Definitive Material Plan Guide

Nice. I was thinking of doing just this actually, since without a PC at the moment I've done about as many builds as I can stand. o_O

Most of these look fine at a glance, but I'd like to make a couple suggestions that I feel max better.

HUmar @ LV 200
--------------------------------
Shield: RED RING
Units: V101, V801
Mag: 5/97/48/50 @ LV 200
Mats: 0 left
- 123 Power
- 69 Def
- 30 Evade
- 28 Luck
All stats maxed out

This setup maxes everything at 200. Removing V801 leaves MST -3, but I figure that if one would ever swap it out, the loss wouldn't matter much. It's much more worthy of the slot for maxing than Centurion/Ability as it makes an additional slot more available while being something most should use anyway. One can use a God/Ability and swap out Red Ring if need be without losing any base stats, or a Centurion/Ability while additionally dropping V801. While not an optimal build for BOVN, one can still be maxed with RR, making it still situationally useful.

FOmarl @ LV 200
Mag: 5/73/51/71 @ LV 200
- 68 Def
- 104 Mind
- 33 Evade
- 45 Luck
All stats maxed out except:
ATP: -5
DFP: -6
EVP: -9

This allows one to max using only either V101 or Adept (or even Hero/Ability) while keeping ATA max for Rambling May, LCK max for low-battlespeed crits, and MST max without V801 if for whatever reason one might wish to forgo the use of any aforementioned units, while using only one mag. The idea is to allow a lot of flexibility with room for fun with unit choice. One can load up on cure, regeneration and/or resist units (making for quite a tanky FO) if so desired this way while still being a capable Force.

Admittedly, I don't think there would often be such a case. This is pretty much assuming that either V101 or Adept at a minimum will be equipped in most scenarios. I feel that in many cases, nuking and support is still just fine without V801, so having the option to swap it for something else without sacrificing MST is nice.

One can achieve similar results with FOmar, albeit using two slots, however there are many more options to consider so I won't post any examples. Though essentially, it comes down to some combo of V101, Adepts, Centurion/Ability, a Heavenly/Unit, how low one is able to get their mag's DEX, whether one wants to rely on RR for melee (LCK), and what one is willing to sacrifice should there be a need to swap units.

Last edited:
I really like this. I think the shift from "maxing all stats" to "maxing the important stats and getting the 'other' stats as high as you can without unit waste" is a relatively newer mindset on this game. I respecced both my RAcast and my HUcast to be that way. Luckily, I made my FOnewm and RAmar that way from the start. I miss seeing all yellow numbers, but being able to sport 2 Cure units on a Lv. 200 RAcast (for example) is really nice for Ep. 2.

Min-Max
Mags: 5/88/61/46, 5/93/101/1, 55/x/x/59 (2nd Mag is for Episode 2, so you can wear V502 instead of Adept) (3rd Mag is for nuking, so you can max DFP/MST with only V801)
Units: V101, V801, Adept
Materials:
- 150 Mind
- 10 Luck

Fonewm

I don't understand the ramar's build- mag stats are 205 not 200 and luck is missing? Does this have something to do with the min-max reference?
Could someone explain please =)

Luck isn't missing, you just didn't expand the quote.

The mag and mats are fucked up though, I fixed it, still works the same though (max all stats with just RR/101)

Luck isn't missing, you just didn't expand the quote.

The mag and mats are fucked up though, I fixed it, still works the same though (max all stats with just RR/101)
My bad, just did it and I saw it =)
V nice plan :D

I've changed HUmar's plan to use V101/V801, that's definitely a pretty good point to make for max stats.

Not going to change FOmarl's though, if you're using melee weapons at all, you'll be wearing a V101, and Adept is not really necessary. (V801 and 3 H/HP is the better setup for pure nuking)

Mag was also wrong for all of HUmar's builds, I put 148/47 instead of 147/48.

Yeah, generally, I agree. One can of course tweak things a bit and still need only one mag. Obviously one wouldn't want to do much melee without a speed unit, but it can still remain an option for an odd target if one doesn't want to swap, or finds themselves in some odd situation. The Adept is really intended for Spirit. Spirit with no speed? Who knows? It's all about the options.

