot) this is for the new option of a PSO2 style personal rare system? (sorry I'm still waking up, I need coffee).

if so it's interesting to say the least. How far does this deviate from the normal DAR in normal multiplayer games? Also we'll be able to choose between the two if I read correctly right?

Colette said:
Sodaboy said:
ezodagrom said:
soda said stuff

So if I'm reading the thread right (I missed a lot) this is for the new option of a PSO2 style personal rare system? (sorry I'm still waking up, I need coffee).

if so it's interesting to say the least. How far does this deviate from the normal DAR in normal multiplayer games? Also we'll be able to choose between the two if I read correctly right?
Yeah, it's for the PSO2 style individual drops (both rares and regular drops are individual).
And it's optional, enabled with a command if I'm not mistaken, the default drop method is the original PSO one.

Colette said:
Sodaboy said:
ezodagrom said:
soda said stuff

I didn't have coffee and used up like 3x more scape dolls than I needed to. xD

muh scape doll supply T_T

Actually, 83% may be too generous for a 2P PSO2 style drop system, so now it multiplies the DAR by .7 for each player who joins.

Making it:

1P PSO2 style: DAR mod 100%
2P PSO2 style: DAR mod 70% (100 * .7)
3P PSO2 style: DAR mod 49% (100 * .7 * .7)
4P PSO2 style: DAR mod 34% (100 * .7 * .7 * .7)

I think I'm settled on these values as the first values to test when it goes live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back