Definitive Material Plan Guide

What can I say...
Matt, thanks a LOT for using the time to read and reply to everything IN DETAIL. :)
I feel much more confident to plan things ahead now. I'm also glad that the names helped. Heheheh.

Humans get 250 total. ;)
When you say "250 TOTAL" you mean "Total between Power/Def/Mind/Evade/Luck" ?
Besides, humans also have the 125 material for HP +PLUS+ another 125 for TP as normal, right?
Or this changes too?

I'll probably do BOVN builds in a bit.
I'm curious now. Whats a BOVN and why it might be so relevant for Stat Optimization?

Thanks again mates!

When you say "250 TOTAL" you mean "Total between Power/Def/Mind/Evade/Luck"
Yes.
Besides, humans also have the 125 material for HP +PLUS+ another 125 for TP as normal, right?
Or this changes too?
Yes, they can have 125 HP and 125 TP mats.
I'm curious now. Whats a BOVN and why it might be so relevant for Stat Optimization?
BOVN is a hunter-only armor which has heavenly/battle built in, which allows you to not use V101 in your builds, and frees up a potential slot. Since V101 added some stats, the needed materials is different when you use BOVN. The drawback for using BOVN is that you can't use certain other armors, like Thirteen.

Hello Matt. I was looking on your Max Stats plan for RAmar, and I found some little errors:

Important Stats Only
Mag: 5/165/35/0 (Mag Level 205? o.o, you meant 5/160/35/0)
Units: V101
Shield: Red Ring
Materials:
- 222 Power
- 28 Luck

Min-Max and Max Stat
Mag: 5/160/35/0
Materials:
- 50 Power (You actually need 60 Power Mats)
- 68 Def
- 63 Mind
- 31 Evade
- 28 Luck

Hello Matt. I was looking on your Max Stats plan for RAmar, and I found some little errors:

Important Stats Only
Mag: 5/165/35/0 (Mag Level 205? o.o, you meant 5/160/35/0)
Materials:
- 222 Power
- 28 Luck

Min-Max and Max Stat
Mag: 5/160/35/0
Materials:
- 50 Power (You actually need 60 Power Mats)
- 68 Def
- 63 Mind
- 31 Evade
- 28 Luck

It's true.
無題.png

Yeah it's 60 Power, sorry. Made a small typo there. =P

Everything listed in a material plan is for level 200, as that is what you'll aim for. For levelling you'll still want a mind mag but once you're 200 you won't be using a mind mag because you don't need it.

It's the same for every plan; they're long-term plans, but the mag you use while levelling may differ.

For levelling a force, something with a lot of mind is best as it allows you to learn techs faster and let you kill things quickly with techs in the lower difficulties.

Once you reach Ultimate though, melee tends to be more useful than techs, although techs can still be useful, so you'll want both a pow/dex mag and a mind mag.

Hey there just wanted shoutout that u made a lil mistake at ramarl:
forgot the 13 luck mats
guide still works throught

Another mistake, FOmarl only needs 30 Evade mats, not 38 for the V101 and V801 setup. Wow 32 free materials, her caps are too low.

Not a mistake, it's so that you still have max EVP while you are using your mind mag.

I've finally added the BOVN builds, you can find them under the HU spoilers under the "Without V101" spoiler.

Thanks for taking the time to make this - I've been using it all the time.
May I add this info to my ever-expanding public spreadsheet?
Edit: Never mind, I'll just use the spreadsheet calculator and do my own calculations since I have to make builds for the Gamecube as well.

Also, the "min-max" build which you want another name for, I've always called it the "practical build." Gets the point across.

Last edited:
RAmar question...
upload_2018-4-17_16-36-47.png

How would this be max?? What about luck?
I only see 15 (from v101) and 20 (from RR), for a total of 45 Luck??

Back