Does V101 still drop??

Itchitaka

I've been committed to getting this item to drop for over 3 months and haven't had any luck. Every rare that drops is a Photon Drop. Is it still possible to get this item as a drop? Is the drop rate listed correct?

Section IDDifficultyEnemyDrop Rate
Viridia
UltimateSinow Blue1/3034
Greenill
UltimateSinow Blue1/3034Zu1/2048
Oran
UltimateSinow Blue1/3034
Yellowboze
UltimateBaranz (E1)1/2965

My guess is you probably would have found several by now with average drop-rate luck, but did not. I'm sorry if this happened to you. PSO is very unfair sometimes. (Or perfectly fair, if you want to think about it that way.)

The previous responders could have been a bit more empathetic considering these are the sorts of frustrations that can drive people to quit the game. Some people are way too eager to remind frustrated players "OPE THAT'S JUST RNG" (or some other variant of that line) when really the frustrated player is just wanting to vent, and doesn't need to hear that.

My advice? Buy one and move on to another hunt. Bad luck with one item doesn't mean bad luck with all items. If you've been hunting it this long, you've hopefully accumulated enough PDs to buy one.

Hot take? V101 is too rare for how necessary of an item it is for nearly every build in the game. Same with RR. Both should be about 40% easier to find.

: /

The previous responders could have been a bit more empathetic considering these are the sorts of frustrations that can drive people to quit the game. Some people are way too eager to remind frustrated players "OPE THAT'S JUST RNG" (or some other variant of that line) when really the frustrated player is just wanting to vent, and doesn't need to hear that.
All I did was answer in the most quick way as possible because that is literally the only answer that matters, but thank you for the notion that explaining that they're unlucky is somehow better.

I hunted V502 during one of the events with boosted drop rates and I think about 12 or so dropped for other people before I got mine. I ended up getting two in total, though I was looking to get 3. I know how infuriating that can be.

I must have completed hundreds of runs before getting mine, and the drop rate for these is about the same (if I remember correctly). I wouldn't give up on it though, and if you're like me and prefer to find your own items yourself, then just remind yourself that ultimately you're still playing the game! Enjoy the journey, don't focus on the destination, all that wisdom crap blah blah blah. Lol. Also, feel free to start associating the bad RNG with random things like, "oh I have to kill it with X weapon because Y weapon is clearly unlucky." That's always fun.

All I did was answer in the most quick way as possible because that is literally the only answer that matters, but thank you for the notion that explaining that they're unlucky is somehow better.

That's a fair point. They really were just asking if it still drops, and the answer you gave is 100% correct. I was just sensing a deeper frustration because of my own bad luck I've had with many long-term hunts. It's possible they weren't concerned about that part, so I am sorry if I over-answered.

I've been committed to getting this item to drop for over 3 months and haven't had any luck. Every rare that drops is a Photon Drop. Is it still possible to get this item as a drop? Is the drop rate listed correct?

Section IDDifficultyEnemyDrop Rate
Viridia
UltimateSinow Blue1/3034
Greenill
UltimateSinow Blue1/3034Zu1/2048
Oran
UltimateSinow Blue1/3034
Yellowboze
UltimateBaranz (E1)1/2965
No it doesn't everyone else is lying to you it was removed from the game four years ago, it's like an inside joke within the community right now to trick new players into doing a fruitless hunt take the L lol

No it doesn't everyone else is lying to you it was removed from the game four years ago, it's like an inside joke within the community right now to trick new players into doing a fruitless hunt take the L lol
Aw, now this is just mean. :( Don't be like that, man!

I've been playing 5 months and ran many LSB. I got my first 101 drop last week.(I did get a 101 ttf drop 2 months back) RNG can be cruel, it's honestly not that rare of a drop if you hunt it.

I've been playing 5 months and ran many LSB. I got my first 101 drop last week.(I did get a 101 ttf drop 2 months back) RNG can be cruel, it's honestly not that rare of a drop if you hunt it.

It's not "that rare" when compared to ubers, but similar to Red Ring, V101 is a necessary item for most builds. On average it takes the player way too much of their progress toward 200 to find these two very necessary items; making the journey less enjoyable.

I meant no ill intent btw. There's just no way to put unfortunate news nicely without beating around the bush.

Anyway, some insight to help with the flow, V101 isn't necessary especially at lower levels, and the more you get to mentally set yourself off the fact that you're not on the level of other player's gears, the better you're able to grow fundamentally by just playing and the more enjoyable the hunts become (they become upgrades, no necessities). RR is less easy to replace in that regard but its also somewhat of a luxury depending on how you look at it or what your class is (and very cheap in the market).

I'm with Kevdo. PSO is a very forgivable game gear-wise that makes the journey comparable and fun enough. The big ass finds people drool over are mostly good for optimization quirks. Take it from a guy who started low and ended up with good gear over the years, I'll tell you, much of what I play differently now are spawn/enemy specifics, sans having enough money to swing vjaya all day.

Thanks for the answers, everyone! I'll keep at it! Just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something I didn't know about. I can't tell you all how many times I have read the sentence below (found on the wiki page for V101:

"V101 can be easily found in the quest Lost SOUL BLADE with a Section ID of Viridia, Greenill or Oran. Progress through Mine 1 and kill all of the Sinow Blues, then reset the quest without playing Mine 2."

I used last year's anniversary event to basically complete most of bucket list of gear (other than the Red Ring).

Didn't read about V101 until after the event and I have been searching ever since. At this rate I'll get it during this year's anniversary event, LOL.

I've been playing on this private server for a few years now to complete my dream of beating episodes 1 & 2 on Ultimate. I will probably throw in Episode 4 at some point, but I played the first Dreamcast release and then the Gamecube release. How much I love this game still amazes me.

If you can beat Episode 2 on Ultimate, then Episode 4 will be a cakewalk :3

I hope so! The GameCube release didn't have E4 or a proper story mode so I've been playing through them on BB. I beat E1 on Normal, E2 on Hard, and E4 on Very Hard. The biggest spike was def. E4 on Very Hard. I decided to do some leveling at that time and I was able to easily farm E1 One Person mode on Ultimate but E4 on Very Hard was still tough. Probably in part from the scaling between One Person and Normal mode, but the enemies and areas were pretty crazy. I'd never seen E4 at all before playing it on Very Hard during this run.

Beating E1 and E2 on Ultimate is on my gaming Bucket List since E4 didn't exist on the GameCube release.

Back