Don't have friends? (Locked, new topic made.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Don't have friends?

diemildefreude said:
Or you could choose to see falkenjeff's hypothetical manoeuvre as a legitimate form of communication, i.e. "I would like to play with you, stranger, but am troubled by the drop system. Farewell." You could thereupon seize the opportunity, if you were so inclined, to switch drop systems.
You can't change drop systems mid-game.

Also, you're overreacting. If the behavior is pattern, then definitely a ban is warranted. The way falkenjeff said it, it sounded like he'd seek out games just to say that. (A repeated action.) Which does warrant a ban.

falkenjeff said:
I won't quit. I will, however, be passive-aggressively entering people's games, telling them "oops sorry I can't play with you, you have the shitty item drop mode enabled" and then leaving and making my own room. Hopefully if there are enough people like me and Cyan, it will catch on that not all of us want individual drops with a 25% rare rate being the compromise, and people will start making normal rooms instead.

You can't act like this and not deserve a ban.

If you change the game mechanics stuff like this are bound to happen, so I guess the only solution to avoid any kind of conflicts or bans all over the place would be to just pre-arrange the parties at the lobby and decide what kind of drop system it will use prior to creating it.

or make a room with a little tag before the room name to help others in the lobby identify the type of room, is a very old-school way but at least would help to avoid any other kind of confusions and/or troubles.

something like:

[NEW]Forest Hunt! Ultimate 2/4
[OLD]Forest Hunt! Very Hard 3/4

Or in the best of the cases just get rid of this silly system and keep playing the game as it is! less headaches for everyone!!

Neirene, it was already discussed that the game type will be visible from the counter. People will know the type before they join already.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=492&start=75#p3937

Example:

Attachments

• pso_gameoptions.png
    pso_gameoptions.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 65

ChuChu Flamingo said:
So whats the incentive again to play with this system?
You don't share drops. You can pick everything up that hits the floor because no one can see the drops that you see. Everybody has a chance at every rare item from every enemy, with the potential of more than one dropping at a reduced rate.

Not sure if that was really a question, since it was already covered in the topic multiple times, or you were just trying to be a smartass. But I figured I'd answer you anyway.

The new PSO2 style drop system as well as Lucky Day feature have been added to the server.

I've been pretty conservative so far when it comes to new things on this server, but I really, really like this new drop system. Thanks!

Guys pls. Can we stop discussing "bans" and "me being a dick"?

I went to sleep and woke up to 3 notifications, which is fine I guess. But if it goes on for pages and pages I don't think Soda's gonna be too happy about it.

Eistee said:
I've been pretty conservative so far when it comes to new things on this server, but I really, really like this new drop system. Thanks!
I'm glad you approve. :)

I read every post in this topic. I really tried to chew all this information up really well. I think I like the idea of PSO2 style drops, though I'm not entirely sure I see the benefits of using it over solo hunting if a particular person is trying to find a particular rare.

I think, in the attempt to make PSO2 style drops balanced, it kind of self-defeated itself in the purpose of making people hunt in multiplayer games. It seemed, for several posts in this topic, that the attention had shifted on how to make PSO2 style drops work, rather than how to make PSO2 work for the sake of improving multiplayer games.

Anyways, I like the ideas and I have to say I respect the attempts and discussion that went into it. I guess now it's just a matter of testing it live and seeing how it needs to be fleshed out. I appreciate the effort, guys.

How accurate is the first post of this topic? It left out any mention of reducing DARs, which seems to undo everything that this new dynamic drop system has hoped to achieve in promoting teamwork. The reason this new system is something that I disapprove of is that I think the DARs are reduced by factors of 0.7^n, n being 1,2, or 3. We know that reducing this rate will mean less chances of anything dropping, including the desired rare item. Of course, I'm aware that this is like PSO2 where each player can see his/her drop, rather than all of the players, meaning that there are four different rolls of the RNG instead of the classical ninja-style single RNG roll. :lol:

Just as the minor increases in percentages are mentioned in the first post, is this party reduction in DARs also a part of the new dynamic drop system as well? I guess that this is still in its experimental stages, so there doesn't appear to be an opt-out command for this too, correct?

I came up with a formula to make my rates more legit (if you have any desire to change the current ones so that 4P scales to approx 50% like it originally did when it was 49%):

if(party_size == 1) {
DAR = 100%
} else {
DAR = 100% - 20 - ((party_size - 1) * 10)
}

1P = 100%
2P = 70%
3P = 60%
4P = 50%

I would actually potentially play this mode if it was like this. (Basically you reduce it by a flat amount of 30 for 2 player mode, and an additional 10% for every additional player after that)

I'm also kind of sad. It seems like everyone is using this mode, so I'm gonna be locked away in solo games forever =x

Re: Don't have friends? (New Dynamic Drop Rate and PSO2 style drop system)

We'll try it the way I have for now. It can potentially change later.

Not sure if 40% is already too much for 4P.

Sodaboy said:
We'll try it the way I have for now. It can potentially change later.

Not sure if 40% is already too much for 4P.

I didn't realize you edited the OP. I thought you had settled on 34% for 4P =x

In all honesty, I think I'm going to lock this topic and make a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back