Here is a perhaps better one mag solution:

FOmarl @ LV 200
Mag: 5/68/51/76 @ LV 200
Mats: 6 left
- 71 Def
- 97 Mind
- 38 Evade
- 38 Luck
ATP: -15
MST: -4
LCK: -14

Well, in any case, I may end up resetting my FOmarl whenever I can play again. I assumed I'd never want to remove V101 or use HP units. The above seems attractive though.

Last edited:
@Matt I disagree on the RAmar plan. You can max all stats except EVP with a 15 def mag, and it still leaves all rare mag options open to you. Mag triggers (and aesthetics) imo are way more valuable than 9 EVP.

Code:
RAmar @ LV 200
Units: V101
Mag: 15/140/35/10 @ LV 200
- 80 Power
- 63 Def
- 53 Mind
- 26 Evade
- 28 Luck

And I personally used the following one, because I wasn't sure if def+mind was used in any of the mag formulas (I'm actually still not sure - I'm too lazy to check). Plus it also has the benefit of maxing pow earlier, because more pow mats and less mind.

Code:
RAmar @ LV 200
Mag: 15/100/35/50 @ LV 200
- 120 Power
- 63 Def
- 13 Mind
- 26 Evade
- 28 Luck

This was something I thought about for a long time, but in the end having more mags to select from is very important.

@Matt I disagree on the RAmar plan. You can max all stats except EVP with a 15 def mag, and it still leaves all rare mag options open to you. Mag triggers (and aesthetics) imo are way more valuable than 9 EVP.

Code:
RAmar @ LV 200
Mag: 15/140/35/10 @ LV 200
- 80 Power
- 63 Def
- 53 Mind
- 26 Evade
- 28 Luck

And I personally used the following one, because I wasn't sure if def+mind was used in any of the mag formulas (I'm actually still not sure - I'm too lazy to check). Plus it also has the benefit of maxing pow earlier, because more pow mats and less mind.

Code:
RAmar @ LV 200
Mag: 15/100/35/50 @ LV 200
- 120 Power
- 63 Def
- 13 Mind
- 26 Evade
- 28 Luck

This was something I thought about for a long time, but in the end having more mags to select from is very important.
Which mags are you talking about? (Don't know sorry :( )

Which mags are you talking about? (Don't know sorry :( )

Sato is def+dex = pow+mind which is impossible with 5 def and 35 dex. I'm not sure which other ones are locked out.

Sato is def+dex = pow+mind which is impossible with 5 def and 35 dex. I'm not sure which other ones are locked out.
Ah interesting, yeah if sato was unable to be made with that plan that indeed is a shame!

Last edited:
Back into action years after my dreamcast! I'm not going to enter details on that but I'm going to ask for one thing first and foremost... Please forgive my "Noobishness" :rolleyes:

I've got many questions and the more I think about Class Optimization/Maxing the more questions pops up! So with no more delay let us begin with the simple ones (or 'noob questions' if you guys prefer hahah :D):
*OBS, I will be using HUcast as general exemple.

1 --> I was wondering why weapons don't show up here, is that because "it's really up to you"? Or because, if you max your stats, the weapons bonuses (normally to ATP and ATA) don't matter anymore as you will always dish-out maximum damage? (or use this to focus on the weapons Special Effects perhaps)

2 --> Was also wondering why armor slot (Armors/Frames/Etc) don't show up. It's just cus it does not matter anyways or It's because the bonuses armor provides to DFP and EVP do not count for maximizing a stat and go beyond the limit?
Example: a HUcast already has 601 DFP (somehow :p), so equipping his armor can send the value above this?
Something tells me the reason is very clear but... I really don't know, so... forgive the noob again k? hahah.

Before going to the next question I just wanna state that I got the relevant information from Class maximum stats from:
Class Stat Comparisons at 50 level intervals. Expand the comment to see the tables (and I commend NDW for the information :))
Also, I compiled all the relevant items from PSO-world, always looking for guides and items with the BB (Blue Burst) mark on it.

3 --> Comparing the Base and Max EVP at lvl 200 gives us: 585 base and 660 max. As such, a HUcast would only need 75 bonus on EVP to reach the maximum cap of this stat at lvl 200. Up there the "Max Stats Build" adds: V101, Centurion/Ability and Red Ring. These items add: 15, 30 and 232 EVP respectively. That sums-up for a total 277, being way more than the 75 needed... :eek:
- Which brings us to the relevant question: why that build ALSO adds 15 Evade Materials??
I feel like there is a good reason for that and, as such, I'm probably missing some point and/or mechanic that makes true difference.

And now I look up and think... - "OMG! Sorry for the giant wall of text" :oops:
Hmmm... I could toss in some ice and it could be starring on game of thrones though. Heheheh
Thanks in advance! I'll be looking forward for replies. ;)

Oh! Just remembered two things.

One - It's a silly question yes, but I could not find ENOUGH confirmation as many sources are incomplete on details or diverge...
Every Material you use ALWAYS gives TWO points on said stat whichever stat that is, right? o_O
Example:
Use Power Material = gets 2 points in ATP
Use Attack Material = gets 2 points in ATA
Use Luck Material = gets 2 points in Luck
Use HP material = gets 2 Health Points
And so on... (mind, def, TP, etc...)
Is that always the case or there are differences in point gained for specific materials?

Two - Matt said "I need a better name for this" so just giving an option here. Perhaps it's of any use :wacko:

# Important Stats Only ==> the Focused Build. You focus on the important stats no matter the cap or lvl, rush them FTW!

# Min-Max Build (the one you actually asked for :D) ==> the Optimized Build. We need the important stats, yes. But we still care about the stats respectives caps at lvl 200 and having as much slots free as possible.

# Max Stats Build ==> the Maximized Build. Max ALL stats possible for the class, regardless of importance and amount of slots used!

Will be watching for replies. Peace!

1 --> I was wondering why weapons don't show up here, is that because "it's really up to you"? Or because, if you max your stats, the weapons bonuses (normally to ATP and ATA) don't matter anymore as you will always dish-out maximum damage? (or use this to focus on the weapons Special Effects perhaps)
This is a material plan guide (i.e. your "stat build"), your weapon usage is up to you.

Only mags/units/materials add to your base stats, meaning weapons, armour and shields add to the total stat instead. Exceptions to this are MST and LCK, where everything boosts base and it cannot go above base under any circumstances.
2 --> Was also wondering why armor slot (Armors/Frames/Etc) don't show up. It's just cus it does not matter anyways or It's because the bonuses armor provides to DFP and EVP do not count for maximizing a stat and go beyond the limit?
Example: a HUcast already has 601 DFP (somehow :p), so equipping his armor can send the value above this?
Something tells me the reason is very clear but... I really don't know, so... forgive the noob again k? hahah.
See above.

3 --> Comparing the Base and Max EVP at lvl 200 gives us: 585 base and 660 max. As such, a HUcast would only need 75 bonus on EVP to reach the maximum cap of this stat at lvl 200. Up there the "Max Stats Build" adds: V101, Centurion/Ability and Red Ring. These items add: 15, 30 and 232 EVP respectively. That sums-up for a total 277, being way more than the 75 needed... :eek:
- Which brings us to the relevant question: why that build ALSO adds 15 Evade Materials??
I feel like there is a good reason for that and, as such, I'm probably missing some point and/or mechanic that makes true difference.
This one is because maxing stats is not about hitting the cap neatly, but about resources used (# of materials and # of unit slots basically). To max stats, you need to use a unit slot, if you don't use a unit slot, you won't hit max stats, so might as well use a Centurion/Ability.
One - It's a silly question yes, but I could not find ENOUGH confirmation as many sources are incomplete on details or diverge...
Every Material you use ALWAYS gives TWO points on said stat whichever stat that is, right? o_O
Example:
Use Power Material = gets 2 points in ATP
Use Attack Material = gets 2 points in ATA
Use Luck Material = gets 2 points in Luck
Use HP material = gets 2 Health Points
And so on... (mind, def, TP, etc...)
Is that always the case or there are differences in point gained for specific materials?
Yes, all materials give 2 to the base stat.

These are the materials on Blue Burst:

Power Material (+2 ATP)
Def Material (+2 DFP)
Mind Material (+2 MST)
Evade Material (+2 EVP)
Luck Material (+2 LCK)
HP Material (+2 HP)
TP Material (+2 TP)

The amount of materials you can use is capped (150 total between Power/Def/Mind/Evade/Luck, and 125 each of HP/TP).
Two - Matt said "I need a better name for this" so just giving an option here. Perhaps it's of any use :wacko:
I think I'll take your first two names actually, although I'll keep the names Max Stats, thanks! :eek:

Back